Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Bent and a little broken (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/bent-and-a-little-broken-144586.html)

jeep junk 03-06-2012 03:09 PM

Bent and a little broken

5 Attachment(s)
Another new guy, hey there! I just got my jeep from my son after he was rear ended by a F-250 super duty 4X4 . I want to get it driveable and use it around town. The project in question is a 2000 TJ sahara 4.0 automatic
154,000 miles They were in a 45 mph speed zone Ryan was stopped and pulling into a gas station .The guy must have been looking else where because the skid marks were very short. It knocked the jeep about 40 to 50' into curb and a tree. bent one steel wheel bent the tie rod crushed the rear quarter bent the steel bumper dropped the gas tank a little one side the back window disintegrated and cracked the hard top. My goal right now is to replace tie rod with the napa ZJ upgrade. get a new wheel do a alignment and start using it doing small repairs as I go. Complete repair not in my budget all comments and ideas welcome. So thats the reason I call it Jeep junk. P.S. we drove home truck had to be towed ! The long skid mark was after the impact notice how short the pre-impact marks are.

Gate53 03-06-2012 03:17 PM

Ya gotta love the pure punishment a Jeep can take. Hope your son is 100% looks like the Jeep is around 65%. An the KO on the truck is cool. Looking at the plate is that a cop or firefighter?

jeep junk 03-06-2012 03:28 PM

He worked for a medical equipment company, and never asked how my son was . all he could do was to try and blame my son, first he said he had no brake lights then he tried to say my son was on cell phone. I showed the cop the lights worked and he was not on phone. the reason my son stopped there were kids on sidewalk. he was a real ass and after I saw his attuide I made sure he knew this was not over. The boy well he bounces pretty good, he's getting better.

Beastmaster 03-06-2012 03:32 PM

Glad to hear he's ok.

Welcome to the forum!

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

SilverSport 03-06-2012 08:48 PM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey: Glad to hear your son is ok! :thumb:

blkrubi88 03-07-2012 04:11 AM

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your Son and the Jeep, glad to hear he's OK.

JDsDream 03-09-2012 09:31 PM

Welcome to the Forum

Destin to Dream 03-09-2012 09:44 PM

Glad he is ok, welcome to the forum !

jeep junk 09-16-2012 12:34 PM

Update

Back on the road with my Jeep rescue, long way to go. replaced tie rod with ZJ upgrade. replaced the control arm brackets with Rustys heavy duty replacements,new steel wheel,new battery,new radiator,new tires and got the recliner seat to stay up(still broken) and a oil change and lube. I can drive it now.
:dance:

Dew 09-16-2012 12:50 PM

Awesome! now you need to change your handle.

did you make the jerk in the pickup pay for it all?

jeep junk 09-20-2012 03:14 PM

jeep junk

2 Attachment(s)
He paid big time ! Still bent though, there's a lot of work (fun) ahead.

Dew 09-20-2012 10:38 PM

nice battle scars :thumb: