Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/)
-   -   Mopar (Teraflex) Stage 3 Lift Installed (Pics) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/mopar-teraflex-stage-3-lift-installed-pics-145335.html)

CUL8R 03-09-2012 07:04 PM

Mopar (Teraflex) Stage 3 Lift Installed (Pics)
 
Looks like no one likes/buys the Mopar lifts. But after looking at this very nice kit, I now have it on. I haven't driven much with it yet, but so far it rides really well on road. More testing this weekend. Here is some basic info and a few pictures. The lift does include the teraflex exhaust spacers and limit straps. Hope this is useful.

"Quick Overview

**Available Exclusively through Mopar**

Whether its Moab, the Baja or your daily commute, Mopar enhances your JKs capabilities, ride comfort and control. The 3 lift is best suited for 35 tires. All lifts feature coil springs with wheelbase-specific load ratings for 2 and 4-door JKs.

Co-developed with FOX and TeraFlex, the Stage 3 Lift utilizes an external remote reservoir version of the FOX 2.0 Performance Series shock for even greater heat dissipation. The shocks, in combination with the Mopar / TeraFlex SpeedBump System (used on the front axle), provide exceptional performance at speed. Additionally, this system includes all four rear axle-to-frame link arms, and the front / lower link arms for ideal driveline geometry and front end alignment (no realignment required)."

http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...parstage31.jpg


http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00052sm-M.jpg

Rear:
http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00102sm-M.jpg

http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00142sm-M.jpg

http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00122sm-M.jpg

Front
http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00252sm-M.jpg

http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00172sm-M.jpg

http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00192sm-M.jpg

http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00272sm-M.jpg

http://cul8r.smugmug.com/Trucks/4WD-...F00292sm-M.jpg

Jim

FreezerJeep 03-09-2012 07:08 PM

I think that looks sexy!

kbwwolf 03-09-2012 07:11 PM

I think one of the main reasons you don't see a lot of that lift is because it costs ~ $2,400.

Looks good to me, though. And your Jeep is hot. :thumb:

muttandjeeps 03-09-2012 07:28 PM

Damn, thats looks good!

ESP 03-09-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2122759)
I think one of the main reasons you don't see a lot of that lift is because it costs ~ $2,400.

Looks good to me, though. And your Jeep is hot. :thumb:

x2 but it does look yummo

4fit 03-09-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP

x2 but it does look yummo

X3. Does look damn good tho.

strider_mt2k 03-09-2012 07:39 PM

X4

Wow.

44Blues 03-09-2012 07:52 PM

That came out great, have fun with it!

moosejeepin 03-09-2012 08:12 PM

I'm interested in lifting my 2012 JKUR, I haven't heard anyone mention what happens to the electronic disconnect in the Rubi's? Does it stay does it go does it get modified. Does this Lift also require cutting and drilling?

Jeep Looks great by the way! Lots of Work you've been doing there. Classy

ESP 03-09-2012 08:22 PM

We need wheeling pics or videos now that stat!

kjeeper10 03-09-2012 08:51 PM

Sexy.... Better with mud :D

kjeeper10 03-09-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosejeepin
I'm interested in lifting my 2012 JKUR, I haven't heard anyone mention what happens to the electronic disconnect in the Rubi's? Does it stay does it go does it get modified. Does this Lift also require cutting and drilling?

Jeep Looks great by the way! Lots of Work you've been doing there. Classy

Huh? ... Nothing

The rubi disco's from the center of the swaybar using a motor.

Longer swaybar links are supplied with the kits. Some use the factory rears up front and supply new links for the rear.

Mentat Bashar 03-09-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUL8R (Post 2122723)

Very nice and I always dig the Pintlers! But I don't understand why Mopar included a basketball goal to install on the roof?? :D:hide:

Do you happen to know offhand what the height of the Jeep is now from the ground to the top of the roof? I'm thinking about a 3.5" lift instead of the AEV 2.5" and would like to know.

kbwwolf 03-09-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentat Bashar (Post 2123173)
I don't understand why Mopar included a basketball goal to install on the roof??

So short guys can dunk. :D

Mentat Bashar 03-09-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2123190)
So short guys can dunk. :D

:rolleyes:

Just looked over the pictures again. I can never look at enough of this stuff!

CUL8R 03-09-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentat Bashar (Post 2123173)
Very nice and I always dig the Pintlers! But I don't understand why Mopar included a basketball goal to install on the roof?? :D:hide:

Do you happen to know offhand what the height of the Jeep is now from the ground to the top of the roof? I'm thinking about a 3.5" lift instead of the AEV 2.5" and would like to know.


My son had a 2012 JKUR before I bought mine. He has the same wheels/tires but a different lift. As soon as we get his basketball backboard installed on his JK, we'll be able to play full court anywhere. Look for us shooting hoops on the slickrock of Moab in April!

The height seems to be between 77 and 78". Hard to be exact in the dark.

Jim

Mentat Bashar 03-09-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUL8R (Post 2123352)
My son had a 2012 JKUR before I bought mine. He has the same wheels/tires but a different lift. As soon as we get his basketball backboard installed on his JK, we'll be able to play full court anywhere. Look for us shooting hoops on the slickrock of Moab in April!

The height seems to be between 77 and 78". Hard to be exact in the dark.

Jim

Thank you. That will give me something to work with so I can run out and measure the garage door opening.

Casotakar1229 03-09-2012 09:52 PM

jeep looks sick...jealous.

killerbee812 03-09-2012 10:07 PM

Looks good!! Just order those shocks from Teraflex myself. How do you like them?

desertgoose 03-09-2012 10:28 PM

Looks sharp. $2400 sounds about right with those shocks and speedbumps.

terminator012 03-09-2012 10:44 PM

Looks great.:thumb:

Eojochaz 03-18-2012 08:36 AM

Looks sick. I'm planning on doing the same lift on my 2012 JKU. Did you have to do anything to the drive shaft ?

RedBones 03-18-2012 10:14 PM

Hell yea looks good.

Open_Speed 03-19-2012 03:30 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the cost of the install? Did you have a dealership do it?

sneck 03-19-2012 05:52 PM

do you happen to have a picture of the bushings on the control arms? or do you know, are they rubber like factory, or something different? It doesn't look like they are adjustable, are they? Also, what prompted you to go with the mopar kit instead of the teraflex one?

kjeeper10 03-19-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneck
do you happen to have a picture of the bushings on the control arms? or do you know, are they rubber like factory, or something different? It doesn't look like they are adjustable, are they? Also, what prompted you to go with the mopar kit instead of the teraflex one?

They looked fixed?

You have TF monster arms If I remember right?

sneck 03-19-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2157624)
They looked fixed?

You have TF monster arms If I remember right?

I do aye. the fixed arms kinda shock me, as the flex arms look just much much beefier. They are rubber bushings at the frame though

kjeeper10 03-19-2012 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sneck

I do aye. the fixed arms kinda shock me, as the flex arms look just much much beefier. They are rubber bushings at the frame though

Much beefier is right lol

CUL8R 03-19-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerbee812 (Post 2123458)
Looks good!! Just order those shocks from Teraflex myself. How do you like them?

They seem to ride pretty well so far. Not too stiff on road, and so far good on our so far limited offroad use. Will know a lot more about the entire package by late April, after our annual Spring Moab run.

Eojochaz: No change to the front shaft. But am planning to order a Tom Woods front soon to improve angles. No exhaust clearance issue since I have the spacers on.

Open_Speed: The dealer we purchased from did do the install. We set the entire thing up when we ordered the jeep. Parts ordered the kit and everything was figured into the deal in advance for financing purposes.

sneck: Sorry no pictures of the bushings. Went with the MOPAR kit for several reasons, one of which was mentioned above.

Love the JKUR, But also really miss the PowerWagon we traded in! Wish the Rubi came from the factory with a 12K winch like the PowerWagon did. Otherwise almost identical features (except size). Oh, and the Rubi's lockers actuate better than the PowerWagon's.

Jim

desertgoose 03-19-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneck

I do aye. the fixed arms kinda shock me, as the flex arms look just much much beefier. They are rubber bushings at the frame though

Interesting. My synergy lca's have the rubber in axle side and jj's at the frame.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.