Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   All-Weather Floor Liners (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/all-weather-floor-liners-145145.html)

Jaceman1970 03-08-2012 10:39 PM

All-Weather Floor Liners
 
Anyone ever bought the Tread Lightly! Front All-Weather Floor Liners and/or the Tread Lightly! All-Weather Rear Cargo Floor Liners sold by Quadratec? I am leaning toward purchasing some.

Opinions? Recommendations on all-weather floor liners would be appreciated for my 2004 Jeep Wrangler. Thanks in advance.

lynn 03-09-2012 08:31 AM

I always use Weather-Tech floor mats.

| WeatherTech.com

I bought some of the molded-to-fit liners from Quadratec when I got the LJ, very disappointed. Sent them back promptly and put in the old weather tech mats left over from my CJ. They have to be about 15 years old now, still work great.

oIIIIIIo 03-09-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaceman1970 (Post 2119868)
Anyone ever bought the Tread Lightly! Front All-Weather Floor Liners and/or the Tread Lightly! All-Weather Rear Cargo Floor Liners sold by Quadratec? I am leaning toward purchasing some.

Opinions? Recommendations on all-weather floor liners would be appreciated for my 2004 Jeep Wrangler. Thanks in advance.

I have the floor liners for front, mid, and cargo from Quadratec. I personally don't like them because they are too stiff, but does it's purpose. I would look into getting a different brand.

Celtic 03-09-2012 11:33 AM

Husky Liners. Front, rear and cargo were under $200 when I got mine. I think they are great.

Sccafire 03-09-2012 12:35 PM

X2 with the Husky liners. I have them just for the front.

IslandTJ 03-09-2012 12:42 PM

x3 on Husky, I've had them since I bought my Jeep in 1997. Wouldn't recommend anything else.

sm31 03-09-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaceman1970 (Post 2119868)
Anyone ever bought the Tread Lightly! Front All-Weather Floor Liners and/or the Tread Lightly! All-Weather Rear Cargo Floor Liners sold by Quadratec? I am leaning toward purchasing some.

Opinions? Recommendations on all-weather floor liners would be appreciated for my 2004 Jeep Wrangler. Thanks in advance.

I've got them and the quality is great.

But I'm having trouble keeping the carpet dry underneath. Not sure where it's getting in from...

DeeJayy 03-09-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oIIIIIIo (Post 2121288)
I have the floor liners for front, mid, and cargo from Quadratec. I personally don't like them because they are too stiff, but does it's purpose. I would look into getting a different brand.

I just talked to Quadratec and they said they had a new design and that they were back ordered. Not sure if they changed the flexability issue you were talking about. If you like I'll post back when they come in for the OP if you're still looking for floor mats then.

tcate23-WRANGLER 03-09-2012 01:53 PM

I have the tread lightly ans love how thick they are and they look good, BUT i have notice them starting to curve on the sides...im going to call and see whats up

Blackpony04 03-09-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn (Post 2120632)
I always use Weather-Tech floor mats.

| WeatherTech.com

I bought some of the molded-to-fit liners from Quadratec when I got the LJ, very disappointed. Sent them back promptly and put in the old weather tech mats left over from my CJ. They have to be about 15 years old now, still work great.

The Weather-tech Floorliners are by far the greatest floor mats I have ever owned and I now put them in every car I purchase. Amazon.com has the best price and what's cool is they will sell fast on Craigslist if you ever get rid of your vehicle. I've had the fronts for awhile and they not only work awesome but they have a nice deep lip (about 3 inches) all the way around. Which worked out great for me as I have a huge salt stain on the side by the accelerator that won't come out no matter how hard I scrub and these mats cover them up perfectly. Well worth the money! Buying the rears very soon.

mraybrake 03-10-2012 12:15 PM

just to point something out... Tread Lightly's cargo floor liners doesn't go all the way under the rear seat if it's flipped up. The Husky Liner does though.

Celtic 03-10-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mraybrake (Post 2125098)
just to point something out... Tread Lightly's cargo floor liners doesn't go all the way under the rear seat if it's flipped up. The Husky Liner does though.

Right. It extends all the way to where the flat floor of the tub drops off into the rear footwells. And, it has a two inch lip on the front that sort of holds the stuff you put under the back seat from falling into the footwells. My wife keeps her boots and umbrella :hide: there.

Smitty03 03-10-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04

The Weather-tech Floorliners are by far the greatest floor mats I have ever owned and I now put them in every car I purchase. Amazon.com has the best price and what's cool is they will sell fast on Craigslist if you ever get rid of your vehicle. I've had the fronts for awhile and they not only work awesome but they have a nice deep lip (about 3 inches) all the way around. Which worked out great for me as I have a huge salt stain on the side by the accelerator that won't come out no matter how hard I scrub and these mats cover them up perfectly. Well worth the money! Buying the rears very soon.

Well said! I have them on both my TJ and my Power Wagon. They are quite expensive but worth it.

miketx 03-10-2012 03:24 PM

The Quadratec, Tread Lightly, and Rugged Ridge mats are all the same thing, just rebadged. I bought a set, but promptly returned them due to side warping (a common problem.....check around the various forums). If Quadratec/Rugged Ridge has a new version....great, it's about time.

I also had the Husky liners....also returned. They were too smooth for my liking....no deep tread in the pattern.

I'm just sticking with my $19 Sams Club floor mats for now, which are color-matching (tan), until someone makes a better set.

Mike

Celtic 03-10-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketx (Post 2125555)

I also had the Husky liners....They were too smooth for my liking....no deep tread in the pattern.

Mike

Mike,

Interesting that you returned yours for the same reason I bought mine. I did not not want my wife getting her 4" high heels caught in the deep off road tread design from the other makers. Huskies have a lower diamond plate design that does not catch anyone's heels, especially the driver's. And I like the way the diamond plate design matches nicely with some other parts of the interior.:Thanx:

Jaceman1970 07-13-2012 09:29 PM

Anyone try the new Quadratec liners?
 
It appears the Tread Lightly floor and cargo all-weather liners sold by Quadratec have a new design. Anyone tried them yet? I am still debating and really like the rugged look of these. Haven't had a chance to buy new liners yet. Been spending money on other things. I wonder if they have addressed some of the side-warping issues mentioned in this thread.

Derp 07-14-2012 01:16 AM

I have the qtec mats and love them.

JKU2012PA 07-21-2012 06:32 PM

I had originally ordered the Husky's but I didn't like the way the cargo mat fit. The fronts and rears were fine but I returned the entire set for the WeatherTech's which are very good (just expensive). My brother has the Quadratec's and I actually like them more than the WT's and they were $100 less.

dlb56 11-07-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKU2012PA
I had originally ordered the Husky's but I didn't like the way the cargo mat fit. The fronts and rears were fine but I returned the entire set for the WeatherTech's which are very good (just expensive). My brother has the Quadratec's and I actually like them more than the WT's and they were $100 less.

Does the WT cover the entire cargo area with the seat removed?

Big Bad Jeep 11-08-2012 12:57 PM

I have the weather tech all weather mats. Simply the best,they are custom fit to the TJ and I would not buy anything else! They keep dirt on the mat in the summer and rain water from shoes on the mat in the winter.

Rubicondon53 11-08-2012 01:17 PM

I'm a cheapskate, I found a pair of used Husky Liners on EBay for 40 bucks.. no need for any rear liners, and the huskies are perfect, they look brand new with no wear, and fit perfect!!

cedar 11-08-2012 02:40 PM

I have both the Husky Liners and the Weathertech in our Explorer and 4Runner and I like the Husky's better. They clean up way better they dont have the texure that the weathertech's have.

KaiserJeep 11-08-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaceman1970 (Post 2119868)
Anyone ever bought the Tread Lightly! Front All-Weather Floor Liners and/or the Tread Lightly! All-Weather Rear Cargo Floor Liners sold by Quadratec? I am leaning toward purchasing some.

Opinions? Recommendations on all-weather floor liners would be appreciated for my 2004 Jeep Wrangler. Thanks in advance.


I like them, but I never take my hardtop off. I know from past experience that if you open the softtop, any dirt/sand/grit in the floor liners or on top of a herculined floor, fly up and blind you on the highway. The stock carpet actually works best for an open Jeep. On my Jeep, it all stays in the grooves until I vacuum it out.

TJGARMA03 11-08-2012 03:08 PM

I've had a set of husky liners in my TJ for about a year and have nothing bad to say about them. I would by again!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.