Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Things you'd think would have come on the Jeep...... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/things-youd-think-would-have-come-on-the-jeep-143401.html)

mxman122 03-01-2012 04:00 PM

Things you'd think would have come on the Jeep......

1 month of ownership..... I was thinking about some things that I'm surprised did not come with the Jeep.

1) Door sills. I've never seen a vehicle without them. On order should be here today.

2) Mesh Grill Guard. One rock at the wrong time and there's a hole in the radiator. Added

3) Locking nuts. Ok maybe a dealer installed item, bought them.

4) Grab Handles. Really ?? Added

I'm sure there's more. Feel free to add and call me a whiner.

daggo66 03-01-2012 04:08 PM

My first Jeep didn't even have a dashboard.

tabber02 03-01-2012 04:08 PM

all part of making it "yours"... :thumb: personally i wish mine came with a crew served weapon from the factory.

-bob

GonzoBobH 03-01-2012 04:19 PM

http://www.wranglerforum.com/data:im...NjgpJt/J//2Q==

Would be nice, no?

BobH

cu in oz 03-01-2012 04:23 PM

Not too sure there Bob:popcorn:

cu in oz 03-01-2012 04:26 PM

Ok: If were really complainig here, then I think it should have come with a fuel door. Its one add-on that really makes sense (IMHO)

Cosmic Charlie 03-01-2012 04:33 PM

It should have come with a discount coupon to the "Learn how to drive off-road" facility closest to the buyer.

Edit: Oh, and a lollipop.

Sgt.slaughter 03-01-2012 04:38 PM

I've bought all these "little things" and they ADD UP QUICK! I was complaining like you but now I do actually like it because there are SO MANY fun options out there to choose from and make it yours. I love that! It's just money right? Lol

sneck 03-01-2012 04:39 PM

I agree 100% with the mesh and the grab handles. I mean, the grab handles I think are outright bizarre. Even my station wagon had grab handles. I can't imagine folks gave so much feedback to jeep about their jeeps that jeep decided "hey, from the factory we will include mounting locations for grab handles, but people seem to prefer custom handles over one generic one, so lets leave that as aftermarket only"

Other options I would like would be a backup camera. I know silly electronic features just add to the price, but it would rock to have. Personally? I think the carpet should be an option (that way folks like me don't have to waste the time to pull it out!)

kbwwolf 03-01-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxman122 (Post 2091835)
1 month of ownership..... I was thinking about some things that I'm surprised did not come with the Jeep.

1) Door sills. I've never seen a vehicle without them. On order should be here today.

2) Mesh Grill Guard. One rock at the wrong time and there's a hole in the radiator. Added

3) Locking nuts. Ok maybe a dealer installed item, bought them.

4) Grab Handles. Really ?? Added

I'm sure there's more. Feel free to add and call me a whiner.

#3 and #4 were included by my dealer. I promptly replaced both. :D

JeeperJake 03-01-2012 05:27 PM

"there are SO MANY fun options out there to choose from and make it yours. I love that! It's just money right?"

after 14 months of minor add-ons, today I've spent ALL day getting to the point of actually locating and drilling the holes for my fog lights. The amount of prep, assembling parts, studying which nuance is more functionally significant than other very similar choices, and plaguing everybody you know far & wide on how to do some simple thing, ADDS to the mystique of the marque, IMHO.

I'll never gaze on the simple yet noisome "under bumper air dam" attachments nor the "bumper-grill insert" in quite the same unappreciative way. How, why & who designed those little plastic screw-bolt things needs medication or to be readmitted to the rubber room indefinitely.

So the 2" of snow on the ground this AM is gone, I've only broken 1 bit, and I'm ready to at least screw the mount bolt on the Grotes on before retiring for the evening. Hope weather tomorrow cooperates. Maybe I'll get the wires hooked up.

But they're MY lights where I want them, getting back to the point.

No one else is likely to need/want/put up with what it's taking to do it "my way".

If you want easy, Jeep ain't it.

I've had 'easy' for dozens of rigs that did little to satisfy, please, amuse or entertain me. Back to work.

Sgt.slaughter 03-01-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneck

Other options I would like would be a backup camera. I know silly electronic features just add to the price, but it would rock to have. Personally? I think the carpet should be an option (that way folks like me don't have to waste the time to pull it out!)

They are trying to make them mandatory by I think 2014. I used to think it was cool until my husband literally back right into his brothers ford Focus last weekend with his FJ. He used to use that camera as leverage teasing saying how my stupid Jeep doesn't have one. Now everyday since when he leaves the house I tell him. It to back into any children! Lol.

c0d3x5 03-01-2012 05:34 PM

grab handles.. thats a must.. although i cant find ones i like.. i will probably end up making my own..

jp2611 03-01-2012 05:42 PM

There are trying to make the Jeep everything for everybody...for example a 4door JEEP with keyless entry and power windows??? I thought they were crazy...but they are selling like crazy and have been for a while. And while I don't see me purchasing a JKU....I really like my JK...just completed the better part of a day driving it all over NE INDIANA, time to go drive the TJ and feel like myself.

I like the JK but TJ is "home".

c0d3x5 03-01-2012 05:45 PM

i have a jku, and the dealer tried really hard for me to get keyless and power windows / locks.. im like its a "Jeep" why the hell do i want all that for?

JustMike 03-01-2012 06:04 PM

Doesn't the grab handles come in the glove box for the Jeep that you install on the rollbar (or is this a option) or are you guys talking about permanently fixed ones? I put mine on last week! Dealer also installed mudflaps, rubber floor mats and cargo mat without me asking. She said they do that to all the jeeps they sell.

c0d3x5 03-01-2012 06:13 PM

buying my next jeep at ur dealer

daggo66 03-01-2012 06:16 PM

mudflaps? :eek:

JustMike 03-01-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 2092294)
mudflaps? :eek:

Yah, I know, they will be coming off for the spring/summer when the salt/slush is gone from the roads.

JustMike 03-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0d3x5 (Post 2092286)
buying my next jeep at ur dealer

:thumb:

tomthbomb 03-01-2012 06:46 PM

My first Jeep had locking front hubs. Where the hell are they on my '12?

h20squirter 03-01-2012 07:04 PM

I have a 2012 JKU, and yes I have keyless entry, and power windows and door locks. I have 2 small children, didn't feel like fighting with my 6 year old while she is unrolling her window or opening her door while we are driving. I have no clue where she gets he defiant streak. :punk:

but i wish mine had come with better tires, something at least a little more aggressive would have been nice. I also wish it had come with 4.10's factory. I also wish Jeep included a small tool that is a 55 Torx bit on the end so I can keep that in my glove box for door removal.

silver07wrangler 03-01-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0d3x5
i have a jku, and the dealer tried really hard for me to get keyless and power windows / locks.. Im like its a "jeep" why the hell do i want all that for?

x100

wat3rdog 03-01-2012 07:11 PM

All I want is pwr windows for the kids and dogs. I would rather buy the other stuff my self to make it mine and less cookie.

firehawk 03-01-2012 07:21 PM

Have it your way Jeep.

:dance:hi, the good thing about jeeps is that you can get a jeep new for less than 22k$ to more than 40k$ then the fun starts with ur add-on's, i did go for the pw,pl,pm,key less, 5spd auto, side steps, track lock, and
many add-ons, one size does not fit all that is what makes all so special,
the good news the mods never stop, when u get low on money, u get to take a break till ur nxt mod. enjoy the jeep and your new friends at wrangler forum...:whistling::whistling: I am sure u will get many more posts!

tabber02 03-01-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cu in oz (Post 2091882)
Not too sure there Bob:popcorn:

it could be fun, no? :rofl: not to harm people... well most people, just to scare the crap out of the idiots of the world... :thumb:

besides, who hasn't dreamt of rolling up to a range and running a MK-19 off the speaker bar for a bit? :rofl:

-bob

silver07wrangler 03-01-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber02

it could be fun, no? :rofl: not to harm people... well most people, just to scare the crap out of the idiots of the world... :thumb:

besides, who hasn't dreamt of rolling up to a range and running a MK-19 off the speaker bar for a bit? :rofl:

-bob

Thats F'in American

mnhogrider 03-01-2012 08:08 PM

I added Mopar door sill protectors and grab handle/coat hook kit. Those should have been included from the factory IMHO.

I added the Mopar fuel filler door as well.

I'm thinking about front mud flaps to keep the winter road crud off the doors. Right now I'm two-tone color: Dozer/Salt White.

Psychoink 03-01-2012 08:15 PM

Grab handles??? Umm roll bar

Duffyc04 03-01-2012 08:18 PM

I've added 2 of the 4...The door sill guards in transit and the locking nuts the day I brought it home...