Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   E-Auto Bumpers???? HELP (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/e-auto-bumpers-help-144859.html)

gmcnutt13 03-07-2012 05:40 PM

E-Auto Bumpers???? HELP

2 Attachment(s)
I have been looking at a million different bumpers online. I love the Poison Spider products but they are just out of my price range. But what i did find was these E-Auto Grill Bumpers on ebay. They are made from 3/16 Cold Rolled Steel and seem to look half way decent. Curious if anyone has gotten them and what they think. The price just seems to good to be true. I want to get the rear tire carrier and bumper and the front bumper just debating which one. THANKS

ninfivfo 03-07-2012 06:11 PM

I just ordered from them and received my front bumper today, looks ok few parts of the coating are coming off but no bog deal. I emailed them about it and they said they will take care of it as well as the bottom 2 mounting holes did not match up. There is another guy under the tax return build thread that ordered from them as well and he seems happy. I say for what I paid for them they are not bad and what I expected them to be, here is some pics.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...J/IMG_1634.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...J/IMG_1632.jpg

yj95wrangler 03-07-2012 06:27 PM

Had a guy i work with order front and rear last week. His matched up perfectly and his looked great no shipping damage. im about to order for mine now. seems to be a great heavy duty piece. just as well built as name brand. He got the front like your top pick and the rear was the swing away tire carrier one. It definitely seemed too good to be true but it is legit and worth it. he paid $189.95 for front and $389.95 for rear swinging tire carrier free shipping.

ninfivfo 03-07-2012 06:41 PM

Ya I figure its luck of the draw nothing the grinder cant fix, cant beat front and rear bumpers for 500ish! Also on what you said this front bumper is a beast and built really well, added 66 lbs to the front of my yeep haha. The rear swing bumper will be here tomorrow.

kdub 03-07-2012 07:59 PM

I've been looking at them bumpers they look nice.but this bumper caught my eye tonight.

gmcnutt13 03-07-2012 10:21 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I have found numerous bumpers that I like better than these but they are all just do damn expensive. I might just save my pennies and wait. But I'm not very patient when it comes to my jeep I want it to look good and perform better now. Ha

Dutch 95 03-07-2012 11:37 PM

I can only speak from my experience:

I bought from this exact same seller! I am ABSOLUTELY happy with my purchase!!! While you will find that the parts arrive in a box that looks like it got stepped on, run over by a truck, and chewed by the Tasmanian Devil, I doubt that you'd be disappointed with the quality, with one small exception!

You may want to consider ahead of time is that you may want to go get yourself some wrinkle paint to give it a bit more paint at weld joints or tight areas. That being the only exception, I would absolutely buy another set.

In my case, the extra $9 for a can of Duplicolor wrinkle paint was WELL WORTH the cost difference! Also, check out the other auctions from them for something you REALLY like!! You can actually just click on "see other items" in an auction you're interested to see all the other items that seller has currently being offered. (I noticed they have quite a few different items they offer). If you don't like it, you won't like what you spend for it, even if you got a good price (it's like picking whether you'd like to be stabbed or shot, when you can just pick neither).

Ultimately, while I can speak for the quality, only you know EXACTLY what you like. In life and in your Jeep the only one who will be with you ALWAYS be with you, and care what you think, is you. Like what you drive!!!!!!!

gmcnutt13 03-08-2012 12:33 AM

Nicely said. I agree. That was going to be my next question on how hard it would be to add to these bumpers and be able to possibly match the paint if it was a powder coat or something. Because I think I would add a jack mount and possibly a can mount on the rear tire carrier. I'm fairly good at welding I just don't have the tools or time to fabricate something like a complete bumper.

And my next question is what about the tire carrier latch? Is it decent ? Because I could see that being something that would need to be a very good quality because of the use and abuse it would be getting of opening and closing and the constant bouncing and vibration. If you havent noticed I'm kinda anal about my things ( hints all the questions )

If anyone has any more pictures of these bumpers on their jeep PLEASE post them I want to take a look at them on some jeeps. Since their aren't to many online.

By the way Thanks for all the help.

Abner Ravenwood 03-08-2012 09:14 AM

Awesome, now i know where to get my tire carrier. Thanks!

Chris

yj95wrangler 03-08-2012 09:24 AM

Tire carrier latch seems good to me. In fact I meant to post that in my last reply and failed to do so, I apologize. The tire carrier has a flat handle that you pull up to release. It is NOT a latch style set up, the handle actually has a decent sized locking pin that goes into a built in groove on the bumper. Once you lock and unlock its like it's semi spring loaded because the pin appears to twist into the groove and secure lock itself. Appears to be a great design that will keep the tire locked in and not work loose after time.

4bratsdad 03-08-2012 09:42 AM

i just ordered the same bumpers last friday cant wait for them to arrive!

olbaid_83 03-08-2012 12:43 PM

just a heads up on tire carriers and other bumpers. check out truck_and_winch. i got my tire carrier from them and they are awesome. seems that the customer service is what got me with them. just check them out

Dutch 95 03-08-2012 11:23 PM

Here's a couple of pics of the latch mechanism from mine.

Img 1152 - latch mechanism Wrangler Forum Gallery

Img 1151 - latch mechanism Wrangler Forum Gallery

Img 1150 - latch mechanism Wrangler Forum Gallery

I love the latch design!!!

Here's what it looks like from the back.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...9/IMG_1048.jpg

denisbaldwin 03-09-2012 06:00 AM

Dutch - I went back and forth between that bumper, the Smittybilt one like it (with tire carrier) and the Fessybilt one. The only reason I ended up going with the Fessy is because of the built in carriers for Jerry cans and light mounts.. but that does look really good on your Jeep.

Dutch 95 03-10-2012 01:38 AM

Huh....never heard of Fessy until now. It's a bit too late, but I'll check them out.

Nilrym 03-10-2012 06:48 AM

I bought mine from truckrestyling88 in Jan (the blue jeep). I paid $251 with free shipping, but it seems that the vendor's lost his bloody mind and is now charging $980 or so for the same bumper ...

4bratsdad 03-10-2012 10:54 AM

my front just showed up last night e bumper, holes didnt line up, had to grind them out 3 times and i got it on, looks real sharp, just waiting for the back one now!