Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Help-Procal (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/help-procal-142554.html)

SilverBling 02-27-2012 07:40 AM

Help-Procal
 
So I posted several months ago about my traction control light randomly coming on after I switch to different tires/wheels on my 2011 wrangler unlimited. I purchased the Procal to change tire size and thought this wld solve my problem...well it hasn't! I have messed and messed with different setting of tires size and still continue to get same results. Help!!!

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 07:43 AM

Wondering if you have a faulty wheel sensor?

SilverBling 02-27-2012 07:55 AM

You wld have thought as many time I took to dealership they wld have checked that but prolly not. I guess my next option is to put my stock wheels/tires back on and see. Good thing I have held on to them.

daggo66 02-27-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBling (Post 2079070)
I guess my next option is to put my stock wheels/tires back on and see. Good thing I have held on to them.

Yes, please! :D If the light stays on with the stock tires, it is most likely a damaged wheels sensor. Go back to the dealer with the stock tires on.

SilverBling 02-27-2012 08:39 AM

Im gonna do that. Just so aggravating!! Never wld have thought it will be such a difficult process.

river2c 02-27-2012 06:19 PM

Did you use your Procal to center your steering wheel? This feature works great and it'll set your steering wheel dead on. If it's not centered, you'll get the traction control light coming on when you make tight turns.

OH9JK 02-27-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by river2c (Post 2080924)
Did you use your Procal to center your steering wheel? This feature works great and it'll set your steering wheel dead on. If it's not centered, you'll get the traction control light coming on when you make tight turns.


x2 on this ^^^

skitzo 02-27-2012 08:24 PM

I have an 08 with 35's and mine is doing the same thing only my brakes engage also?? I took it to my dealer and they reprogramed the ecm for the rubicon tires but still not big enough. I assume it is the ESP that is causing the brake modulation but not sure?? Any ideas?

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzo
I have an 08 with 35's and mine is doing the same thing only my brakes engage also?? I took it to my dealer and they reprogramed the ecm for the rubicon tires but still not big enough. I assume it is the ESP that is causing the brake modulation but not sure?? Any ideas?

Yes it is.

Jeep cuts power/brakes when ESP is activated. Aka drives like shit :D

You know how to recenter the steering?
Very easy

skitzo 02-27-2012 09:15 PM

I think I just saw a post of yours regarding the Project Jeep while I was doing research on other users with same problem. It mostly does it as I am coming down of my hill and turning to the right.

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzo
I think I just saw a post of yours regarding the Project Jeep while I was doing research on other users with same problem. It mostly does it as I am coming down of my hill and turning to the right.

Center you steering wheel the best you can and look at the tires from the front.
See if there pointing straight forward.

If your steering is not centered the ECU thinks your in a slide or loosing traction.

Does the jeep track strait on the highway if you let go of the wheel?

skitzo 02-27-2012 09:26 PM

That thing wonders so bad I'm scared to let go I usually drive white knuckled...LOL. I live in E. Tennessee and our roads are never the same especially with semi traffic so bad here. But in all seriousness it does wonder a bit.

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzo
That thing wonders so bad I'm scared to let go I usually drive white knuckled...LOL. I live in E. Tennessee and our roads are never the same especially with semi traffic so bad here. But in all seriousness it does wonder a bit.

Looks like you probably don't have these? :D

skitzo 02-27-2012 09:29 PM

adjustable lower contol arms?

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzo
adjustable lower contol arms?

Yep.

skitzo 02-27-2012 09:38 PM

ahh that would be a negative on that.. I bought the jeep slightly used and the lift and tires were already installed. Although I am friends with the guys at top gun customz here and could easly get some.

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzo
ahh that would be a negative on that.. I bought the jeep slightly used and the lift and tires were already installed. Although I am friends with the guys at top gun customz here and could easly get some.

Ah ah. So you bought a PO'd jeep that had a crappy lift thrown on :(

That sucks..

Don't pay anybody. Research some and do the work yourself. Spend some time on here. Read and ask questions.

Find out what you have, and what you may or do need. Post a new thread If you need any help/have questions.

These guys and a few gals know their jeeps :P

Good luck and welcome :)

skitzo 03-04-2012 03:26 PM

I know I can do some tweeking to the lift I have so I am not worried at all. Its not a great lift but I got the Jeep at a good price at the dealer so I took it. I mean its not a "terra lift" but for what the wife will use it for is fine. besides some like sprint boosters and some dont right?

cmanlaw 03-04-2012 04:02 PM

I didnt know jeeps came with traction control! I thought it was called 4wd!

skitzo 03-05-2012 07:56 AM

I believe its called ESP. My jeep has both 4wd and traction control. I wish it was like my truck and had 4wd only

pkmcd99 03-05-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzo
I believe its called ESP. My jeep has both 4wd and traction control. I wish it was like my truck and had 4wd only

Esp and bld are traction control features

Bigdawg0114 03-05-2012 08:31 AM

I had a rear wheel speed sensor that went bad which causes the ABS, traction control, and ESP/BAS lights all to activate since all three systems run off of individual wheel speed monitoring. It only ran me $22 at the dealership for a new one & about 5 min to install.

That being said, I don't think your issue is a speed sensor, but more likely to be related to front end alignment and/or track bar issue.

skitzo 03-05-2012 07:28 PM

the strange part is you can actually feel the modulation in the pedal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.