Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   MTZ or Claw TTC? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/mtz-or-claw-ttc-145869.html)

Kradel 03-12-2012 03:19 PM

MTZ or Claw TTC?

I cant decide which tire to go with. I really like the look of both so now im gonna have to base my decision on performance. its gonna be a 33 inch tire and mounted on mickey thompson black classic lock wheels. I was thinking that the claws cant really be rotated correctly so that will influence my decision as well. Either way the total of both wheel and tire setups are only $35 difference so my main worry is the performance. Any input will help, and if anyone has pictures of either setup that would be appreciated too.:thumb:

JeepSwag 03-12-2012 03:28 PM

I have the 33" MTZs on mine and those things are badass. They are worth every penny. Used them on wet roads, up to a foot of snow, icey roads, thick mud, sand. They just eat up everything in their path

cavediverjc 03-12-2012 03:41 PM

I ran the Claws on my TJ and loved 'em. Don't worry about rotating them, just swap the fronts to the back every time you change oil and you'll be fine. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better offroad tire out there. The ONLY thing I thought could be better about them is they're a tad noisy on the highway...but those tires weren't designed for the highway, just look at the tread. They SHINE offroad though. If you want proof, look at what a lot of the sanctioned rock crawling competitors are running...

Kradel 03-12-2012 04:12 PM

The main thing im concerned with is that its my daily driver so i want a comfortable ride, and i need them to perform well in snow, rain, or mud, ice or anything i might throw at them.

Wralph 03-12-2012 04:47 PM

Basically no ONE tire can satisfy all of the above. What I mean is that there is no tread that can provide great performance in all types of terrain and then be comfortable on pavement as well.

That said I think the MTZ would suite you better since it seems that your main concern is comfort, and personally I found the MTZ to be much more street friendly than the Claw.

But, since my rig is a daily driver as well, I must recommend the Interco Trxus MT, which I now believe is one of the best all-rounders out there. The hum is not the worst you ever heard, ice and snow traction is perfect, mud dissipation is OK, and wet pavement traction and comfort are excellent.

Kradel 03-12-2012 05:59 PM

I know there is no supertire that is perfect for everything, though it would be quite nice. I just want an aggressive look but nothing thats going to be to loud or aggressive for daily road use. im thinking the MTZ is going to be the better choice. I appreciate all the input!

Coryb426 03-12-2012 11:10 PM

I have the mtz on my jku and they are a sweet tire

Kradel 03-13-2012 06:40 PM

Yeah i think thats what im going to go with. Now to save up the funds for 5 of them and wheels.