Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   problems with soft top zippers (

logo 03-03-2012 03:40 PM

problems with soft top zippers
so I am new to this site and new to jeeps as well. i got my first one over the winter and im loving it so far however the first day it was warm i go to take the top off and came across some problems with the back glass. the teeth were all threaded wrong so it was a fight by itself to get it off and now i cant get it back on to save my life.

iv my dad took one zipper off completely off and now its just a cluster ****.
any advice?

rda616 03-03-2012 04:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The metal they used in making the zipper is crap. Very gently squeeze the sides in a bit and it may buy you some time but you will need a new zipper or a replacement window.

TJNewbie 03-03-2012 04:43 PM

Welcome to the forum!! squeeze the zipper head closing the gaps alittle then feed the head back on the zipper teeth, some vaseline on a q-tip might help on the teeth and carefully pull it around. it's really just a temp fix though. I went through the same processs, mine finally gave out, and I bought a new soft top.

BigDog21 03-03-2012 06:47 PM

Chapstik or similar lip balm products work as well, but it is a temporary fix as stated.