Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2011 Jeep Wrangler Viper 4204 / 5301 Remote Start installation Xpresskit DBall Bypass (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2011-jeep-wrangler-viper-4204-5301-remote-start-installation-xpresskit-dball-bypass-144557.html)

movi3king 03-06-2012 12:25 PM

2011 Jeep Wrangler Viper 4204 / 5301 Remote Start installation Xpresskit DBall Bypass

Hey guys just finished my install on my 2011 Jeep Wrangler.
Products used:
Viper 4204 Remote Starter
Xpresskit DBall Bypass.
Xpresskit CHTHD2 Wire Harness

I thought this install was fairly simple and straight forward and yes this was my first install. If you have any questions i can try to answer you but im not a pro so i dont know everything ;)

Heres a little vid i made for you guys.
Check it out :)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Viper 4204 / 5301 Remote Start installation Xpresskit DBall Bypass - YouTube

movi3king 03-06-2012 09:23 PM

Just finished my install a few hours ago.
Was a lengthy ordeal but enjoyable and the feeling of accomplishment is great!!

Hope my vid helps others who needed the push of how easy a remote starter install can be.

Casotakar1229 03-06-2012 09:28 PM

Sweet!!! I was hoping you'd post this. I want to do this in the next coming weeks. Thanks!!! Do you just start it for fun now haha?

movi3king 03-06-2012 09:33 PM

Haha i hope the vid answers any qs or doubts you had.
:)
YESSSS i start it abt every 5 min cuz its just that awesome!!! haha.
I cant wait for tom morning to start up this badboy from bed before running out ;)

Casotakar1229 03-06-2012 11:48 PM

Lol, bet you won't forget to use that remote start. Did you have manual locking doors before this?

movi3king 03-27-2012 03:43 PM

Yes i did have manual locks and i still do. The lock and unlock feature is simply just arm and disarm if i were to have it hooked up to an alarm etc. (when it is locked when i remote start the horn will chirp... The lock feature will also turn off the dome light if it still lit after i exit the jeep.)

overall i am very happy with my install. I use the remote start daily and theres no better feeling then coming out to a warm car in the early cold morning.

Casotakar1229 03-27-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movi3king (Post 2188426)
Yes i did have manual locks and i still do. The lock and unlock feature is simply just arm and disarm if i were to have it hooked up to an alarm etc. (when it is locked when i remote start the horn will chirp... The lock feature will also turn off the dome light if it still lit after i exit the jeep.)

overall i am very happy with my install. I use the remote start daily and theres no better feeling then coming out to a warm car in the early cold morning.

ah, I see now. :) thanks for the response. glad to hear you're still enjoying the system. it'll be nice in the summer when you enter a cold *JEEP* ;)

ps. hopefully 4fit doesn't see "that word" being used...haha.