Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2012 sahara LOUD clicking sound after car is placed in park on slight hill (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2012-sahara-loud-clicking-sound-after-car-is-placed-in-park-on-slight-hill-142158.html)

crableg85 02-25-2012 12:14 PM

2012 sahara LOUD clicking sound after car is placed in park on slight hill

hello all like title states i own 2012 sahara LOUD clicking sound after car is placed in park on slight hill about 6000 miles on it ive noticed it happens on the slightest hill and long as the jeep move foward itll do this loud click sound the jeep is automatic and ive notice its gotten a little louder in the past few weeks the sound is deffintly comming from the center under of the jeep im asuming the tranny ??:confused:

Baby Huey 02-25-2012 12:18 PM

Sounds like the vehicle weight against the Parking Pawl in the trans.... Try setting your parking BRAKE first before putting it in PARK... "BH"

crableg85 02-25-2012 01:57 PM

is this a problem i know cars trucks etc do this ... do this it just seems really loud for not even on a really large hill then most cars ??

treames192 02-26-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crableg85 (Post 2073456)
is this a problem i know cars trucks etc do this ... do this it just seems really loud for not even on a really large hill then most cars ??

Shouldn't b a problem yet. But I would be sure to set the brake first, then shift to park. Mine did it at first too. But I have since tightened the parking brake. FYI, you need to take off the wheel, rotor to access the adjuster. I recommend having the dealer do it.

DSmith1178 02-26-2012 07:01 AM

My wife has had two Acura MDX's which do the same thing. Everyone else is spot on except I put the parking brake on, shift to neutral and let the weight of the car shift from the transmission to the parking brake, then I put in park. My Ram does it too if its steep enough. Ill do this when my new Rubicon comes in. I think its just the norm these days with the tight tolerences of modern transmissions.

Dave

crableg85 02-26-2012 01:44 PM

Ahh gotcha guess ill start doing it too

JEEPDON 02-26-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crableg85 (Post 2073131)
hello all like title states i own 2012 sahara LOUD clicking sound after car is placed in park on slight hill about 6000 miles on it ive noticed it happens on the slightest hill and long as the jeep move foward itll do this loud click sound the jeep is automatic and ive notice its gotten a little louder in the past few weeks the sound is deffintly comming from the center under of the jeep im asuming the tranny ??:confused:

Your punctuation leaves a little room for error; but it sounds to me like you are still moving when you put it in park?? If so; STOP first, then put in park, then I bet your problem will go away.
Don
Happy Jeeping

crableg85 09-17-2012 08:24 PM

Ok hate to bring this back but I've been doing all this stuff states and the clicking has gotten worse and jeep says its normal .......?