Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Advice and thoughts on Jeep Parts at Delivery (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/advice-and-thoughts-on-jeep-parts-at-delivery-143770.html)

Macsrul 03-03-2012 05:30 AM

Advice and thoughts on Jeep Parts at Delivery

I am trying to make my final decision on my jeep and I was thinking of buying the wrangler unlimited sport and adding on the following items and since I am short on time I asked them for pricing with install.

Side Steps
Heated Seats
Remote Starter
trailer hitch set up with wiring kit (mostly for bikes)

They are giving me the listed price in the Mopar catalog and $65 an hour for install with an estimated time of 5 hours. Thoughts on pricing and what I should push for? The dropped labor from $85 to $65 an hour.

Bob

ChasmCrawler 03-03-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macsrul (Post 2097394)
I am trying to make my final decision on my jeep and I was thinking of buying the wrangler unlimited sport and adding on the following items and since I am short on time I asked them for pricing with install.

Side Steps
Heated Seats
Remote Starter
trailer hitch set up with wiring kit (mostly for bikes)

They are giving me the listed price in the Mopar catalog and $65 an hour for install with an estimated time of 5 hours. Thoughts on pricing and what I should push for? The dropped labor from $85 to $65 an hour.

Bob

They should be able do 10% over cost on parts as well. I used to do it for my Salespeople when I worked for the Dealer.

pdubois64 03-03-2012 06:49 AM

I can tell you that the hitch takes about 15 minutes to install, it's 4 bolts and you plug the wiring into the tail light harness. My dealer wanted $100 to install. The side steps wouldn't be very hard either. The other 2 things you are probably at their mercy, but that labor rate is decent.

ETA: Any time I've bought parts for a new vehicle my salesman has put them in his name and got them at cost for me.

Ifinallygota21v 03-03-2012 07:01 AM

I'm getting a hitch installed by the dealer (they threw it in for the purchase) and are saying its going to take 4 hours to install! I can't figure out why, at least they are giving a loaner

dabolt55 03-03-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ifinallygota21v (Post 2097481)
I'm getting a hitch installed by the dealer (they threw it in for the purchase) and are saying its going to take 4 hours to install! I can't figure out why, at least they are giving a loaner

Are you paying by the hour??? If so, there goes the loaner for free..:confused:

Ifinallygota21v 03-03-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabolt55
Are you paying by the hour??? If so, there goes the loaner for free..:confused:

I'm not paying for anything. It didn't come with it and it was added to get he deal done

daggo66 03-03-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ifinallygota21v (Post 2097481)

They may need to have it for 4 hours, but when they finally get to it, they will do it in 15 minutes. They will charge whatever hourly rate is listed in the book regardless of how long it actually takes.