Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Question About Leases (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/question-about-leases-144767.html)

jeepguy8888 03-07-2012 11:30 AM

Question About Leases

The MSRP is 41,795 and dealer invoice (cost price) is 38,500.

If I go in and type lease before tax 38,500 at lease rate 1.9% I get 448/month.
If I go in and type lease before tax 41,795 at lease rate 1.9% I get 519/month.

Assuming there is no other incentives at the time, technically should my brother be able to get a price within 71$ as this is the dealer margin.

Is this a reasonable starting point?

My brother will call the dealer and ask them if there is any factory to customer incentives this month. IE Cash incentive. This would reduce the 38,500 even further but would not affect dealer Margin.

Open_Speed 03-07-2012 11:37 AM

You should be able to negotiate the price below invoice, the fact that it is a lease shouldn't affect the negotiation either. Use tread lightly, 1% off invoice. Then if you are near Florida or Chicago, you can go through Pat at Fields Jeep and get 2% off invoice with the tread lightly. This is quick and simple if you don't feel like the hassle of haggling. I have bought 2 2012s in different months and got both at 4% below invoice. So there is lots of wiggle room under invoice.

jeepguy8888 03-07-2012 12:05 PM

We're in canada so there is No TL program.

I bought a jeep and I was part of a FFP so I got it at 2% below invoice. Still waiting for it to Arrive(March 19th!!!)

My younger brother wants to lease an AUDI. I was wondering in general how it works for leases. I never leased before, I always financed.

Any tips would be helpfull. Without a TL program or FFP I dont think dealer would sell for anywhere below cost or even close to cost. Is cost + 1000$ reasonable offer.

southpaw75 03-07-2012 01:54 PM

I would stay away from leasing to be honest.

pkmcd99 03-07-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southpaw75
i would stay away from leasing to be honest.

x2

JeeperJake 03-07-2012 02:07 PM

x3

pat@fieldsauto.com 03-07-2012 02:07 PM

Where are you getting a 1.9% lease rate? In the midwest standard rate is 4.79% thru ALLY.

SilverBolt 03-07-2012 02:23 PM

Be sure you consider all aspects of a lease. The "cheap" monthly payment may look good but it can bite you in the end. A lease limits the amount of miles you can run without paying a penalty. If you mod it you will have to return it to 100% stock condition before lease end. Offroading can be considered excess wear and tear which costs money at lease end. I would never lease a vehicle for more than 36 months. The residual value is just as important as the lease money factor. Go in with your eyes open.

jeepguy8888 03-07-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com (Post 2113930)
Where are you getting a 1.9% lease rate? In the midwest standard rate is 4.79% thru ALLY.

Off the audi.ca website

Give in. Now.Starting from $368 a month at 1.9%*
Why curb your obsession, when you can get into a 2012 Audi A4. Enjoy the unmatched traction of quattro® permanent all-wheel drive, a powerfully efficient 2.0 TFSI® engine and Bluetooth® connectivity. Now, with your first month’s payment free and $0 security deposit, it’s easier than ever to give in. Let the 2012 Audi A4 own you, today.
A4 2.0TFSI quattro®:
Lease @1.9%* for 48 months + One free payment† with waived security deposit†† Finance @1.9%* for 72 months and receive one free payment†

A4 Sedan:
Lease @1.9% for 48 months and finance @1.9% for 72 months* and receive one free payment† and waived security deposit††

A4 Avant:
Lease @2.9% and Finance @1.9%*, receive one free payment† and waived security deposit††

S4 Sedan – Best offer ever!
Lease and finance @2.9%* and receive one free payment† and waived security deposit††

© 2012 Audi Canada.

*Limited time lease and finance offers available through Audi Finance on approved credit, on select new and unregistered 2012 Audi A4 and S4 models. Lease a A4 2.0 TFSI quattro / A4 Sedan / A4 Avant / S4 Sedan for 1.9%/1.9%/2.9%/2.9% for up to 48 months/48 months/36 months/36 months. Lease example: 2012 A4 2.0TFSI quattro with 6-speed manual transmission with base MSRP of $41,695 (including $1,995 freight and PDI), at 1.9% APR for 48 month term with $368 monthly payment. $6,800 down payment or equivalent trade-in, first monthly payment in excess above offer maximum if applicable, due at lease inception. PPSA, license, insurance, registration, any dealer or other charges, options, and other applicable taxes are extra. †$0 first monthly payment up to a maximum of $2,000 (Taxes included – no cash value). ††No security deposit required. See dealer for details. Total lease obligation: $24,084. Kilometre allowance of 16,000/year; charge of $0.25/km for excess kilometres. Finance a A4 2.0 TFSI quattro / A4 Sedan / A4 Avant / S4 Sedan for 1.9%/1.9%/1.9%/2.9% for up to 72 months/72 months/60 months/60 months. Finance example: 2012 A4 2.0TFSI quattro with 6-speed manual transmission with base MSRP of $41,695 (including $1,995 Freight and PDI) at 1.9% APR for 72 months, with monthly payments of $593 per month. A down payment of $6,800 or equivalent trade-in is due at signing. PPSA, license, insurance, registration, any dealer or other charges, options and applicable taxes are extra. Cost of borrowing is $2,374 for a total obligation of $48,896. Dealer may sell/lease for less. European models shown with optional equipment that may not be available at the time of purchase. Offers end March 31 , 2012 and are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Dealer order/trade may be necessary.

Open_Speed 03-07-2012 04:16 PM

So this question is for an Audi not a Jeep Wrangler?

jeepguy8888 03-07-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBolt (Post 2113972)
Be sure you consider all aspects of a lease. The "cheap" monthly payment may look good but it can bite you in the end. A lease limits the amount of miles you can run without paying a penalty. If you mod it you will have to return it to 100% stock condition before lease end. Offroading can be considered excess wear and tear which costs money at lease end. I would never lease a vehicle for more than 36 months. The residual value is just as important as the lease money factor. Go in with your eyes open.

Thanks for the advise. I personally would prefer he finance over 7 years to keep his payments in line to lease payments. However in the end it is his choice. I am gonna help him when it comes to shopping around and knowing how lease works.

From the above calucations the spread between MRSP and Dealer Invoice equates to 71$ Before tax. Is that really a possible negoication factor?

jeepguy8888 03-07-2012 04:19 PM

No Leases are not offered in chrysler products Canada. We can only finance. Also there is a new thing called customer choice financing. Where you return the car at certain points, but the car is always registered in the name of the buyer, not the leasing company. Not sure how it works to be honest. I never looked at that option with My Jeep

SilverBolt 03-07-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepguy8888 (Post 2114241)
Thanks for the advise. I personally would prefer he finance over 7 years to keep his payments in line to lease payments. However in the end it is his choice. I am gonna help him when it comes to shopping around and knowing how lease works.

From the above calucations the spread between MRSP and Dealer Invoice equates to 71$ Before tax. Is that really a possible negoication factor?

If you can't afford to pay a vehicle off in 3 years or less you should be shopping for a less expensive vehicle. A 7 year loan on a vehicle is a very bad financial decision. You will be upsidedown for many years.

strider_mt2k 03-07-2012 06:10 PM

I couldn't imagine giving my Jeep back.
That kills it right there.

My Jeep gets paid off right about the same time as my house.
'twill be a good year that year I do say.

damndirtydog 03-07-2012 06:18 PM

Never again for a lease. Unless you want a new car every 2 years and don't care about having nothing to show for your money go ahead and lease. If it's a vehicle you plan to keep, buy it.
For a long term lease, you're throwing good money after bad and then at the end of the lease you have to refinance again at a higher used car percentage rate if you want to keep the vehicle. And you'll be suprised to see that you're still going to have to refi a pretty hefty balance.
Suck it up and just buy it.