Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Need a lawyers advice (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/need-a-lawyers-advice-145464.html)

PTWarrior66 03-10-2012 01:19 PM

Need a lawyers advice

Is anyone here a lawyer?

So basically Social Security send me a check for $6,600 about 1.5-2 months ago for payments owed. Now they sent a letter saying $5,400 of it was overpayment and I need to send it back within 30 days.

I have student loans and a new car that relied on that money, most of it is in my account still but it goes towards the car and school and I cannot just pay it back. They made the mistake, it's their fault.

What are my options, I'm going to pull all my money from the bank Monday and request a waiver of the money owed back.

(I have four other siblings and the same thing happened, asked for the money back, in two cases every penny is gone, $1000 is gone from another and probably 2-3 thousand is gone from another. There's no way we are paying it back, my household income is "0". Will this fact help?) We get money another way but my mom doesn't work.

PecosRiver 03-10-2012 02:56 PM

Not a lawyer but I know that they will attach any earnings or refunds due if they refuse to grant you a waver. They have the ability to remove any and all monies that you have in bank accounts, whether they are your's or a family member's account if you have any tie to that money such as a joint account. It will come up on any credit info of you need a loan of any type. You do not want to deny them their money.

Like I said, I'm not a lawyer but I am a businessman that has had many negative run-ins with the IRS/federal government. The money is a short-term solution to your needs. Crossing the feds is a long-term pain in the ass.

Get a flesh and blood lawyer and don't rely on internet forum lawyers or people that say they are lawyers. YOU NEED TO BE 100% SURE OF THE INFO YOU RECEIVE WHEN DEALING WITH THE FEDS.

I repeat: YOU NEED TO BE 100% SURE OF THE INFO YOU RECEIVE WHEN DEALING WITH THE FEDS.

PTWarrior66 03-10-2012 03:14 PM

My account has been wiped clean of all my money. They said the letter would be here Monday so I had time to get rid of it before the letter "came". We are getting a lawyer because it's about 30-35 thousand dollars at stake and a lot of it is gone. I'm getting a waiver form and am going to file it accordingly. We already won the first step in no fault of our own was a part of getting the money.

3JKs1H1 03-10-2012 05:38 PM

Another option is to sell your Jeep, pay back the money the taxpayers paid you, and finally, get a job.

PTWarrior66 03-10-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3JKs1H1 (Post 2125863)
Another option is to sell your Jeep, pay back the money the taxpayers paid you, and finally, get a job.

Give me your address so I can personally punch you in the face.

Barrie 03-10-2012 06:08 PM

I can see this is going nowhere but downhill.