Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   On The Trail (
-   -   Smoky Mountain and NC Area (

jkics 03-08-2012 10:59 AM

Smoky Mountain and NC Area
A group of us from south ms and La want to do some trail riding in the mountains.

Can anyone point us in the right direction as far as trails and cabins to stay in? Maybe up to 5 couples.

Maybe send me some website links, etc.

JeepLife1 03-08-2012 02:22 PM

Man I wish I could go ride in the mountains it's like a dream of mine!

gmiller0737 03-08-2012 05:46 PM

I have never looked for Jeep Trails but have been going to the Smokey Mountians for 25+ years,Tellico was popular but it has been closed,There is a offroad area in Eastern Tn. not too far from Knoxville & the Smokeys Coal Creek OHV | OHV Trails | Campground | ATV Riding | Adventure | ATV/OHV Sport Events | Off-Road Riding | East Tennessee Mountains | Windrock | OHV | Rock Crawling | Rock Climbing | Mud Bog | Poker Run
If you go th E. Tennesee look at the Pigeon Forge Area so much to do there,But I would rent a Cabin somewhere off Wears Valley Road (More Peacful but still close to activitys) Google Wears Valley Cabin Rentals,Cades Cove is a "Must See" you will see Deer and Maybe a Bear or 2 & they also have a Horse Stable & Guided Tours and also hay rides,In nearby Gatlinburg there is a Ripleys Aquarium that is worth the trip,Smokey Mountian Knife Works in near by Sevierville is great if you like knifes,Sorry I can't be of more help on the Jeep Trails,As far as North Carolina we stayed in the Franklin area plenty of times it's a great area but not as much to do as Pigeon Forge,If your dead set on N.C. look at cabin rentals in Franklin,Murphy,Bryson City,I would avoid staying in Cherokee N.C (Indian Reservation) kinda a Tourist Trap,Here is a link to Franklin Chamber of commerce

bama2012rubicon 03-09-2012 08:56 PM

2012 Christmas trip
We have 2012 Christmas trip planned, but I'm not sure about trails. Where are all the north Ga. and eastern Tenn. Jeepers at? You they know where the trails are.

Comac90 03-09-2012 09:40 PM

Unfortunately, not a lot of technical wheeling around here. There are some great dirt roads - lots of fun for dual sport motorcycle touring, though.:thumb:

In the Asheville area, Hurricane Creek is about the only 'trail' around. There are great cabins from Cashiers to Asheville to Blowing Rock and everywhere in between.

Short video I made of Hurricane Creek: Hurricane Creek (let me know if the link doesn't work)

It really depends on what you're looking for....

Twwilliams 06-30-2013 07:56 AM

Parson's Branch off of Cade's Cove loop is a lot of fun. It is 8 mile between Cade's Cove and US129 the Dragon.

Here is a vid of our ride on Parson's Branch