Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Conversations with kids (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/conversations-with-kids-145427.html)

klkb 03-10-2012 10:16 AM

Conversations with kids
 
We all have something to do with kids, as parent, teachers, in the family or just friends. What are the things kids hate to hear (Because I said so!) and excuses kids give (I didn't think you'd mind...) I want to hear from our teenage Jeepers, too!!!

shell 03-10-2012 03:40 PM

I was with my 3 year old nephew one evening. We were listening to the radio in the car (mom's Honda Pilot). He's singing along to "Sweet Home Alabama". At the end he sings "Sweet home Alabama....dot com....." I laughed my butt off.....

LouieDelTorchio 03-10-2012 03:47 PM

Kids hate it when you say "I'm dissapointed in you" its worse than if you were pissed off haha. Or "do you have something to tell me?" Haha I remember when I was a kid. I'm 18 now and still don't like to hear those :P

Beastmaster 03-10-2012 04:27 PM

jerry seinfeld wait up - YouTube

BT 03-10-2012 05:26 PM

"you know better" When my dad used to say that to me I wanted to crawl into a little hole and just stay there for a few years.

BigDog21 03-10-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bta2011 (Post 2125711)
"you know better" When my dad used to say that to me I wanted to crawl into a little hole and just stay there for a few years.

Never intended to hurt, just correct. Was I correct when it was said?
BTW...pretty proud of who & how you turned out to be.:thumb:

klkb 03-10-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDog21
Never intended to hurt, just correct. Was I correct when it was said?
BTW...pretty proud of who & how you turned out to be.:thumb:

^Nice! Father and son, I'm guessing? :-)

BigDog21 03-11-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb (Post 2126508)
^Nice! Father and son, I'm guessing? :-)

Yep!

BT 03-11-2012 04:25 PM

Got a pretty dang good teacher if I do say so my self.

Aunt Flow 03-11-2012 07:09 PM

"Quit screwing around."

Khaki05Wrangler 03-11-2012 07:17 PM

I always hated "We'll see.". Usually meant :nonono: .

Supercop260 03-11-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaki05Wrangler
I always hated "We'll see.". Usually meant :nonono: .

I use that constantly when I want to avoid a question...and when I want to mess with them.

Daughter: "Can we go to McDonald's?"
Me: "we'll see"
Daughter: "I know what we'll see means"

klkb 03-11-2012 10:23 PM

They always know what "we'll see" means. I've changed it up to "we can talk about that".

Mine also hate the "hey, can you grab the ___ from the ___?" two floors up... Like we haven't all done our time with fetching things for our parents!

armygreen 03-14-2012 04:28 AM

after a half hour of wrestling with my 4yr old nephew we plopped onto his mom's bed exhausted for a rest,
our faces were kinda close together and he looked at me and said, "you know, you might get a girlfriend if you trimmed your nose hairs".



i will remember that line with embarassment and a laugh for the rest of my life. :D

Jeeplover1 03-14-2012 04:46 AM

My kids make me laugh everday! Thank God for kids

denisbaldwin 03-14-2012 07:46 AM

"You know, when I was your age..."

Another Guy In A Jeep 03-14-2012 07:51 AM

When I was younger (not too long ago, I'm 16) and when I got yelled at or smacked by my parents, it sent me into a silent rage and I just wanted to piss them off even more.

Kids react differently, but one thing you can count on is that "rebellious" stage they get into between 7-10th grade, where they think they know life enough to make their own decisions. When in fact us teenagers don't have the experiences to make decisions.

sonofabeach 03-14-2012 09:02 AM

I used to hate hearing "alright fatass, did you eat all of the onion dip?"

Militaryman4455 03-14-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabeach (Post 2138781)
I used to hate hearing "alright fatass, did you eat all of the onion dip?"

Bet you're not a fat ass anymore :rofl:

BT 03-14-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Guy In A Jeep (Post 2138589)
When in fact us teenagers don't have the experiences to make decisions.

Dude I know. When i was in high school I thought I knew everything there was to know about anything. I'm glad I snapped out of that before I graduated because when I went to college It was a real eye opener.

PTWarrior66 03-14-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb (Post 2124645)
We all have something to do with kids, as parent, teachers, in the family or just friends. What are the things kids hate to hear (Because I said so!) and excuses kids give (I didn't think you'd mind...) I want to hear from our teenage Jeepers, too!!!

Maybe when other parents talk down to other kids?




:whistling:

:rofl:

commodore_dude 03-14-2012 02:11 PM

"Because I said so" was always the worst. I understand so much more now about why my parents said and did the things they did raising me, but if I ever have kids I would really try to limit the use of that one, especially as they get older.

rivershark2005 03-14-2012 06:05 PM

My son gets into it with his sister every now and then (not often) (2.5 years apart and she just turned 2). If he smacks her or pushes her, all I have to say is "Do you want a spanking?" He will look at her, say "I'm sorry, sissy" and give her a kiss. She's a little meaner than he is and the pushing or smack never seems to bother her. Often times, I've had to stop her from tearing into him.

He also hates "We'll see." "Daddy, can I ___?" "We'll see." "Daaadd!"

klkb 03-15-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTWarrior66 (Post 2139557)
Maybe when other parents talk down to other kids?

:rofl: That was Jeeper to Jeeper, my friend. :)

klkb 03-15-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodore_dude (Post 2139656)
"Because I said so" was always the worst. I understand so much more now about why my parents said and did the things they did raising me, but if I ever have kids I would really try to limit the use of that one, especially as they get older.

I hope you are able to limit it, too - and then tell us what the secret is to putting an absolute stopper on a conversation! I think as parents we all throw up the first time we say that since we all swore we'd never use it on our own kids! There comes a point in a conversation when parents know that their kids are either missing the point or definitely won't get it - but the end answer is the same. For myself, there is a lot of impatience involved on both parts! :facepalm:

DevilDogDoc 03-16-2012 12:22 AM

Bill Cosby's "Fatherhood" has all you need to know it. Plus on occasion you can beat the kids with it!!

kartleyBecil 03-16-2012 03:28 AM

I'm 18 now and still don't like to hear thosehttp://www.australialuxe.info/013-1.jpg

CMEvans79 03-16-2012 03:40 AM

When I was 20 I feel asleep at my Fiancee's (now my wife and mother of our two girls) parents house while we were watching movies in the living room. Her dad turned off the lights and covered us up. I was still living at my parents house and at 2am my mom called and said "YOU WILL NEVER DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!!" and she was right, I moved out 2 weeks later. She said that was the one thing she regretted ever saying to me because she forgot how old I was.

Also, our oldest daughter always questions us if we say we are going to do something (Like going to Disney world this coming Nov) and it's not because she doesn't believe us... it's because she wants to know its really going to happen.

DaisyCutter 03-16-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klkb (Post 2124645)
What are the things kids hate to hear?

#4 You're adopted.

#3 Only queers wear skinny leg pants.

#2 The sound of my boot colliding with their ass.

#1 Cardinal O'Brien wants to see you in his office.


;)

armygreen 03-16-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaisyCutter (Post 2145768)
#2 The sound of my boot colliding with their ass.

omg, me, 15, 5'10", 150lbs, Dad finds cigs in my pocket,


*the kick* -- it lifted my feet 6" off the floor, i nearly lost my footing trying like a scrambling cat to land. me trying to land standing must've looked like a gymnast at the special olympics who just vaulted off the horse.


Quote:

#1 Conan O'Brien wants to see you in his office.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...tYQlFDWTIALBJA


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.