Led taillight problem
i installed rear led tails and front led turn signals.
heres my problem:
b4 i wired em up, i tested the bare wires to see which were turn, stop, parking, etc... and everything worked fine. but now after i wired em all together and finished up, they dont turn on when i put my parking lights or headlights. stop and turn signals work fine but i cant drive it at night b/c the tailights dont come on with the headlights.
does anyone know wqhat could be wriong? i double checked my wiring with the thing obn stui-offroad and evertghing is wired fine so i dont know what it is and i need to fix this fast :D!
thanks in advance for any help,
The front turn signals in the TJs are a bit tricky. I still don't have the parking lights working (but they do blink when turning) in the front, but the rears I didn't have any issues with. You did use the 3 wire pigtail for both, right? And you have a good ground in the rear? Also, did you ground the fronts? Try pulling the ground wire (I know, sounds dumb, but like I said, the fronts are tricky/weird). That is where I would start. Good luck.
Try switching what you think are the flasher and the regular light. I seem to remember I had the same problem last set I wired up. Also double check to make sure you have a good ground on them. I thought I had a problem like that too on stock tail lights until Hackle reminded me the stock lights ground on the tub, but LED's won't.
With Voltmeter/Ohm meter
Process of elimination friend.....
1. Remove one tailight again.
2. Test same wires for power with (running/headlamps on/off) at rear
3. Results??? As far as voltage readings???
4. No voltage at rear tells you.....Bad wiring....use probe to ground light!!!
5. Brake lights applied.....No running lights.....Light Switch!!!
6. Signals only work when running lights off??? or headlights???Check for miswiring shorting may be occuring. That you have done...
7. Shorting may also be occuring further up near the instrument panel...
My suggestions. I will and can get you through that.:zap:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.