Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   CJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/)
-   -   Curious cj for sale (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f298/curious-cj-for-sale-145399.html)

Mariah94 03-10-2012 02:48 AM

Curious cj for sale

This cj is for sale down the street from me and I'm just curious if the price is too much/too little. IMO it looks great and he is asking for too little, but it's been sitting a while now. My only thing is...I don't see anything on it that's stock. Here is a pic of the jeep and a pic of the paper with details. I could never afford what he's asking for, I'm just really curious. I would give the guy a call but since I'm not a serious buyer I don't think he would appreciate my many many questions about the vehicle.

Attachment 103583

Attachment 103584

CJ-John 03-10-2012 07:02 AM

At first glance it may seem high, but then again how much would it take to replace all that's been done? and would someone be doing it themself or paying a shop? If a buyer liked the way it was set up it may be a great deal. my .02

Another Guy In A Jeep 03-10-2012 07:18 AM

Too much most I'd pay for a cj is 5k tops

GoldenSahara00 03-10-2012 07:28 AM

Looking at it it looks super clean. I would say 7-7.5 is a more reasonable price. Guys know going in money spent doesn't equal value of he vehicle.

Tcoletta19 03-10-2012 11:55 AM

Just from experience of selling my old cars i always listed higher then what i would actually settle for because how often does anyone ever pay exactly what the seller is looking for there is always some negotiation.

Mariah94 03-10-2012 03:26 PM

Very interesting. I have always had a unfounded respect for a cj of any condition so my gut was saying he was asking too little. Very interesting that they go for such a small price.

Thanks y'all

:wavey:

Dempsey 03-11-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Guy In A Jeep (Post 2124370)
Too much most I'd pay for a cj is 5k tops

Good thing you aren't looking for one if $5k is your top price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariah94 (Post 2125564)
Very interesting. I have always had a unfounded respect for a cj of any condition so my gut was saying he was asking too little. Very interesting that they go for such a small price.

Thanks y'all

:wavey:

CJ's vary in price based on condition, modifications and region of the US. The V6 to me in a good upgrade....assuming it was done correctly but in general most people want the drivetrain stock. The flashy accesories don't do much for me but are expensive and add up quick. There is no doubt the owner probably has what he is asking in the jeep...but that doesn't mean its worth that either.
Rust is a big concern on cj's and pretty much all have or had it. How it was repaired is important.
I would expect the owner to sell the jeep for less than he is asking. Typically 10-15% less is normal...so in that $7500 to $8000 range. In that range if it drove, stop, started well and looked good aint a bad price. You cant build one for anywhere near that. But you wouldn't make money if you resold either.

Maybe that helps.

GoldenSahara00 03-11-2012 11:05 PM

Holy shiiiiiz Dempsey and I agreed on price. It's a sign :O

Dempsey 03-12-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2130229)
Holy shiiiiiz Dempsey and I agreed on price. It's a sign :O

:rofl::rofl:

Ibuildembig 03-12-2012 04:47 PM

Good CJ's are hard to find and alot of them will bring 15-25K depending on what they are (which a 30 year old tj or yj will NEVER do). I would crawl all over it and see if you can find any patch spots.

lynn 03-14-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dempsey (Post 2128693)
Good thing you aren't looking for one if $5k is your top price.

CJ's vary in price based on condition, modifications and region of the US. The V6 to me in a good upgrade....assuming it was done correctly but in general most people want the drivetrain stock. The flashy accesories don't do much for me but are expensive and add up quick. There is no doubt the owner probably has what he is asking in the jeep...but that doesn't mean its worth that either.
Rust is a big concern on cj's and pretty much all have or had it. How it was repaired is important.
I would expect the owner to sell the jeep for less than he is asking. Typically 10-15% less is normal...so in that $7500 to $8000 range. In that range if it drove, stop, started well and looked good aint a bad price. You cant build one for anywhere near that. But you wouldn't make money if you resold either.

Maybe that helps.

x2