Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   UPS blows, I will NEVER use them again for ANYTHING (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/ups-blows-i-will-never-use-them-again-for-anything-144855.html)

Rooster454 03-07-2012 05:21 PM

UPS blows, I will NEVER use them again for ANYTHING

So I ordered my Smittybilt bumper from Quadratec on 2/23. My bumper seeing as how Quadratec doesn't have them in their warehouse, shipped from Smittybilt in Reno, Nevada. It shipped 2/24 the very next day so I felt good about the shipment and being ground they said it would arrive to me in VA 3/2.

I kept from checking the tracking number everyday to keep myself from getting too excited. So on 3/1 I check it to make sure it's still on track and get a message that it was misrouted and now there is no delivery date. I call UPS and they say it made it half way across the country to Illinois to be put back on the train to Reno that it left on. Good work UPS.

I call Quadratec to see of they can help and those guys are good and called their UPS rep and he assured them it was on the way to me and the misroute had been corrected before it left back to Reno and that I would have it on 3/5.

So then midday on 3/2 my bumper was scanned again in Illinois and sat there all weekend and wasn't scanned again until 3/5 which was the second "supposed" delivery date to me. Finally it leaves Illinois on 3/5 and was delivered to me today for me to find that one of the corners of the bumper had been pushed through the box and was ground down through the powdercoat to the bare metal and other huge holes in the box and other areas hanging out and all scratched like the train it was on had towed it behind them on the damn tracks.

Sorry for the long rant, I just had to vent my frustrations. If you take anything from this let it be that the guys at Quadratec are AWESOME. I called them this afternoon and let them know I refused delivery because it was damaged and they felt bad that I had waited 2 weeks for this bumper and are having another one sent to me and are paying for my shipping and are making sure I have it monday as I will be out of town all next week and can't take delivery. Thanks again guys if yall read this

kbwwolf 03-07-2012 05:38 PM

It happens. The bent the top on a Tuffy security deck enclosure for the rear of my JKU so badly that I could've used it for a water cistern. I mean, this thing either got run over (no tracks on box, though), or dropped from a very high height.

Called 4wd (vendor), and they sent me a new one within two days.

However, UPS was supposed to pick up the damaged one within 10 days to avoid being charged for it by 4wd. Every day I set it outside, and every night I brought it back inside, for 10 days straight. UPS even delivered other stuff to my house during that time, often leaning the new item against the trashed Tuffy box.

So, I now have a complete extra set of Tuffy security deck enclosure parts in my storage room (minus the top, which I took to the dump), paid for by UPS.

Makes no sense. :)

Rooster454 03-07-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2114773)
It happens. The bent the top on a Tuffy security deck enclosure for the rear of my JKU so badly that I could've used it for a water cistern. I mean, this thing either got run over (no tracks on box, though), or dropped from a very high height.

Called 4wd (vendor), and they sent me a new one within two days.

However, UPS was supposed to pick up the damaged one within 10 days to avoid being charged for it by 4wd. Every day I set it outside, and every night I brought it back inside, for 10 days straight. UPS even delivered other stuff to my house during that time, often leaning the new item against the trashed Tuffy box.

So, I now have a complete extra set of Tuffy security deck enclosure parts in my storage room (minus the top, which I took to the dump), paid for by UPS.

Makes no sense. :)

That's funny because a similar thing happened to me about two years ago. I ordered a new motorcycle helmet from an online vendor and when I received it the box was ripped up and the helmet was all scratched. I called the vendor and told them so they sent me another one and said UPS had been notified to pick up the first one.

I set it out everyday for about 2 weeks until the new one came and they never picked it up. I called the vendor when I got the second one and they told me they had both been paid for and that my card was only charged for the first one so UPS paid for the second.

So now I have two of the exact same helmet. Oh well, at least my girl and I match when she randomly rides with me

JEEPDON 03-07-2012 06:33 PM

Most of the time; FEDEX can't even find my Zip Code!! And wind up delivering to some other town-- someplace!!

kenb1023 03-07-2012 06:35 PM

I have always had better luck with FedEx. UPS has been bailed out by the Feds so you figure the rest.
What Can Brown Screw For You

jp2611 03-07-2012 06:44 PM

The shipping issues ( UPS only) and the rates, and how they are charged by the big q, is why I no longer purchase from the big q.

I spent a lot of money (to me) but the shipping issues finally ended it. bought 2 tops jammer, duster, front rear bumper, tire carrier, mats, 16 speakers and 2 head units, GPS...that's all I can think of right now. For the TJ.

JK is getting its parts from BASELINE 4x4

Rommelx3 03-07-2012 06:48 PM

wow what a nightmare. That's just terrible customer service on UPS's part. -_____-

tomthbomb 03-07-2012 07:08 PM

I was a licensed firearms dealer for years. UPS never had a problem getting my deliveries to me on time and with no problems what so ever.

In the early 1990's they went on strike. After that it was never the same. I had lost shipments, deliveries to the business next door (that should never happen when delivering firearms) and damaged shipments. I avoid using them now if at all possible.

97wrangler-242 03-07-2012 07:10 PM

Yea, they tore a hole n the box for my oil pan skid and a bracket fell out. Called the seller and he shipped me a new one out of his pocket. always had better luck with fedex.....

tomthbomb 03-07-2012 07:17 PM

I buy and sell Randall Made Knives which are not inexpensive. With all of their warts and faults the USPS has never let me down on sending and receiving.

pUrelioB 03-07-2012 07:25 PM

I've never had a problem with UPS.. now FEDEX, that's another story!

Rb1boxer_3 03-07-2012 07:31 PM

Damn good thing i bought a JCR Dagger bumper. I don't have to worry about scratching the paint. But Don't worry FedEx sucks too I was on the line with them for an hr trying to find my package that they delivered to the wrong place. Took longer then expected. Talked to the managers and everything.

rivershark2005 03-07-2012 07:39 PM

I used to have my C&R FFL and got rifles delivered every once in a while. UPS delivered more than one to neighbors. One of my neighbors (two houses down and across the street) didn't look at the label and just openned the box. I guess he was expecting something that approximate size. Anyway, started freaking out when he found a rifle and called the cops. Buddy of mine responded. When they looked at the label (the cop's idea, not the neighbor's, the other neighbors looked at the label before trying to open), they realized the mistake and brought me my rifle. As a result of the police being called, the ordeal had to be reported to ATF and I got inspected. Everything was in order, only took about half an hour, and the agent was real nice. But I never ordered another rifle and have since let my C&R lapse.

IndyJeepMan 03-07-2012 07:39 PM

All companies mess up. Ive worked in Logistics for 6 years, delivering, shipping, recieving, LTL's, ground, air, next day, overnight you name it.

UPS, Fed Ex, USPS all do the same thing once its off the truck and going elsewhere they handle the boxes a little rough, and send them on their way. For them to handle each type of product differently would kill their shipment times, thus if a company wants their product to get to you, they should ship it better.

And coming from shittybuilt, the box was probably made in china just like the bumper, and im sure their shipping dept just sends them out that way.

:cheers:

12JKRubicon07FJCruiser 03-07-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilerUp (Post 2115193)
I've never had a problem with UPS.. now FEDEX, that's another story!

The FEDEX guys around here must have failed third grade math ... they can't read the numbers on my street sign. Everything I order that they deliver always ends up one or two houses away! :confused:

44Blues 03-07-2012 08:05 PM

These guys all throw packages around.....and manufacturers should know that. When my sliders arrived from Ace, they were really well packed...I think packaging plays a role as well.

whiteyjfm 03-07-2012 08:08 PM

Never say never, and I am sure you will use them again.:)

KarlG 03-07-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomthbomb (Post 2115164)
I buy and sell Randall Made Knives which are not inexpensive. With all of their warts and faults the USPS has never let me down on sending and receiving.

Right, nice knives :thumb:

Gate53 03-07-2012 09:28 PM

When I saw the thread I thought it was the guy that had his new flat screen TV thrown over the back fence that I saw on the News a few weeks ago.

Rooster454 03-07-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyjfm (Post 2115392)
Never say never, and I am sure you will use them again.:)

to be honest, if I have a choice of shipping on anything i order from now on, I will ALWAYS choose Fedex or USPS.

Don't get me wrong though, I have had problems with Fedex before, but they actually did something and tried to help and actually did resolve the situation somewhat. The UPS agents I talked to just said there was nothing they could do and it would arrive when it arrived.

My brother works for Fedex and says they can flag any package and have it pulled and re-routed or sped up at the next location it is scanned it at very easily. This act alone where UPS didn't do a damn thing to help make up their mistake is what pisses me off because I've already patiently waited 2 FULL WEEKS for them to send this bumper around the world and then i receive it and it's damaged so I now have to wait another week basically.

Rooster454 03-07-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate53 (Post 2115796)
When I saw the thread I thought it was the guy that had his new flat screen TV thrown over the back fence that I saw on the News a few weeks ago.

Yeah I remember reading about that. UPS style based on what I saw today. Especially since the delivery guy told me that the vast majority of UPS employees don't care at all about the packages and literally THROW them around everywhere

jsmithtx 03-07-2012 10:25 PM

Ordered my lift kit from Washington. Shipped UPS. Tracking was accurate. Shipped Thursday arrived in Texas Tuesday as scheduled. No problem.

2012-Rubicon 03-07-2012 10:32 PM

All shippers seem to be hit or miss. But fed ex did destroy my $6000 mountain bike then denied my claim said it was improperly packaged........no packaging would have stopped what appears to be a fork truck fork though the box......just sayin.

Rooster454 03-07-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithtx (Post 2116081)
Ordered my lift kit from Washington. Shipped UPS. Tracking was accurate. Shipped Thursday arrived in Texas Tuesday as scheduled. No problem.

Looks like you got all the luck on that one :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012-Rubicon (Post 2116100)
All shippers seem to be hit or miss. But fed ex did destroy my $6000 mountain bike then denied my claim said it was improperly packaged........no packaging would have stopped what appears to be a fork truck fork though the box......just sayin.

Damn! That's crazy. I guess we all have our run-ins with one company or another from time to time. Where I'm biased towards Fedex now, it seems you're leaning the opposite way. Whatever ended up happening with the bike? I hope you got it all figured out. That's waaay to much money to lose on a mistake that wasn't your own

desertgoose 03-07-2012 10:46 PM

We switched from ups to fedex at work. We were getting so many complaints about damaged packages and late deliveries.
However, I ordered 3 parts from 1 place Monday. Ironically each part is being/been shipped differently; ups, usps and fedex. Received ups today and installed, fedex supposedly delivered today but receiving must've left it on the dock, and usps expected Friday shipped yesterday.
Alec at EAD Offroad has been awesome. :thumb:

2012-Rubicon 03-07-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster454

Damn! That's crazy. I guess we all have our run-ins with one company or another from time to time. Where I'm biased towards Fedex now, it seems you're leaning the opposite way. Whatever ended up happening with the bike? I hope you got it all figured out. That's waaay to much money to lose on a mistake that wasn't your own

They ended up paying. But not without a battle. No issues since. They all suck. But its a necessary evil.

Frenz 03-07-2012 11:52 PM

Drop Shipping.. saves your seller from warehousing anything. so you call the middleman he does virtually nothing and good luck to you.

CilvestDrad 03-07-2012 11:58 PM

Most of the time; FEDEX can't even find my Zip Code
http://www.1000seotips.com/song3.jpghttp://www.1000seotips.com/song2.jpg
http://www.sunlian.net/1.jpg

BigEZ 03-08-2012 12:09 AM

FEDEX employees are non-union and are therefore held accountable for their actions.

UPS employees are Teamsters and therefore are not held accountable for their action, much less their lack thereof.

:hide:

all jokes aside, for UPS returns you are usually required to take it to a UPS location, especially if it's heavy. I even offered to put my damaged rocker armor (also smittybuilt, also busted thru the box and chipped the corner) on the truck for the UPS driver, she refused.

I've had to deal with this numerous times, it sucks but is what it is.

AMangum 03-08-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyJeepMan
All people mess up.

There, fixed that for you. We ship with FedEx and UPS and they both have their bad days. Come to think of it, Americans are awfully hard to please when it comes to customer service. We expect perfection every time and woe to the minimum wage employee that messes up our latte! One thing I have found in my ever increasing years is that if I cut people some slack and focus on what really matters in life (friends, loved ones, sunny days with the top off) I have found the little stuff doesn't chuff me so much any more. Though I expect it takes most folks many decades to come to that realization. I guess what I am getting at is everyone deserves more than one chance. Though I did have a root canal today and I am currently pretty doped up so it could just be the pain killers talking now. :)