Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   OP Skid Plate (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/op-skid-plate-145685.html)

willee51 03-11-2012 06:18 PM

OP Skid Plate

................. any of you folks seen an "Oil Pan Skid Plate" for a 2012 JK, that does not require the removal of the oil pan :confused::confused:

Have spent HOURS under my Jeep the past few days: bolt replacement, exhaust extensions etc. and I swear the oil pan seems to be nothing more than a "beer can" painted black :banghead:

Fourtango 03-11-2012 06:50 PM

Check out the evo protek skid plates. There is a write up on project Jk

kbwwolf 03-11-2012 07:06 PM

That's what I'm gonna go with, the EVO Pro Tek skids. Here's a link, W:

EVO: Bumper/Armor/Skids, EVO MFG(5) ProTeK Skid System for 2012 Jeep JK Wranglers

This link shows the whole system, but you can buy just the oil pan skid, I think.

willee51 03-11-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2129011)

EVO: Bumper/Armor/Skids, EVO MFG(5) ProTeK Skid System for 2012 Jeep JK Wranglers

This link shows the whole system, but you can buy just the oil pan skid, I think.

Thanks for the info Wolfman! I was hoping to find one that did not require the removal of the oil pan to install (less of a hassel) :dance:

Also, from what I have found, at least for the 2012, it's a system, and at $400 :facepalm:

kbwwolf 03-11-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willee51 (Post 2129028)
Thanks for the info Wolfman! I was hoping to find one that did not require the removal of the oil pan to install (less of a hassel) :dance:

Also, from what I have found, at least for the 2012, it's a system, and at $400 :facepalm:

Here's some directions for installing the Pro Tek system...oil pan skid is first. But read through it before you decide. There's a couple of small things that could become big things, if done wrong. :D

I'd advise draining your oil before installing the skid, even though it's not done in this write up. Could very easily turn messy.

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource EVO MFG 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler ProTeK Skid System Installation Write-Up

RoobyRoo 03-11-2012 07:43 PM

I didn't drain the oil when I installed mine and had no issues. Just do it carefully and don't bump the pan too hard.

The oil skid can be purchased by itself so you don't have to get the entire system.

baldnezz 03-20-2012 08:39 PM

JCR skidplates

I'm also looking at JCR skid plates. They also have an exhuast loop skid. Haven't bought yet. Still in the research phase.

JcrOffroad, Inc. JK Wrangler Engine Skid Plate

SilverSport 03-20-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2129011)

Yup, the pan skid is available separately.
Off Road Evolution, Bumper/Armor/Skids