Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Glue to hold hockey pucs(b/stops)

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  1jeeplvr 
#1 ·
Whats the best kind to hold hockey pucs in place?

#3 ·
Are you talking to the jounce cup or axle pad? I drilled and tapped my axle pad to 3/8 x16 for mounting a bump stop extension on the axle.

#5 · (Edited)
I tried temporarily epoxying a pair of hockey pucks into the rear of my previous TJ several times and ended up abandoning the epoxy idea. The pucks eventually fell out with several different types of epoxy that just doesn't seem to want to adhere well to the hard rubber puck itself.

I ended up drilling through the top of the puck and bolting it in.

#6 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
I tried temporarily epoxying a pair of hockey pucks into the rear of my previous TJ several times and ended up abandoning the epoxy idea. The pucks eventually fell out with several different types of epoxy that just doesn't seem to want to adhere well to the hard rubber puck itself.

I ended up drilling through the top of the puck and bolting it in.
Sika makes a 2 part product that we've used to stick a mailbox to a wall. It won't fall off ever. It is kinda a permanent thing which is why I did not use it.

#8 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
Have you tried that product to see if it will hold a rubber hockey puck to a steel axle? The 2-part products (epoxies) I tried wouldn't.
Nope but I'll give it a try on something similar as hockey pucks cannot be had easily where I am from. I have to add that my bumpstops are hard plastic and not rubber. I'll give some feedback as soon as I get a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.