Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Place your vote! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/place-your-vote-144630.html)

Drock1979 03-06-2012 06:09 PM

Place your vote!

Ok, ive run BFG AT and was happy enough to buy em twice. 70000 mies is hard to beat. But now I have a Rubicon and am having a hard time with putting an AT on a ride that comes with a MT stock (silly I suppose) That said I am looking at Hankook Dynapro MT or BFG KM2 in the mud tire category and BFG AT or Goodyear Duratrac in the AT category. Price is an issue so the BFG KM2 is already running last out of the lot as they are the most money so unless I can be convinced they are worth it they may be a hard sell.
So IF you could be so kind please place your vote and provide reason why you chose the tire out of the four choices. Of course I wheel but not as much as I want probably 80% on road and its my DD the size im looking for is a 33/1250. Keep in mind I am a fan of the BFG AT but its the only one out of the bunch Ive tried. Thanks guys:popcorn:

Drock1979 03-06-2012 06:12 PM

Avoid the "depends on what you use em for" response as I just want what you choose out of this group and why because all four will suit some of my needs better than others and each is a compromise in one area or another. Thanks

TOKKIE 03-06-2012 06:26 PM

My vote is for the km2's. There are quiet on road, aggresive off road, and seem to be wearing really well on my TJ. I've got just a hair over 20k on them and figure I will get close to 45k before needing replaced. I decided on the km2's for the same reason as you, I had run the at's on other vehicles and run gforces on my camaro, bfg's have never let me down. Oh ya the km2's do great in mud.

Drock1979 03-06-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOKKIE (Post 2111103)
My vote is for the km2's. There are quiet on road, aggresive off road, and seem to be wearing really well on my TJ. I've got just a hair over 20k on them and figure I will get close to 45k before needing replaced. I decided on the km2's for the same reason as you, I had run the at's on other vehicles and run gforces on my camaro, bfg's have never let me down. Oh ya the km2's do great in mud.

is 45k-50k "good" for a mud tire? since you have had the BFG AT what would you say this tire does better (i assume mud) and worse (tread life sounds like) and thanks for the vote man! appreciated!

Irongrave 03-06-2012 09:35 PM

I'm pushing 60 with my KM2s on a Dodge ram that drags my YJ and trailer rotate them and keep an eye on the pressure and they will last. I personally like the KM2s a lot for wheeling in the NY/PA area they seem to hook up very very well. The dynapro ATs are a damn tough tire got a few friends running them on tow rigs none on jeeps every one loves the traction on the road.

To add another tire to the mix I would personally run the Kelly TSR over the durratrac. 1 its cheeper for the same tire, goodyear makes Kelly, the tread pattern is a little more aggressive

TOKKIE 03-07-2012 09:36 AM

To me 45-50k miles on a mt is great wear, I never let a tire get to the wear bars so I could get better than that. You are correct on the wear, the at will last longer, but the mt has better traction for what I do.

Drock1979 03-07-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOKKIE
To me 45-50k miles on a mt is great wear, I never let a tire get to the wear bars so I could get better than that. You are correct on the wear, the at will last longer, but the mt has better traction for what I do.

Ok thanks for the ibsight