Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Ceramic vs Semi-Metallic Brake Pads? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/ceramic-vs-semi-metallic-brake-pads-142177.html)

Rubicon06Va 02-25-2012 01:49 PM

Ceramic vs Semi-Metallic Brake Pads?

I'm looking @ Posi Quiet Premium Brake Pads and I would like to know if you prefer Ceramic or Metallic pads. I'm thinking ceramic 'cause they last longer, less brake dust, good braking power, but slightly higher price. Any thoughts?

WaterDR 02-25-2012 01:56 PM

Metallic should stop better but make more mess. I would run ceramic unless you a towing a lot.

metal41mulisha 02-25-2012 01:58 PM

Semi metallics are also a little rougher on your rotors as well

Old Grunt 02-26-2012 12:13 PM

I have a 99 TJ and have made the switch to ceramic's. The metallic's have a tendency, up here in Maine at least, to corrode due to the use of the State's DOT fondness for road salt. Any type of metallic up here is heavily prone to this. The ceramic's tend to resist this stuff a lot better. That and the use of brakes up here, due to the moose, the deer and the inevitable snowmobiler, who can't seem to practice any type of safe road crossing, makes the use of ceramic's the better way to go.

Blackpony04 02-26-2012 05:33 PM

I'll never use anything but ceramics on any of my vehicles because of their lack of dust. They stop no different in my experience but the clean wheels more than justify the cost difference.

floridajpr 03-01-2012 07:53 PM

EBC Brake Pads and Rotors. The best brake pads for more stopping power for Jeeps. If these pads do not satisfy your Jeep stopping needs than you need a Vanco brake system.

Jerry Bransford 03-01-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridajpr (Post 2092588)
EBC Brake Pads and Rotors. The best brake pads for more stopping power for Jeeps. If these pads do not satisfy your Jeep stopping needs than you need a Vanco brake system.

EBC Yellow Stuff (most aggressive brake pad EBC makes) have been surpassed by Black Magic pads from BlackMagicBrakes.com

Black Magic used to use and recommend EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads as the best until they discovered an even better stopping pad. I'm using the Black Magic pads and at this point, you'd have to go with the Vanco Big Brake kit to get better brakes. Even Vanco is shipping their Big Brake kits with Black Magic pads now. :)

Rubicon06Va 03-02-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 2092695)
EBC Yellow Stuff (most aggressive brake pad EBC makes) have been surpassed by Black Magic pads from BlackMagicBrakes.com

Black Magic used to use and recommend EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads as the best until they discovered an even better stopping pad. I'm using the Black Magic pads and at this point, you'd have to go with the Vanco Big Brake kit to get better brakes. Even Vanco is shipping their Big Brake kits with Black Magic pads now. :)

Thanks! 10-4.:wavey:

acrijos 03-02-2012 03:02 PM

Black Magic Brake kit in front D30 and Black Magic pads in rear 8.8.