Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   how do u get cat pee smell out of nice seats??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/how-do-u-get-cat-pee-smell-out-of-nice-seats-144226.html)

JEREMYTJ 03-05-2012 03:47 AM

how do u get cat pee smell out of nice seats???

Just got a 99tj and i am trying to get the smell of cat pee out of the seats ive tryed frebreeze and even sanded and rinolind inside but i can steal smell it.. and suggestions

s3nt3nc3d 03-05-2012 03:53 AM

Pick up a product called Odor Mute...it's a powder you mix with water and costs about $5. It will break down cat urine and eliminate the smell. Some people have luck with Nature's Miracle and similar products, but working at a pet store, I saw numerous people bring it back for a refund cuz it didn't work worth a damn. We then recommended the Odor Mute and never had them come back complaining.

LiftedTj 03-05-2012 04:48 AM

x2 on Odor Mute. If that doesnt work shoot cat, burn seat, repeat.

Atthehop 03-05-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3nt3nc3d (Post 2104367)
Pick up a product called Odor Mute...it's a powder you mix with water and costs about $5. It will break down cat urine and eliminate the smell. Some people have luck with Nature's Miracle and similar products, but working at a pet store, I saw numerous people bring it back for a refund cuz it didn't work worth a damn. We then recommended the Odor Mute and never had them come back complaining.

I need to use this stuff under my pool table. Thanks for the info.

Frenz 03-05-2012 05:23 AM

Professional enzymes from any janitorial supply, odor mute is pretty close.

TnDz TJ 03-05-2012 06:19 AM

I have used NATURE'S MIRACLE on carpets and furniture and it works really good. It has enzymes that neutralize the cat/dog urine. I have never tried ODOR MUTE.... sound like a good product....

s3nt3nc3d 03-05-2012 07:24 AM

To whoever renamed the thread...you misspelled "pee"... ;)

Sorry, pet peeve. lol

Crazyflyingplastics 03-05-2012 07:50 AM

you can also try sprinkling baking soda on it and let it sit for a while. then vacuum up.

SpoiledRotten 03-05-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiftedTj (Post 2104454)
x2 on Odor Mute. If that doesnt work shoot cat, burn seat, repeat.

This is my thought as well. Get rid of all feral cats in the neighborhood by whatever means you can get by with. They are good for nothing except destroying peoples' property. People let their stinking cats run the neighborhoods, not caring what they do to others' belongings. If they care about the pets, they need to keep them restrained. Otherwise, they are fair game.

s3nt3nc3d 03-05-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten (Post 2104742)
This is my thought as well. Get rid of all feral cats in the neighborhood by whatever means you can get by with. They are good for nothing except destroying peoples' property. People let their stinking cats run the neighborhoods, not caring what they do to others' belongings. If they care about the pets, they need to keep them restrained. Otherwise, they are fair game.

Amen.

orange05tj 03-05-2012 08:49 AM

I had my rollbar padding and cover in a bag in my garage and a rat moved in the bag. I've bleached, soaked, febreezed, Lysoled and soaked again and it still smells like a dead animal. Its almost unbearable

techflork 03-05-2012 09:18 AM

subscribing, with our top off and sometimes the doors i have already caught the neighbors cat clawing the seats! I ran over and threw it out. Can't kill it, if it came to it lol, cause i think i would break their 5 little girls' hearts :/ I've researched ways to keep them out of my yard all together, haven't tried anything yet though. They have sound systems and water sprinklers lol

Geno 03-05-2012 09:22 AM

Leave a bowl of prestone inside the jeep for the little fellar to drink during his visit.

s3nt3nc3d 03-05-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 2104894)
Leave a bowl of prestone inside the jeep for the little fellar to drink during his visit.

Lmao...that doesn't work anymore. I've been told they now add bittering agents to anti-freeze to stop people from doing that (both intentionally and unintentionally).

Geno 03-05-2012 10:10 AM

Too bad. Maybe a tuna/snail bait treat?

ou812 03-05-2012 10:21 AM

I get the same thing all year long.
My top stays off and a cat sleeps in the Jeep.Every once in a while a cat urinates.

I frebreeze the seat alot,let it air dry a day or two and the odor is gone.

a coupletimes the odors didnt go away so I scrubbed the seat with dish deturgent and let it dry

TheTJRod 03-05-2012 10:30 AM

Get a trail cover that also covers the door openings. Put it on every night you have the top and/or doors off.

Damn cats are all over my neighborhood too. I don't hate cats, hell I have a cat, well my wife has one. I'm just more of a dog person. They actually listen to what you say. Gonna pick up one of the covers when it gets to be that time. It's snowing right now.

Kevbz 03-05-2012 10:39 AM

I was originally respond with get a skunk...but thats not right!

I am not sure how hard the seats are to get the covers off the foam (if even possible) but my wife had to have a cat and this thing one day after a year or so started marking everything...cat went bye bye but smell stayed. It wasnt until I got to the underside of the cushions of the couch that you could get to the source. Unfortunately it usually soaks through the cover. Grosses thing I have ever smelt was re-constituted cat urine

06GoldenEagle 03-05-2012 01:45 PM

i had to wonder how the cats managed to get in the jeep to pee on the seats. guess its a good reason to leave the top up at night in addition to thieves

TJDave 03-05-2012 02:02 PM

I had that problem once years ago in our previous house without an enclosed garage. I used some fabreeze and some pet urine neutralizer I bought at the pet store. After that, I used my trail cover. I used some tarp clips and bungee cords to make the cover more secure around the sides of the tub.

I caught one of the neighbor's stupid cats red handed hopping out of my Jeep, and saw the spot on the seat.

I'm not sure what happened to that cat. But, I think he enjoyed the Jeep ride.:)

TheTJRod 03-05-2012 02:08 PM

If this starts happening to my jeep in the spring. I'm going to have to round up all the cats in the neighborhood and take them to the local animal shelter... 50 miles away.

O_M_Jeep 03-05-2012 02:19 PM

The best way to keep cats off of any surface is to use either bubble wrap or aluminium foil, they wont walk on either of those.

mweidson 03-05-2012 02:20 PM

I Think Gas and a matche wil do..

SpoiledRotten 03-05-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techflork (Post 2104885)
subscribing, with our top off and sometimes the doors i have already caught the neighbors cat clawing the seats! I ran over and threw it out. Can't kill it, if it came to it lol, cause i think i would break their 5 little girls' hearts :/ I've researched ways to keep them out of my yard all together, haven't tried anything yet though. They have sound systems and water sprinklers lol

You could go to a paint or home improvement store and buy a couple of paint strainers, put moth balls in them and leave them lying around the inside and outside of the Jeep when you have it parked. Most animals won't go near it then. The smell of that is a little more than most animals want to endure. Good luck with that little problem.

Leeroy Jeepkins 03-05-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mweidson (Post 2105888)
I Think Gas and a matche wil do..

for the seat or the cat?

Leeroy Jeepkins 03-05-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTJRod (Post 2105846)
If this starts happening to my jeep in the spring. I'm going to have to round up all the cats in the neighborhood and take them to the local animal shelter... 50 miles away.

just tie them in a pillow case and toss them in the river. i hear cats hate water

Jason1348 03-05-2012 07:27 PM

First step for me whould shot the dam cat

calkid 03-05-2012 07:57 PM

Step #1 is to get some Hoppe's #9, thoroughly clean and lubricate your gun.
Step #2...shoot the cat.
Not sure what step #3 should be.

zdragon 03-05-2012 08:05 PM

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1...tsurrender.jpg
By zdagon52 at 2012-03-05

calkid 03-05-2012 08:10 PM

Now that's funny!