Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   New Quadratec Winch Series (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-quadratec-winch-series-143072.html)

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 09:06 AM

New Quadratec Winch Series

These winchs are getting reviews far exceeding Warn and Ramsey and Superwinch. Is anyone sporting these new winchs? There also a fraction of the cost of the other proven big guns. Under 400 buck can get you into a serious jeep pulling beast, almost sounds to good to be true. What say you fellow Jeepers?

kbwwolf 02-29-2012 09:09 AM

Links to some of the reviews?

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 09:11 AM

Im on my phone. Im not that high tech..lol. Check out quadratecs website out for starters. They also back it with the industries best warranty.

kbwwolf 02-29-2012 09:21 AM

This is all I could find, mostly questions..I'd like to see some independent reviews from one of the 4x4 magazines, perhaps:

New Quadratec winches

Quadratec Winch?

New Quadratec brand winches? - JeepForum.com

winch reviews - Quadratec Jeep Forum

New Quadratec Winches?

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 09:43 AM

Maybe The Quadratec vendor will chime in also. Just putting the idea imto jeepers minds for now. When I get home ill try to get some other reviews. If there all they say they are, im getting one.

Cosmic Charlie 02-29-2012 09:47 AM

They look nice. They sound nice. I'm sure there will be more reviews once they are released. Right now, it looks like only a pre-order to be shipped March 5th: Quadratec Exclusive Q9000 - Quadratec Q9000 Self Recovery Winch - Quadratec

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...9-add18-lg.jpg

kbwwolf 02-29-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkmcd99 (Post 2087240)
Maybe The Quadratec vendor will chime in also. Just putting the idea imto jeepers minds for now. When I get home ill try to get some other reviews. If there all they say they are, im getting one.

That's cool. And don't get me wrong. I'm not trashing them, by any means. I just haven't seen any of the rave reviews you mentioned, and wondered if you could link me to some. :thumb:

But it's probably gonna take a little while before the verdict is in, considering that they're only taking pre-orders.

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

That's cool. And don't get me wrong. I'm not trashing them, by any means. I just haven't seen any of the rave reviews you mentioned, and wondered if you could link me to some. :thumb:

But it's probably gonna take a little while before the verdict is in, considering that they're only taking pre-orders.

The comparo reviews are on page 1 of the new quadratec order manual. I can assume they have done extensive testing to post the information against warn. Far more testing then petersons or jp will do.
Just saying.

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie
They look nice. They sound nice. I'm sure there will be more reviews once they are released. Right now, it looks like only a pre-order to be shipped March 5th: Quadratec Exclusive Q9000 - Quadratec Q9000 Self Recovery Winch - Quadratec

Im thinking about one on my front bumper.

Punkin Slinger 02-29-2012 10:37 AM

I recently purchased a Rugged Ridge 10,500 lb. winch with synthetic rope. Anyone see a review on the RR winches?

Sorry for the hijack.

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkin Slinger
I recently purchased a Rugged Ridge 10,500 lb. winch with synthetic rope. Anyone see a review on the RR winches?

Sorry for the hijack.

I havent seen RR or Smittybuilt reviews.

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

"Rave" no, I said "far exceeding" dont twist context please. Im a long time fan of warn and am considering changing because of the price and possible quality quadratec might offer. This thread wanted input not hate.

Matador 02-29-2012 11:16 AM

Is this the comparison chart your basing your "Reviews" comment on? Like KB said these haven't been released and I think there are several people waiting to hear about more independent reviews. The key word here is independent, not from the manufacturer themselves. I'm not saying what they posted is incorrect but you do need to consider the source of the information. Come back to us when you find those other reviews please.

kbwwolf 02-29-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkmcd99 (Post 2087477)
This thread wanted input not hate.

Who's hating?

I just said that a review that's done by the seller isn't necessarily objective. That said, if you want a Quadratec winch, buy one. :)

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador
Is this the comparison chart your basing your "Reviews" comment on? Like KB said these haven't been released and I think there are several people waiting to hear about more independent reviews. The key word here is independent, not from the manufacturer themselves. I'm not saying what they posted is incorrect but you do need to consider the source of the information. Come back to us when you find those other reviews please.

This response is assumptive that Quadratec may pad there information on their products. There are half ass companies with rebadged chineese products that claim the same. I can assure you if quadratec has put there name on it, its made with top quality workmanship. Im not sure you fully grasp how quadratec tests a product before badging there name on it. Either way, I cant see how private reviews may be more informational. The private testers after all are seriously influenced by marketing and corrupted by the biggest pay day. In a strange manipulative way, I will assume you meant private testers as you and I, which I agree. And not private testers as magazines and editors. Enough said, we will see once the product is available to the public. Ive got my money on quadratecs reputation to put an end to this hijack.

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Who's hating?

I just said that a review that's done by the seller isn't necessarily objective. That said, if you want a Quadratec winch, buy one. :)

Thats a little more clear. I will second this.

Matador 02-29-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkmcd99 (Post 2087608)
... Im not sure you fully grasp how quadratec tests a product before badging there name on it.

I never claimed to know that and unless you work for Quadratec, I'm not sure you know that either. With that said, I think we all agree that they are a stand up company, but for all we know this might just be another "rebadged chinese product". Until we get independent reviews (which I consider consumer & print media. Again weighing the information against the source). none of us will have any better indication of how good/bad the product is.

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador

I never claimed to know that and unless you work for Quadratec, I'm not sure you know that either. With that said, I think we all agree that they are a stand up company, but for all we know this might just be another "rebadged chinese product". Until we get independent reviews (which I consider consumer & print media. Again weighing the information against the source). none of us will have any better indication of how good/bad the product is.

The winch series has components manufactured in China on it. The isnt a company out there that doesnt have some part from China on it. Quadratec has researched and tested this winch series for ovet a year and put alot of dollars into refinement before it was good enough for there name. Its not a competition winch series, its made for us weekenders. Buy what you want, we shouldnt rule this new series out just yet. Your right, lets see more real world testing.

kbwwolf 02-29-2012 01:14 PM

Joe (Quadratec rep) talks about their new winches in the third link (Jeepforum) that I left in post #4.

The Q winches are not rebadged.

Quadratec 02-29-2012 01:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to clear up the air about this concerning our winches. Our winch is manufactured in China but is not a rebadged product that'll you'll find elsewhere. There are other winches on the market made in this same facility, but we have taken the time and optioned for hardened internals, different gearing, and other extra options for the outside.

The chart in our magazine is a comparison chart. It does not reflect actual winch testing 1 on 1 with other manufacturers. It just there just to show what we have optioned (internally and externally) to make available to the customer versus another respected manufacturer. It also shows the basic information of each listed winch that is available on each of the manufacturer's websites.

We have been working on this winch for quite a while, buying different manufacturers and testing them out on various jeeps here at our headquarters. The product that is now available to you, is the final product that we decided to go with that met and exceeded our expectations compared to other brands that we've all owned over the years. It is not a competition winch, and we have designed and marketed this towards the recreational offroader.

Now that doesn't mean its of lesser quality, and it will last as long as you follow the proper winching guidelines. On top of it all, we offer a great warranty of 1 year electrical and limited lifetime mechanical. We are currently in the processing of filming and getting videos together of the winch operation under all types of conditions. Check out our YouTube channel for updates. :)

Thank you everyone! :flowers:

-Joe

pkmcd99 02-29-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadratec
Hello Everyone,

I'd like to clear up the air about this concerning our winches. Our winch is manufactured in China but is not a rebadged product that'll you'll find elsewhere. There are other winches on the market made in this same facility, but we have taken the time and optioned for hardened internals, different gearing, and other extra options for the outside.

The chart in our magazine is a comparison chart. It does not reflect actual winch testing 1 on 1 with other manufacturers. It just there just to show what we have optioned (internally and externally) to make available to the customer versus another respected manufacturer. It also shows the basic information of each listed winch that is available on each of the manufacturer's websites.

We have been working on this winch for quite a while, buying different manufacturers and testing them out on various jeeps here at our headquarters. The product that is now available to you, is the final product that we decided to go with that met and exceeded our expectations compared to other brands that we've all owned over the years. It is not a competition winch, and we have designed and marketed this towards the recreational offroader.

Now that doesn't mean its of lesser quality, and it will last as long as you follow the proper winching guidelines. On top of it all, we offer a great warranty of 1 year electrical and limited lifetime mechanical. We are currently in the processing of filming and getting videos together of the winch operation under all types of conditions. Check out our YouTube channel for updates. :)

Thank you everyone! :flowers:

-Joe

About time, I was gonna need a fire hose to dose the flames in here :grins:

Matador 02-29-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkmcd99 (Post 2088057)
About time, I was gonna need a fire hose to dose the flames in here :grins:

Who is flaming you? KB and I just questioned your original comment regarding "Reviews". Personally, I'm genuinely considering the Quadratec winch. Its priced right and its coming from a company that I haven't had a problem with and seems to have a good reputation on this forum. With all that said, there is nothing wrong with waiting for independent reviews. We are all on the same page :thumb:

OutlawJK 02-29-2012 02:28 PM

Is building a quality winch made in the USA not possible anymore?

That Engo winch was tested against several good winches. How does the Qtec
Compare?

sknyfats 03-07-2012 10:57 AM

I ordered one of these up today. I plan on posting a review and pics of all my mods once its all complete and I've had a chance to play with everything for a little while.

pkmcd99 03-07-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknyfats
I ordered one of these up today. I plan on posting a review and pics of all my mods once its all complete and I've had a chance to play with everything for a little while.

Look forward to your experiences

dadrunamok 03-07-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknyfats (Post 2113553)
I ordered one of these up today.

Just wondering: did they give you any idea about a ship date?

Tkalagher 03-07-2012 05:28 PM

So, are the stickers removable?

Disraeli 03-07-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie (Post 2087260)

"...to be shipped by March 5th"....

is Quadraspeak for "the shipment just left the docks in Shanghai (we think) and as soon as they arrive (this summer), they'll be shipped out immediately (unless they're not)."

Quadratec 03-08-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disraeli (Post 2114728)
"...to be shipped by March 5th"....

is Quadraspeak for "the shipment just left the docks in Shanghai (we think) and as soon as they arrive (this summer), they'll be shipped out immediately (unless they're not)."

We actually have all of the winches in stock at this time. A few of them arrived damaged, so we are taking the time to open up each box and inspect them all. As the winches are declared good or bad, they are either shipped or quarantined to be shipped back to our manufacturer. It is extended the shipping times on some customers, but we feel it is better for a customer to receive a good, working winch versus one that was damaged and could have been avoided. :)

-Joe

texasperry 03-08-2012 03:24 PM

Before my TJ had to be put down, I was ready to install a winch from Collins Brothers. Thier black mountain winch. It got good ratings from users. The combo Kit was very reasonable.
Now I own a JK. I still want a winch and I see quadratecs offerings. Very nice price. I definatly fit the user profile for the quad winch. I have purchased from Qudratec in the past. I had some good and some bad experiences with them.
My quandry is this: How to mount the winch. New winch bumper which drives the cost up or just buy a winch plate which seems to be expensive as well. (I kind of like the Mopar winch bumper.) I see more asphalt off road so I need to balance my upgrades.
So, I am looking forward to seeing reviews as I ponder my options and what will be both cost effective and what I like the looks of.
Perry