Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Anyone wonder why some salemen are called idiots! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/anyone-wonder-why-some-salemen-are-called-idiots-142816.html)

jeepnpr 02-28-2012 08:26 AM

Anyone wonder why some salemen are called idiots!

The perfect guy to NOT show you how to lower your soft top.
You would think if the dealership is going to make this video they would at least get someone that knows what the heck they are doing.:facepalm:

How to Remove a Jeep Wrangler Soft top - YouTube

GREEN-MACHINE 02-28-2012 08:46 AM

sun and wind in your hair :rofl: they could at least gotten a guy WITH HAIR. :rofl:

Gate53 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

If you need a chromeplated mall crawler you now know who to contact.

NHrubicon 02-28-2012 08:52 AM

now what was the purpose of taking out the knob/bolt that holds the door jamb top in place?? That's supposed to stay there unless you are putting on a hardtop...:whistling:
I wonder how fast he has to go to make the wind catch on that and flop it around until it smacks him in the head!:facepalm:

jeepnpr 02-28-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEN-MACHINE (Post 2083169)
sun and wind in your hair :rofl: they could at least gotten a guy WITH HAIR. :rofl:

HEY HEY I resemble that remark!
I am a member of the hair challenged club but I still enjoy the wind running thru my 2-3 hairs that I have left (when I don't shave)
But yes they should have gotten someone with hair---or at least a brain to know how to do this.
And I was so hoping to see him pinch his fingers in the top when he threw it back :wavey:

JDsDream 02-28-2012 09:18 AM

That should have been titled How NOT to Remove Your Soft Top with a link to the Bestop video imbedded.

JeepAddOns-Chris 02-28-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

I don't always try to trash my soft top. But when I do, I follow these instructions.
Stay incompetent my friends.

That may be the best Youtube comment ever posted. Whoever said that... awesome!

Tommy2Times 02-28-2012 02:44 PM

One summer later when the top is trashed and the customer states "I always removed my top the way the salesman showed me" I sure hope they replace their top free of cost.

I'd cry if it were a TJ, but since it's a JK, i'll just laugh.

Pukeolicious 02-29-2012 04:55 AM

I couldn't watch anymore after he screwed up the name of his dealership.

MickeYJ 02-29-2012 05:06 AM

He didn't even know the dealers name lol

jeepnpr 02-29-2012 12:53 PM

The guy who posted the video "Hoseramma" just came on the other forum and apologised for posting the video.
Says when he had to make the video there were no Jeep guys around so they got this Toyota guy who said he knew how it was done and this was the result.
I replied and told him no hard feelings and the video was entertaining.
As a "How-To" it was an epic fail but really as a How-NOT-To" it was a win. :wavey:

MickeYJ 02-29-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepnpr
The guy who posted the video "Hoseramma" just came on the other forum and apologised for posting the video.
Says when he had to make the video there were no Jeep guys around so they got this Toyota guy who said he knew how it was done and this was the result.
I replied and told him no hard feelings and the video was entertaining.
As a "How-To" it was an epic fail but really as a How-NOT-To" it was a win. :wavey:

^^^^ that wax nice of him^^^^