Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   His and Her Jeeps? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/his-and-her-jeeps-145622.html)

woggie 03-11-2012 12:12 PM

His and Her Jeeps?

My wife has had her JK for a little over a year and she loves it. She would throw me a bone every so often and let me drive it but would always want it back after a few days. We made the final payment on my truck a few months ago and decided that I should get my own so I got my TJ last month. Now my truck sits in front of the house a alone http://www.lsjc.org/board/images/smilies/smile.gif

We have had a couple of friends tell us we are crazy for having "his and her jeeps" and it got us wondering, who else does? Our response has been the same to any that have given us grief - You obviously have never driven a jeep. It is a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!

We have not been able to get both the jeeps together outside of the garage until yesterday at a rainy baseball tournament. Not the best of picture but it is our first "family photo" though...

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...IMAG0194-1.jpg

coolbreeze 03-11-2012 12:19 PM

I wonder how long before she wants a good looking TJ :D

Plowboy1970 03-11-2012 12:21 PM

I am looking for Jeep #2 that has a D44 in the back to lift and play. I have a hard time keeping this one in the driveway for me!!!!! Nice pair you got there!!!!!

Michigunman 03-11-2012 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two in the family here. The hers is daughters. Jeeps are great family fun.

Green Bay TJ 03-11-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woggie (Post 2127929)
My wife has had her JK for a little over a year and she loves it. She would throw me a bone every so often and let me drive it but would always want it back after a few days. We made the final payment on my truck a few months ago and decided that I should get my own so I got my TJ last month. Now my truck sits in front of the house a alone http://www.lsjc.org/board/images/smilies/smile.gif

We have had a couple of friends tell us we are crazy for having "his and her jeeps" and it got us wondering, who else does? Our response has been the same to any that have given us grief - You obviously have never driven a jeep. It is a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand!

We have not been able to get both the jeeps together outside of the garage until yesterday at a rainy baseball tournament. Not the best of picture but it is our first "family photo" though...

Your TJ looks awesome compared the the JK. Don't tell your wife I said that, don't need her PO'd at me. We've owned jeeps since 1993. My TJ is 2000 (I got this on my birthday in late 1999); my wife's jeeps have been Grand Cherokees. My wife can't believe it when I tell her that I'd rather drive my TJ that shakes the p*$$ out of me than the GC. Currently on our 2nd GC (hers - this is jeep #4 for us) and my TJ (jeep #2). Jeep #1 was a Cherokee (mine) and jeep #3 was a GC (hers). She really did not want me to get the Cherokee, but changed her mind when we got heavy snow that winter.

NC10735285 03-11-2012 01:03 PM

Hummm started off as MY jeep - - however after she drove it a bit, it's now, unfortunately turned into OURS.

Likes she says - what's hers is hers - - what's mine is "Ours":banghead::banghead:

woggie 03-11-2012 01:09 PM

@Michigunman - That is great! My daughter wants one as well, she graduates HS this year and hints that it would be a great gift. I tell her good luck with that, best you will get is to drive mine!

@Green Bay TJ - I do like the TJs more than the JKs but that is a personal preference. I have to laugh though, I had to drive my truck the other day to haul some stuff and it was like driving in a luxury car compared to my TJ. Heck, just driving the JK is like that!

woggie 03-11-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC10735285 (Post 2128044)
Hummm started off as MY jeep - - however after she drove it a bit, it's now, unfortunately turned into OURS.

Likes she says - what's hers is hers - - what's mine is "Ours":banghead::banghead:

I tried that logic on the JK and she said nope, it is MINE. Get your own! Best thing in the world to happen!

Rubicon06Va 03-11-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woggie (Post 2127929)

Nice!, I didn't realize the huge difference in the hood styles until face-to-face snap-shot. I'm not just says this cause I own a "TJ", but the TJ Rubi looks awesome compared to the JK. :)

InfernoGirl 03-11-2012 01:22 PM

We have hers and his, and his, and his..... They are like Pokemon, you wanna have em all :) I got my TJ first, then he got the 2 door, then we got an XJ cause we needed 5 seats, and for Valentines day this year he got a 4 door Sport for the family vehicle.... The XJ is looking for a new home... :(

grizzly06 03-11-2012 01:27 PM

My wife has had her Jk for a little over a year....I just traded my truck for an 06 lj rubi...we have had 2 other tjs in the past and two willys, a liberty, and a grand

Everyone said I was crazy for getting rid of my f250 for a jeep....I still think I made the right choice for me.....I now have a smile on my face when I drive and don't mind getting lower mpg

Green Bay TJ 03-11-2012 02:49 PM

A lot of people just don't get it - it is a Jeep thing. We should consider ourselves lucky.

Rolf 03-11-2012 03:09 PM

We also have two.

His: 2003 Wrangler TJ Sahara
Hers: 2008 Patriot Limited 2.4 4x4

If all goes well within the next year or so the Patriot will be replaced with a JKU or a Grand Cherokee. The Patriot gets great gas mileage and we'll struggle finding another Jeep that gets close. My wife drives quite far to work every day so gas is a real issue.

dabolt55 03-11-2012 03:13 PM

here's ours..older pic of the TJ, new in avatar

sandbiker 03-11-2012 03:17 PM

Kinda strange..all the "his" jeeps are older than all the "hers" jeeps..:whistling:

Bobs Jeep 03-11-2012 03:20 PM

My wife drives the 2007 JK unlimited and I have the 2004 TJ. If we go on a trip or even to the store togeather we take the JK. Both have a 1" body lift with slightly bigger tires.

dabolt55 03-11-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandbiker (Post 2128349)
Kinda strange..all the "his" jeeps are older than all the "hers" jeeps..:whistling:

Yeah, the women have to ride in style, that was the only way for her to be driving a Jeep also..:thumb:

robbiecc 03-11-2012 04:58 PM

98 tj for me, 07 compass for her. like you, my poor pickup has been in 'storage status' the last 6 mo but with spring(and RV weather) comming the ole gal(04 2500hd crew cab 8.1L) will be put back to work towing the travel trailer. i'm waiting for the 70's to get here so i can put on the soft top and start taking the doors off/windows out.

charlieb 03-11-2012 05:33 PM

his and hers

Mine is a 02 wranler and hers an 07 liberty with all the bells and whistles.

fan of fanboys 03-11-2012 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have an 01 TJ and she has a 2012 GC.

We went to order her a 12 JKU but the creature comforts and extra safety got her ordering the GC instead. One day I'll prolly get a JK when the TJ has had enough.

My TJ is in neighbors driveway bc mine is only a single so she let's me park in hers.

SurfKaster 03-11-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan of fanboys (Post 2128728)
I have an 01 TJ and she has a 2012 GC.

We went to order her a 12 JKU but the creature comforts and extra safety got her ordering the GC instead. One day I'll prolly get a JK when the TJ has had enough.

My TJ is in neighbors driveway bc mine is only a single so she let's me park in hers.

Never owned a GC, but I REALLY like the new model.

fishband 03-11-2012 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started with the 97 tj...just added 06 rubi lj....yes we are partial to reds..me my wife and daughter share using them for club rides and weekend wheelin

fan of fanboys 03-11-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder Monkey

Never owned a GC, but I REALLY like the new model.

She had a Murano prior and she is loving the GC. We got heated leather, nav, panoramic sunroof. So far it's great.

woggie 03-11-2012 06:28 PM

Well it appears we are not as "crazy" as we were told. The only "his and hers" I could think of was InfernoGirl based on previous posts I had read. We still have the truck to pull the travel trailer and haul things but I would much rather drive around in the TJ!

Keep 'em coming!

fan of fanboys 03-11-2012 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh, and while not "his and hers" like your asking my son and our neighbors daughter both have jeeps and ride together almost daily.

woggie 03-11-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishband (Post 2128822)
Started with the 97 tj...just added 06 rubi lj....yes we are partial to reds..me my wife and daughter share using them for club rides and weekend wheelin

VERY nice pair! The wife told me I could not get a "yellow" one when we started looking for mine. Actually we were not really even looking when we found it which was even better!

woggie 03-11-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan of fanboys (Post 2128871)
Oh, and while not "his and hers" like your asking my son and our neighbors daughter both have jeeps and ride together almost daily.

Smart, start them while they are young and they will not want to drive anything else. No doors, topless, the ONLY way to drive!

fishband 03-11-2012 07:47 PM

Woggie, that is too funny...my wife insisted no yellow on both of our searches...

woggie 03-11-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishband (Post 2129173)
Woggie, that is too funny...my wife insisted no yellow on both of our searches...

Nah, she LOVES the yellow and said I would have to have my own color. She does not like the fact that someone at the end of our street has one!

I took this picture right after I got my TJ and thought I would put it up since some have pointed out how much different they look from the front. This view makes my butt look big :rofl:

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...J/IMAG0170.jpg

Sherpa 03-12-2012 10:39 PM

When I first began dating my wife, she told me how she had always dreamed of owning a yellow Jeep Wrangler with a manual transmission and a soft top. That's not the sort of thing you tell a car salesman unless you're serious--especially one who used to own a TJ and misses it terribly--so I tucked it away in memory. It took a few months (we were now engaged), but I eventually found a 2000 SE which met her criteria and also fit her budget... so we traded out of her Corolla and into the TJ in January of 2005.

Right away, I began applying pressure. "Let's do such-and-such lift along with such-and-such tires, etc etc etc." She wouldn't hear of it, as she didn't want me to 'ruin' her Jeep. She did have me install a budget boost, 31" Goodyear MT/Rs and a LockRite rear locker, but that was it. She wanted everything else to remain stock.

"Fine," I said. I quietly set about searching for another Wrangler to call my own. The very next month I found a clean 1997 Sahara automatic in great shape, so I traded my 2001 Camaro SS 6-speed for it. This was February of 2005.

In March of 2005, we got married. We had his-n-hers TJs for a full year until she changed jobs. She now had a longer commute and wanted something faster, so we swapped hers for a Grand Prix GTP. She has missed that yellow Jeep ever since; to this day, she calls attention to every one she sees in traffic.

Sorry, but I never took a single photo of our two Jeeps together. I have no idea why I didn't do this.