Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Indiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f84/)
-   -   JEEPS for SALE in INDIANA (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f84/jeeps-for-sale-in-indiana-142511.html)

WranglerGIRLL 02-26-2012 09:45 PM

JEEPS for SALE in INDIANA

Hello, I'm in the process of saving for a Jeep Wrangler, when I'm able to buy, I'll be looking for one between the years of '98-'03. $8000 or a little over is my max price range, and maybe 135k miles or less. Not looking for a pile of junk, I'm wanting a nice one or as nice as I can get on the price/miles range I have.
If anyone knows about any that fit my qualifications, please post it and let me know! :) it would really help me out.
Thanks!
Raigen

WranglerGIRLL 02-27-2012 06:32 PM

If anyone has any info about any, it would be much appreciated! :) please let me know!

Logan_M 02-28-2012 11:27 AM

Craigslist is my favorite place to look

WranglerGIRLL 02-28-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan_M
Craigslist is my favorite place to look

I've looked there but didn't really find much, I've been watchin Cars.com, AutoTrader.com, and I have a friend that's a owns a car dealership so she's watchin for me too

InfernoGirl 02-28-2012 04:45 PM

Jwm1986 has one for sale, not sure of your price range tho.

WranglerGIRLL 02-28-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl
Jwm1986 has one for sale, not sure of your price range tho.

Oh ok thank you!

ShakaZulu8402 02-28-2012 06:36 PM

I bought my 2000 tj w/ 103k miles for $7800 a year ago so you shouldn't have any troubles finding one. Definitely keep a look out for the 4.0, D44 rear axle, and any nasty rust spots.

WranglerGIRLL 02-28-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakaZulu8402
I bought my 2000 tj w/ 103k miles for $7800 a year ago so you shouldn't have any troubles finding one. Definitely keep a look out for the 4.0, D44 rear axle, and any nasty rust spots.

Thanks :) ya I want a 4.0 and I was told about the D44, it would be nice to find one that has that! :) and yes I'll definitely keep my eyes open for rust.. Haha

mtu1293 03-05-2012 12:11 AM

There where a few in this weeks auto / rv trader - one not too far from either. Also look at Greatlakes 4x4 - there have been some in your criteria range for sale the past few months, but I did just go back and look and most are in souther Lower Michigan.

Any other preferences: stick vs auto, lifted / modified vs stock, color, etc to help us help you......

WranglerGIRLL 03-19-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtu1293
There where a few in this weeks auto / rv trader - one not too far from either. Also look at Greatlakes 4x4 - there have been some in your criteria range for sale the past few months, but I did just go back and look and most are in souther Lower Michigan.

Any other preferences: stick vs auto, lifted / modified vs stock, color, etc to help us help you......

Ya I look in the auto/RV trader book every time my step dad pics it up. He said to stay way from the Michigan/Chicago area cause they most likely have more rust.

I'd like a stick, 4.0L, and whether it's lifted or not I'm kinda worried about (since it could of been owned by a kid or drove the heck out of it), color doesn't matter.

And there was a '97 for sale that I went and checked out. It was everything I wanted, 5spd, 4.0L, but the dealer wanted no less than $7500 for the thing, it was so rusted underneath... He's dumb of he thinks he will get that much for it. He said he bought it at auction (obviously for too much and must not of looked underneath) so idiot is prob gonna buy it and not even check the underside!

Turns out my step dad new the previous owner, he said it is junk. It's been completely submerged like 3 times, had a new dash replaced so the miles are like 150k off (when I looked it said 114k so it's gotta be 200k+) and they guy drove the heck out of it. I feel sorry for whoever buys it

LawMoose 05-07-2012 11:38 AM

J&S Motors - Fairmount, Indiana - Corvettes
This is where I bought mine, he has a lot of good deals and has more then whats on his website.

WranglerGIRLL 05-07-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawMoose
J&S Motors - Fairmount, Indiana - Corvettes
This is where I bought mine, he has a lot of good deals and has more then whats on his website.

Thanks! Hey I've been wanting to talk to you on here! Lol is your jeep like a grayish tan and has a "bacon inside" sticker on it??

LawMoose 05-07-2012 02:12 PM

Oh no! You didn't find my bacon did you?!?!

WranglerGIRLL 05-07-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Oh no! You didn't find my bacon did you?!?!

I figured it was yours! Hahaha I parked by you but I left before you did lol I drive the little red metro sport now! Hahaha

LawMoose 05-07-2012 06:23 PM

Wow your burning up the track with that?

What made you think it was mine?

WranglerGIRLL 05-07-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Wow your burning up the track with that?

What made you think it was mine?

Hellz ya! Haha have you seen it?

And I was thinking you told me that that's what color it was. Was it not yours? Lol

LawMoose 05-07-2012 06:43 PM

Oh it was my little bad a$$ jeep lol

Yes I have seen it! Totally didnt know it was yours though

WranglerGIRLL 05-07-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Oh it was my little bad a$$ jeep lol

Yes I have seen it! Totally didnt know it was yours though

Hahahaha nice!

And yep! :P

LawMoose 05-07-2012 06:54 PM

You need a stack on it!

WranglerGIRLL 05-07-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

You need a stack on it!

Lmao!!! It's not a diesel :( lmao. That yellow metro kinda has one! Have you seen that one??

LawMoose 05-07-2012 09:49 PM

Yeah lol Tom.....he is strange

WranglerGIRLL 05-07-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah lol Tom.....he is strange

Hahah I don't know him, just noticed that there was another metro

LawMoose 05-08-2012 04:25 PM

Yeah he spray painted the whole thing

Briarsdad 05-29-2012 11:52 AM

I live just North of you near Fairbanks. I saw a yellow TJ on the little car lot south of Shelburn on 41 across from the sawmill. I don't know what the price or mileage is but you might want to look at it.

WranglerGIRLL 05-30-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briarsdad
I live just North of you near Fairbanks. I saw a yellow TJ on the little car lot south of Shelburn on 41 across from the sawmill. I don't know what the price or mileage is but you might want to look at it.

Hey I live around there! And I think I know that jeep. Is it at "Shakamak Motors"? Of so it's a 4 cyl, 5 spd. And is $8000... That place ALWAYS has overpriced crap. I looked at a jeep there one time for $7900 and it was waaayyy rusted on the bottom, the guy wouldn't drop the price either. Acted like there wasn't even any rust. But thanks for saying somethin!!

Briarsdad 05-30-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerGIRLL (Post 2417032)
Hey I live around there! And I think I know that jeep. Is it at "Shakamak Motors"? Of so it's a 4 cyl, 5 spd. And is $8000... That place ALWAYS has overpriced crap. I looked at a jeep there one time for $7900 and it was waaayyy rusted on the bottom, the guy wouldn't drop the price either. Acted like there wasn't even any rust. But thanks for saying somethin!!

That is the place. I have never stopped in there, I wondered if he sold polished up junk. I figured it was worth mentioning when I saw your post. I will keep an eye out and if I see any I'll pm you on here with info.

WranglerGIRLL 05-30-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briarsdad

That is the place. I have never stopped in there, I wondered if he sold polished up junk. I figured it was worth mentioning when I saw your post. I will keep an eye out and if I see any I'll pm you on here with info.

Ya I think that's what he does lmao, and thanks!! :)

LawMoose 05-30-2012 10:15 AM

Jeez you still haven't found a jeep?!

WranglerGIRLL 05-30-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Jeez you still haven't found a jeep?!

No :/ I'm still trying to save money too. Just got $1075 from graduation though so that really helps. Gonna put it in the bank soon so I won't be tempted to use it. Jeep fund! Haha. And I plan to detassel this summer so I should maybe make 2-3 grand hopefully? And I'm also trying to find and actual job still. I'm trying to stay away from the fast food industry though and it's proving to be at tad bit difficult lol. And btw did you graduate this year at VU??

LawMoose 05-30-2012 10:25 AM

Sounds like me last summer! I worked 3 jobs and I couldn't find a jeep I wanted. I know what you mean I never want to work fast food. Check out the state website, they have a lot of jobs open up and they pay pretty good.

They tell me I graduated but still haven't sent me diploma. I start a new program in the fall, just cause I'm that awesome :D