Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Anyone have a good mount for their Maglite? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/anyone-have-a-good-mount-for-their-maglite-142721.html)

Sueby 02-27-2012 07:22 PM

Been doing a little bit of searching & found a lot of people who've mounted it on the drivers seat rail, which would be ideal, but the 2012 has a plastic cover that the older JK's don't. So I'm wondering if anyone's done it there with the plastic, how they did it & if they are happy with it.

Or I'm open to other suggestions too.

Thanks.

JIMBOX 02-27-2012 07:27 PM

:whistling: Heh Heh-

Drivers door

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMG_0010.jpg

Passenger door

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMG_0009.jpg

Mini-maglights !

Can'tbeatem-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

New2012JEEP 02-27-2012 07:28 PM

I saw that too. I was thinking of mounting on rollbar behind drivers seat vertically. Have not checked out to see if would work though.

isitme 02-27-2012 07:49 PM

I bought a holster for my surefire and clip it to the pocket in the back of the seat.

kbwwolf 02-27-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 2081231)
Been doing a little bit of searching & found a lot of people who've mounted it on the drivers seat rail, which would be ideal, but the 2012 has a plastic cover that the older JK's don't. So I'm wondering if anyone's done it there with the plastic, how they did it & if they are happy with it.

Or I'm open to other suggestions too.

Thanks.

Why not just drill through the plastic, as well as the metal part of the rail? Kinda like this:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource MagLite Flashlight Seat Mount Write-Up

Hidrorayo 02-27-2012 07:56 PM

I have mine mounted in the tailgate underneath my MPAC Rack.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U...0/IMG_1770.JPG

OH9JK 02-27-2012 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Keep mine handy...

the Kolector 02-27-2012 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2081397)
Why not just drill through the plastic, as well as the metal part of the rail? Kinda like this:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource MagLite Flashlight Seat Mount Write-Up

I actually did this today. I think it turned out really nice!

kbwwolf 02-27-2012 08:02 PM

Some other possibilities:

Jeep Maglite Mount Write-Up


MAGLITE MOUNT STRAP EACH [MP1132-00] - $7.99 : Jeep Outfitter


Flashlight Mounting Bracket - Flashlight Mount


Smittybilt 769520 - Smittybilt MAG-Light Flashlight Holder - Quadratec


Rugged Ridge 11205.20 - Rugged Ridge Universal Sport Bar Flash Light Holder in Black - Quadratec

isitme 02-27-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Kolector (Post 2081450)
I actually did this today. I think it turned out really nice!


I like this:thumb:

the Kolector 02-27-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitme (Post 2081500)
I like this:thumb:

As do I, the only thing I have to worry about is making sure I take it out while I am driving around with the doors off. I didn't buy the flashlight as a present for anyone else!

Sueby 02-27-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Why not just drill through the plastic, as well as the metal part of the rail? Kinda like this:

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource MagLite Flashlight Seat Mount Write-Up

Thats what I want to do. I'm hoping to hear from someone who's done it with the plastic there. I'm kinda scared I guess!

I never thought about the pocket on the back of the seat. Hmmm...

kbwwolf 02-27-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 2081729)
Thats what I want to do. I'm hoping to hear from someone who's done it with the plastic there. I'm kinda scared I guess!

I never thought about the pocket on the back of the seat. Hmmm...

Scared of what? The drill will go through the plastic easier than it will the steel. :)

But, as you wish.

JeeperJake 02-27-2012 08:53 PM

great ideas one and all!

I used a smallish belt-holster for a small-med maglite, that slides easily over the E brake handle. It's out of the way, not in the way, easily accessible, and removable if I want. There's also room for another slightly larger belt pack, for such as small digial camera, cell phone, coffee bucks, a spare mag or two, and it too slides off easily, isn't in the way, etc etc etc.

flyinion 02-27-2012 08:54 PM

Nice, I might have to do something like this. It's overkill I know, but I already own a nice heavy duty 6 D cell maglite (got it with safety program certificates for free when I worked at Boeing) and figure I might as well use that :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidrorayo (Post 2081418)
I have mine mounted in the tailgate underneath my MPAC Rack.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U...0/IMG_1770.JPG


JeeperJake 02-27-2012 08:56 PM

I've also got a medium strap-on back of passenger seat 'day pack' thing. Had it on rigs over the past 25 years, adapting from back of console hump, to various cabin locations. Now if fits nicely behind the passenger neck area....except....

with the rear seat always folded up, I have to keep it empty....

armyretiree 02-27-2012 08:56 PM

Mounted mine on the back side of the soundbar. Easy to reach for all passengers and out of sight.

Sueby 02-27-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Scared of what? The drill will go through the plastic easier than it will the steel. :)

But, as you wish.

Scared to drill holes I guess! I'm wondering how the fit is, like if it's easy enough to get out with the door closed. I know people said it was tight, I'm wondering if the plastic makes it too tight. It would make me feel better to see someone has done it on their 2012. Pics would be nice. ;)

I ordered the clips yesterday, I'll check out the fit when they come in.

Sueby 02-27-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armyretiree
Mounted mine on the back side of the soundbar. Easy to reach for all passengers and out of sight.

Not scared to get conked in the head?! ;) I know with the clips I had in the camper that the thing was never gonna fall out.

12JKUR 02-27-2012 09:29 PM

Amazes me how many actually *want* a maglight of any flavor given the superior alternatives, not to mention, most of which do not come w/the awkward decision of where to stash or how to mount.

4sevens.com

Your welcome.

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12JKUR
Amazes me how many actually *want* a maglight of any flavor given the superior alternatives, not to mention, most of which do not come w/the awkward decision of where to stash or how to mount.

4sevens.com

Your welcome.

Thank you :thumb:
Amazes me, folks at work have them.
I have a $3 led special that will light up the room :)

Sueby 02-27-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12JKUR
Amazes me how many actually *want* a maglight of any flavor given the superior alternatives, not to mention, most of which do not come w/the awkward decision of where to stash or how to mount.

4sevens.com

Your welcome.

Those are expensive flashlights! I'm sure my Maglite doesn't come close, even with the led, but it was free. Plus I can beat someone over the head with it!

seanpholman 02-27-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Kolector (Post 2081450)
I actually did this today. I think it turned out really nice!

Mine is exactly like this. Perfect location.

--Sean

Sueby 02-27-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanpholman

Mine is exactly like this. Perfect location.

--Sean

Awesome! Don't have a pic do you?

Disraeli 02-27-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12JKUR (Post 2081947)
Amazes me how many actually *want* a maglight of any flavor given the superior alternatives, not to mention, most of which do not come w/the awkward decision of where to stash or how to mount.

4sevens.com

Your welcome.

Maglite = Light + Self-Defense

How many zombies (or gangbangers) could you fend off with your little girly light?

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disraeli

Maglite = Light + Self-Defense

How many zombies (or gangbangers) could you fend off with your little girly light?

I have a baseball bat for that :D

Sueby 02-27-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

I have a baseball bat for that :D

Where'd u mount that? ;)

JIMBOX 02-27-2012 10:19 PM

:rolleyes: Heh Heh, my little mini-mags are only good for-

-------------------------BLINDING-------------------------

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

kjeeper10 02-27-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby

Where'd u mount that? ;)

On my hood where the jack is supposed to go :D

Disraeli 02-27-2012 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2082163)
I have a baseball bat for that :D

Baseball bat + Light = 6 D-Cell Maglite

Swing batter batter batter Swing batter...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.