Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   Need HELP in Ohio (

R.P.M. 01-01-2008 06:19 PM

Need HELP in Ohio
Well Christmas break from college was going great till I was rearended today on my way back. I avoided the 14 car pileup BUT was hit from behind. Im still driving back BUT bumperettes bent, homemade trailer hinch bolted to rear crossmember bent down ( hitch was on it when I bought it) even the tail pipe is bent. Looks like rear crossmenber damage. Since only rear was hit I didnt check front, BUT when I stopped for gas, the FRONT leaf springs are bent ^. Im in southeast Ohio south east of Lancaster just north of Athens
Nelsonville is a small college town SO I need suggestions for a good 4WD shop. Only major mods to 93 YJ are 2" shackle lift (=1") M/T ATZ 31s
Ranchero stock shocks no read antisway. Since Im 7 hours away from home I wont beable to do work myself. Since I may need to replace front leaf sets I would like to upgrade BUT do not have the cash since I wasnt planning on being hit on the Xway. ANY help with finding o shop near me would be greatly appreciated...

Justin 01-01-2008 07:06 PM

well did u get the insurance info? y would you have to pay for it?

R.P.M. 01-02-2008 09:21 AM

Need HELP in Ohio
Because if I upgrade to a lift Ins wont pay for all the mods involved

Justin 01-02-2008 10:59 AM

well i dont know about ohio, but here in MA they have you go to a company or a person who is an assessor who will assess the damage done. they in return will tell the insurance company how much damage was done, and the insurance company cuts you a can do whatever you want with the check. if you want to fix the jeep, fix it, or upgrade. insurance companies dont care what you do with the money....if you dont do a thing the the jeep to fix it and just keep the money, the insurance company will de-value your jeep and say its worth how ever much the damage was less.

im sure its the same way everywhere....just get it assessed and upgrade with a lift or what not...

sgnellett 01-02-2008 11:06 AM

You got it right for Ohio, but he's fm Michigan, which is a no-fault state, so it might be different there. But, the previous post was dead on, assuming you can get the check in time, otherwise, make the insurance company get you a rental and get yours into a shop!

whitebuffalo 01-02-2008 11:42 AM

look on craigslist. theres usually someone with stock springs around every once in a while.

look for fronts or rears, either will work for you

R.P.M. 01-03-2008 05:22 PM

Need HELP in Ohio
Thanks for the replys I have an estimate from a local bodyshop here in Nelsonville. Was hoping to find a 4WD specialty shop in the area...
Since I dont have collision coverage and Michigan is no-fault. I will have them replace rear leafsprings, align the frame, replace rear crossmember and bumper. All low damage, didnt break tail light or any glass. Didnt even hit the spare tire Im a college student and dont have tools with me to get it into the dorm room to fix it myself

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.