Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Hi-Lift Deal on Amazon (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/hi-lift-deal-on-amazon-142349.html)

chris.george 02-26-2012 10:09 AM

Hi-Lift Deal on Amazon
 
I was browsing around looking for deals, and ran across this:
Hi-Lift Jack HL604 60" Hi-Lift Black Cast and Steel Jack

Thought I'd share with you all.

KarlG 02-26-2012 10:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up, got it! :thumb:

chris.george 02-26-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlG (Post 2075973)
Thanks for the heads up, got it! :thumb:

We should have a forum just for this stuff :rofl:

willee51 02-26-2012 10:39 AM

Thanks............
 
............... just ordered one. Great deal (got the Extreme) :thumb:

chris.george 02-26-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willee51 (Post 2076040)
............... just ordered one. Great deal (got the Extreme) :thumb:

This one?


Hi-Lift Jack XT605 60" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack

Might need to go with that one...

willee51 02-26-2012 11:21 AM

U got it................
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.george (Post 2076056)
This one?


Hi-Lift Jack XT605 60" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack

Might need to go with that one...




Yes, Hi-Lift X-treme, but then U knew that :nonono:

kjeeper10 02-26-2012 11:55 AM

What do they normally cost?

chris.george 02-26-2012 11:55 AM

Ha ha, thanks Willie! I canceled my other one and went with that one instead. $40 more but I just traded $80 in change (I had no idea I had that much...) for an Amazon gift card. So no big deal to me!

kjeeper10 02-26-2012 11:57 AM

The Amazon deal of the day thread :thumb:

chris.george 02-26-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2076257)
What do they normally cost?

60" X-Treme:
List Price: $120.08
Price: $99.99
You Save: $20.09 (17%)

60" Black Cast and Steel:
List Price: $101.21
Price: $58.49
You Save: $42.72 (42%)

kbwwolf 02-26-2012 01:09 PM

Just so everyone knows, the bottle jack that came with your Jeep will work fine for rigs with tires up to 35" (and maybe even to 37", not sure about that), since it lifts from the axles.

If you're just jacking up your rig to change a flat on the side of the road, it's much easier, faster and less dangerous to use the bottle jack.

The Hi-Lift can come in handy off-road, though. I've got a 48" one. :thumb:

Some accessories for Hi-Lift jacks:

Hi-Lift Off-Road Base (ORB) - alleviate jack sinkage on soft ground | Hi Lift Jack Company

Hi-Lift Handle-Keeper (HK-B/HK-R) - eliminate jack "rattling" during transportation and storage | Hi Lift Jack Company

Hi-Lift Lift-Mate (LM-100) - lift vehicle wheel directly from the wheel | Hi Lift Jack Company



And here's a video on using it. There are lots of others that show you different uses for the Hi-Lift...just google hi lift videos. Lotta good stuff there.

Hi-Lift Jack Operating Instructions - YouTube

chris.george 02-26-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2076456)
Just so everyone knows, the bottle jack that came with your Jeep...

You got a bottle jack? Why do I not see or know where it is?


I'm going to have to talk to my dealer if I didn't get one and was supposed to...

GoldenSahara00 02-26-2012 01:15 PM

I have a hilift but only for use in an emergency on the trail. Which is rare. But it's there in case.

ranjr 02-26-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.george

You got a bottle jack? Why do I not see or know where it is?

I'm going to have to talk to my dealer if I didn't get one and was supposed to...

I agree. Mine came with a scissor jack. Big difference!

LilYeller 02-26-2012 01:29 PM

That 60" hi-lift is a pain to store. It is way too tall. I made the mistake of getting the 60" and theres really only 1 place for it to go and thats on the hood. I wish I had gotten the 48"

Comac90 02-26-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.george (Post 2076056)
This one?


Hi-Lift Jack XT605 60" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack

Might need to go with that one...


Just pulled the trigger on 48" X-treme for $82.71 and free shipping (and a new CB setup ... DAMN YOU, AMAZON!). :thumb:

60" is so big, I've never figured out a good, compact way to carry one without going to the roof. I've always bought 48" and fortunately have never needed anything taller in the ~18 yrs I've been wheeling (except for that one time when ... :D).

T

the Kolector 02-26-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comac90 (Post 2076527)
Just pulled the trigger on 48" X-treme for $82.71 and free shipping (and a new CB setup ... DAMN YOU, AMAZON!). :thumb:

60" is so big, I've never figured out a good, compact way to carry one without going to the roof. I've always bought 48" and fortunately have never needed anything taller in the ~18 yrs I've been wheeling (except for that one time when ... :D).

T

I was wondering if most people went with the 48" or the 60" Storage would definately be a consideration as I dont want it on the hood. I have seen some mounted to the roll bars inside, right inside the rear window going from side to side. Seems like as good a place as any.

kbwwolf 02-26-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.george (Post 2076470)
You got a bottle jack? Why do I not see or know where it is?
I'm going to have to talk to my dealer if I didn't get one and was supposed to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjr (Post 2076500)
I agree. Mine came with a scissor jack. Big difference!


Sorry...mis-typed it. I meant scissor jack. :hide:

Comac90 02-26-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Kolector (Post 2076565)
I was wondering if most people went with the 48" or the 60" Storage would definately be a consideration as I dont want it on the hood. I have seen some mounted to the roll bars inside, right inside the rear window going from side to side. Seems like as good a place as any.

....Unless you're stuck in a spot where you can't get your tailgate open because of the VW-size boulder you're wedged against (been there, done that :facepalm:). :D of course, if you are running topless, or even softop - no big deal.

IMHO, an external mount is the best option. Mine's going on the tire carrier.

T

GoldenSahara00 02-26-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilYeller
That 60" hi-lift is a pain to store. It is way too tall. I made the mistake of getting the 60" and theres really only 1 place for it to go and thats on the hood. I wish I had gotten the 48"

Cut it!

Mines mounted on rear stock bumper. Perfect fit.

I have a bottle jack :)

old_blue 02-26-2012 03:00 PM

nice find, i got mine ordered

chris.george 02-26-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Sorry...mis-typed it. I meant scissor jack. :hide:

Was it located in the trunk? I didn't get one :(

kbwwolf 02-26-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.george (Post 2076882)
Was it located in the trunk? I didn't get one :(

Really?

It should've been in a slot under the panel that covers the rear storage compartment just inside the tailgate...that's where mine is, anyway.

Could come in handy. :)

chris.george 02-26-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Really?

It should've been in a slot under the panel that covers the rear storage compartment just inside the tailgate...that's where mine is, anyway.

Could come in handy. :)

Ha, yeah. I actually called them and was like, "Dudes." (Yup really said that) and try drove it out to me :D

LilYeller 02-26-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2076642)
Cut it!

Mines mounted on rear stock bumper. Perfect fit.

I have a bottle jack :)

May have to cut it since it can only be mounted to hood or where I have it now whic is completely in the way and not a place I really want it. see pic below.
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...-30-46_153.jpg

KarlG 02-26-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.george (Post 2076259)
I just traded $80 in change (I had no idea I had that much...) for an Amazon gift card. So no big deal to me!

I LOVE the Coinstar gift certificates to Amazon. I ran around the house collecting all the change in drawers, wife's old purses, laundry room etc. and came up with over $179 :dance::dance:

Aegis 02-26-2012 07:12 PM

Great deal I ordered one also.,

kjeeper10 02-26-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Sorry...mis-typed it. I meant scissor jack. :hide:

The TJ came with a bottle jack. Disappointed to find out our Jk does not.

kbwwolf 02-26-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2077589)
The TJ came with a bottle jack. Disappointed to find out our Jk does not.

I'd much rather have the bottle jack, too. Maybe that's why I typed it...wishful thinking. :D

kjeeper10 02-26-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

I'd much rather have the bottle jack, too. Maybe that's why I typed it...wishful thinking. :D

I kept referring to it as a bottle jack when Eric and I were doing the lift. Finely broke it out to keep the front axle level during install. Was like "what the F is this thing?"

Fail :rofl:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.