Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   went with smittybilt inserts (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/went-with-smittybilt-inserts-143600.html)

PA ARCTIC 03-02-2012 11:04 AM

went with smittybilt inserts
 
http://www.4wd.com/aux_incl/images.a...fB&w=300&h=300

decided to go with these. little different. just like the look. just ordered. on vacation next week. so once i get them installed, i'll post up.

Kmlande 03-02-2012 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did diy inserts yesterday. 20 bucks

Attachment 101465

PA ARCTIC 03-02-2012 11:12 AM

i racked my brain on the many choices and DIY grille mods this week, and these won.

PA ARCTIC 03-08-2012 05:09 AM

they arrived yesterday late 6pm. so this will be this mornings project. (if the rain holds out). hopefully install will go ok. i do have the instructions for grille removal. take my time and get it done. i did not even open the box yet. i will post a pic when done.....

Celtic 03-08-2012 05:48 AM

Looks like you are OK on the rain unless you are west of Uniontown / Pgh / Erie. Might be a bit breezy though.

I have not done mine yet, but I am really liking yours. Looking forward to the pix.

Good Luck!

Phobos 03-08-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA ARCTIC
they arrived yesterday late 6pm. so this will be this mornings project. (if the rain holds out). hopefully install will go ok. i do have the instructions for grille removal. take my time and get it done. i did not even open the box yet. i will post a pic when done.....

Grill is super easy to take off.. If you don't have a winch in the way it takes like 5 minutes.. 6 plastic bolts on the top and pull forward..

Casotakar1229 03-08-2012 07:13 AM

Sweet. I think I am going to do DIY. Worst case scenario I lose 20 bucks lol. They look cool though! Anxious for pics.

PA ARCTIC 03-08-2012 09:57 AM

installed.....

Attachment 103168


i like them! something different than black. grille was a snap to take off. no issues. install of the inserts was straight foward. no big issues.

Celtic 03-08-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA ARCTIC (Post 2117062)
installed.....

Attachment 103168


i like them! something different than black. grille was a snap to take off. no issues. install of the inserts was straight foward. no big issues.



Very, very nice! :drool: I like the look of the chrome inserts with the sparkly brightness of the headlamps against the silver paint.

You did a nice job. :appl: How about a link to where you got them when you can tear yourself away from sitting there admiring your handy work. :Thanx:

PA ARCTIC 03-08-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic (Post 2117293)
Very, very nice! :drool: I like the look of the chrome inserts with the sparkly brightness of the headlamps against the silver paint.

You did a nice job. :appl: How about a link to where you got them when you can tear yourself away from sitting there admiring your handy work. :Thanx:

thanks celtic! wanted something different than black. here you go.....

Smittybilt Part 878132 - Grille Inserts by Smittybilt for Jeep

Piper54 03-08-2012 11:53 AM

:wavey:Looks great PA! :thumb:

Curtisguy 03-08-2012 06:59 PM

Just ordered some for my JKUR! Can't wait 'til they get here!

12JKRubicon07FJCruiser 03-08-2012 07:25 PM

Looks great ... adding them to the list when my JKR in WC arrives in a few weeks.:)

PA ARCTIC 03-09-2012 07:02 AM

^^
great! make sure you post pics of your installs.

12JKRubicon07FJCruiser 03-09-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA ARCTIC (Post 2120435)
^^
great! make sure you post pics of your installs.

Absolutely :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.