Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   JK Winch Mount (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jk-winch-mount-145136.html)

nmdriver 03-08-2012 10:41 PM

JK Winch Mount
 
I want to get a winch and am torn on buying the winch mount kit for 150 or buying a bumper for around 5 or 600.

I like the winch my Saraha has but dont want to dump $ on a mount kit if it is not really worth it when I could put that for a bumper.

Is there a used market for the mounts? Is that the only option?:confused:

nmdriver 03-09-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmdriver (Post 2119631)
I want to get a winch and am torn on buying the winch mount kit for 150 or buying a bumper for around 5 or 600.

I like the winch my Saraha has but dont want to dump $ on a mount kit if it is not really worth it when I could put that for a bumper.

Is there a used market for the mounts? Is that the only option?:confused:

I meant to say I like the bumper on my Sahara...guess I was tired last night...couldn't even spell Sahara!

Daniel_M 03-09-2012 09:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the smittbilt winch plate I will sell you. I am the 2nd owner and had it on there for about 6 months and then got my bumper. PM me for details. Here are pics of it mounted.

-Dan

4fit 03-09-2012 09:07 AM

Look into the new Rough Country hybrid bumper. I got a quote on the base bumper, fog light end caps, and d-rings shipped to my door of $319 or so. Here's what it looks like.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...601/photo3.jpg

Beastmaster 03-09-2012 09:57 AM

Never heard of any place other than Craig's List. On the other hand, I don't know that I'd want a used mount. Many after market bumpers come with a winch mount included.

kbwwolf 03-09-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4fit (Post 2120574)
Look into the new Rough Country hybrid bumper. I got a quote on the base bumper, fog light end caps, and d-rings shipped to my door of $319 or so. Here's what it looks like.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...601/photo3.jpg

$319? With a winch mount, cutouts for fogs and shackles? Whoa...gotta be the most inexpensive bumper on the market, or close to it. And it looks good. :thumb:

Daniel_M 03-09-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmaster (Post 2120711)
Never heard of any place other than Craig's List. On the other hand, I don't know that I'd want a used mount. Many after market bumpers come with a winch mount included.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a used winch mount. Thing is 1/4" steel with grade 8 bolts. They are built to last pull after pull. I had it for 6 months and didn't have a pull with it.

-Dan

Daniel_M 03-09-2012 10:39 AM

4 Attachment(s)
There are also other's in the bumper game that have amazing looking bumpers for reasonable prices. The Espedition One Basic DX and the Pure Jeep Bare Bonez.

Jeep JK basic DX Winch Bumper - Expedition One LLC

PUREJEEP: PJ1003: JEEP JK BARE BONEZ FRONT WINCH COMBO, front bumpers

-Dan

nmdriver 03-09-2012 10:41 AM

I may be confused here...to use my current bumper I would need something like this:

Smittybilt 2804 - Smittybilt Winch Plate for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with Factory Bumper - Quadratec
Looks like it includes the mount and the bracketry to attach to the bumper?

Daniel_M 03-09-2012 10:47 AM

Yes, that is what you need.

-Dan

4fit 03-09-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

$319? With a winch mount, cutouts for fogs and shackles? Whoa...gotta be the most inexpensive bumper on the market, or close to it. And it looks good. :thumb:

Yup. The version without the foglight ends and no shackles lists for 189 on the RC website.

kbwwolf 03-09-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4fit (Post 2120962)
Yup. The version without the foglight ends and no shackles lists for 189 on the RC website.

Less than one of my tires. Damn. That's just wrong. :nonono:

joe buell 03-10-2012 06:43 AM

or try 4wheel magazine march isssue page 73 top right corner of page buy a ARB bull bumper and get a xrc8 pro comp winch for $99 with purchase something to look into???? just my 2cents worth

nmdriver 03-10-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe buell (Post 2124247)
or try 4wheel magazine march isssue page 73 top right corner of page buy a ARB bull bumper and get a xrc8 pro comp winch for $99 with purchase something to look into???? just my 2cents worth

I did see that the other day on the throne. I recall it being a tad steep on price. Have to go look again. Hopefully I can work a deal out with Daniel_M. I hope I like it and not end up buying a bumper later on lol.

cavsvet74 03-10-2012 06:42 PM

You can do this with any winch plate: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/my-...nch-87776.html

Some assembly required.:thumb:

nmdriver 03-10-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavsvet74 (Post 2125874)
You can do this with any winch plate: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/my-...nch-87776.html\

Some assembly required.:thumb:

Nice. I was going to post this too but didnt want there to be hate and discontent. :hide:

STOCK BUMPER WINCH MOUNT - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Good stuff both places. I like my current bumper being painted and already a stubby so I may not spend the money on a new bumper.

kbwwolf 03-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmdriver (Post 2126328)
Nice. I was going to post this too but didnt want there to be hate and discontent. :hide:

STOCK BUMPER WINCH MOUNT - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Good stuff both places. I like my current bumper being painted and already a stubby so I may not spend the money on a new bumper.


No hate and discontent. I post whatever I find that best answers someone's question or illustrates my point. Doesn't matter where it comes from. You can do that here. :thumb:

I'm a member on another forum that doesn't allow that. They'll black out links to other threads, and even certain Jeep products. Doesn't make any sense, since the goal is to provide info to fellow Jeepers.

phottomatt 03-12-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4fit (Post 2120574)
Look into the new Rough Country hybrid bumper. I got a quote on the base bumper, fog light end caps, and d-rings shipped to my door of $319 or so. Here's what it looks like.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...601/photo3.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on this bad boy, be at my door by Wednesday, 10% off for forum members.

4fit 03-12-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phottomatt (Post 2131584)
Just pulled the trigger on this bad boy, be at my door by Wednesday, 10% off for forum members.

Congrats. It is a really nice looking bumper.

Ryan1 12-13-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel_M (Post 2120559)
I have the smittbilt winch plate I will sell you. I am the 2nd owner and had it on there for about 6 months and then got my bumper. PM me for details. Here are pics of it mounted.

-Dan

I know this is a super old thread but by chance u don't happen to have that winch plate for sale do you?

Thanks
Ryan

skyefalcon6 01-24-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4fit (Post 2120574)
Look into the new Rough Country hybrid bumper. I got a quote on the base bumper, fog light end caps, and d-rings shipped to my door of $319 or so. Here's what it looks like.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...601/photo3.jpg


What color is the paint on your grille? Diggin' that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.