Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Rancho Rock Gear Rear Door (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rancho-rock-gear-rear-door-145885.html)

Casotakar1229 03-12-2012 05:07 PM

Rancho Rock Gear Rear Door
 
Has anyone used or currently uses the following or heard anything about it:

Rancho RS6207B - RANCHO® RockGEAR™ Rear Door Cover Plate for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I am not going to be getting a 5th tire/wheel yet and do not want to keep the 3rd brake light/spare tire carrier on the back. I am also open to alternatives and I don't really want to relocate my license plate there. Any ideas, thoughts, criticisms? Thanks.

kbwwolf 03-12-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 (Post 2132281)
Has anyone used or currently uses the following or heard anything about it:

Rancho RS6207B - RANCHO® RockGEAR™ Rear Door Cover Plate for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I am not going to be getting a 5th tire/wheel yet and do not want to keep the 3rd brake light/spare tire carrier on the back. I am also open to alternatives and I don't really want to relocate my license plate there. Any ideas, thoughts, criticisms? Thanks.

Here's a cooler looking alternative:

Jeep JK Tailgate Protection | JK Tailgate Armor | JK Tramp Stamp | Poison Spyder Customs

And WF member 4fit recently posted this link and photo to fill in the bump stop holes when you (foolishly, IMO) go without a spare. :)

What a lot of people do is just install the bolts back into the holes from the stock tire carrier. For the bumpstop holes, many just use plugs that you can pick up from Lowes or Home Depot. But, if it were me, I would go with the Vector Offroad UFOs.

http://www.vectoroffroad.com/images/rearufo.jpg

Casotakar1229 03-12-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2132315)
Here's a cooler looking alternative:

Jeep JK Tailgate Protection | JK Tailgate Armor | JK Tramp Stamp | Poison Spyder Customs

And WF member 4fit recently posted this link and photo to fill in the bump stop holes when you (foolishly, IMO) go without a spare. :)

What a lot of people do is just install the bolts back into the holes from the stock tire carrier. For the bumpstop holes, many just use plugs that you can pick up from Lowes or Home Depot. But, if it were me, I would go with the Vector Offroad UFOs.

Thanks. I won't be without a spare for more than 2 months, but I still wanted something in the meanwhile to cover it up. The spider plate looks like it requires drilling extra holes in the gate...which I am not willing to do lol. I'll go to lowe's and get the plugs/stoppers for now.

kbwwolf 03-12-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 (Post 2132372)
Thanks. I won't be without a spare for more than 2 months, but I still wanted something in the meanwhile to cover it up. The spider plate looks like it requires drilling extra holes in the gate...which I am not willing to do lol. I'll go to lowe's and get the plugs/stoppers for now.

I don't blame you. I missed this part in the description:

"Easily installs with supplied pop-rivets." :cool:

Casotakar1229 03-13-2012 12:59 AM

did my own tonight for $24 dollars. once I get to the paint shop and put a decal of choice on it, I'll post up pictures. decided to have a little fun and put something on my jeep with my personal touch.

CalienteDookie 03-13-2012 01:59 AM

Rusty's offroad has a nice looking plate & it's cheap to too. Somewhere around $30.

StaceyOverbeck 03-13-2012 03:05 AM

once I get to the paint shop and put a decal of choice on it
http://www.australialuxe.info/013-1.jpg

Casotakar1229 03-13-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalienteDookie (Post 2134280)
Rusty's offroad has a nice looking plate & it's cheap to too. Somewhere around $30.

Thanks, it's 24.99 without shipping, found it online. I will keep that in my if my DIY doesn't turn out the way I wanted it to :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.