Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Soccer Soccer Soccer!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/soccer-soccer-soccer-146002.html)

BT 03-12-2012 11:10 PM

Soccer Soccer Soccer!!!

Spent today watching several different matches from the MLS here in America, to the Barclays Premier League in the U.K. I've been playing soccer since I was a wee little Jeeper. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Any other footballers/fans out there?

Jeep_Gypsy 03-12-2012 11:27 PM

Yep, I'm here. I like Sporting K.C. and love West Ham the greatest football team ever.
I play pick up games with just about anyone I can.

BT 03-12-2012 11:47 PM

From Ohio, so obviously a Crew fan! and I like the Reds! Come on Man United!!! I'm playing in an indoor league now(season almost over) and I have my first outdoor game in a 7v7 Rec league in Columbus.

BT 03-13-2012 11:35 PM

Barclays is coming to an end soon, who will win the whole shooting match?

Toejam 03-14-2012 01:19 AM

Soccer a sport???? LMAO

XJ Knight 03-14-2012 01:41 AM

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...w_sleeping.gif

BrianTG 03-14-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ Knight (Post 2138196)
:include:

:whistling:

Nic of HJP 03-14-2012 02:02 AM

More of a sport than baseball. I'm a dynamo fan and season ticket holder.

HverbeckCtacey 03-14-2012 02:38 AM

I'm playing in an indoor league now
http://www.australialuxe.info/013-1.jpg

BT 03-14-2012 10:07 AM

Hell yea it's a sport! If Golf is a sport. Soccer is a sport. It's one of the hardest sports to participate in and do well! play for a full 90 minutes with a 5 minute rest in between halves and tell me how easy soccer is. I love Baseball and Football but Soccer is my favorite sport. More knee and ankle injures come from soccer than any other sport.

Tonycrd 03-14-2012 10:22 AM

There's actualy a 15 minute break in between halves. I watch Barça every now and then.

Can't say soccer is my favorite sport due to all the drama involved. In football, you get hit and get over it. Next play you get even, or score. You don't roll on the ground crying like a little girl.

TyJeep97 03-14-2012 10:37 AM

Glory Glory Man United!! I got an indoor and outdoor league going right now!! its the only thing that gets about as much time as my Jeep does!!

BT 03-14-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonycrd (Post 2139209)
There's actualy a 15 minute break in between halves. I watch Barça every now and then.

Can't say soccer is my favorite sport due to all the drama involved. In football, you get hit and get over it. Next play you get even, or score. You don't roll on the ground crying like a little girl.

Pro soccer yes. Every league I've played in was about 5 minutes.

That is one thing I hate. People who cry about getting bumped..but that comes with the game. I am a goal keeper and I charge a lot! I've made hits on strikers that would make a line backer jealous..I've also taken some of those hits.

It's a really old picture from 8th grade but I ran out to charge a striker and slid to snag the ball and she..yes SHE went to kick the ball and got my head instead. Knocked me out cold.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/.../goose_egg.jpg
This was taken about 5 minuets after it happened.

BT 07-15-2013 04:10 PM

Decided to revive this thread for kicks and giggles...<---see what I did there? Getting ready to start practices with the middle school team. I've gone from playing the game I love to teaching it to some bright talented athletes. Never thought coaching would be this fun.

BlueRidgeYJ 07-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bta2011 (Post 2139173)
Hell yea it's a sport! If Golf is a sport. Soccer is a sport. It's one of the hardest sports to participate in and do well! play for a full 90 minutes with a 5 minute rest in between halves and tell me how easy soccer is. I love Baseball and Football but Soccer is my favorite sport. More knee and ankle injures come from soccer than any other sport.

If golf counts so does skiing, which took one knee from me. Just sayin... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bta2011 (Post 3965223)
Decided to revive this thread for kicks and giggles...<---see what I did there? Getting ready to start practices with the middle school team. I've gone from playing the game I love to teaching it to some bright talented athletes. Never thought coaching would be this fun.

Yes, I do. Lol.

Kudos for bringing your passion to the next generation so that they, too, may pass it on.

I always enjoyed soccer. It is complex, like baseball, while simple, like football, and continuous, like hockey. Amazing that 'futbol' and formula one are the two most popular sports in the world, and are about as popular as water polo here. Lol.

sonofabeach 07-15-2013 06:44 PM

I hate Soccer...but the fans sure do know how to riot.

BT 07-16-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ (Post 3965687)

If golf counts so does skiing, which took one knee from me. Just sayin... ;)

Yes, I do. Lol.

Kudos for bringing your passion to the next generation so that they, too, may pass it on.

I always enjoyed soccer. It is complex, like baseball, while simple, like football, and continuous, like hockey. Amazing that 'futbol' and formula one are the two most popular sports in the world, and are about as popular as water polo here. Lol.

Soccer is growing in popularity here in the states. Which to me is great. It's a great sport. Skiing is rough. I tried it once and I never thought it would be that hard. I can't wait to go again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabeach (Post 3965704)
I hate Soccer...but the fans sure do know how to riot.

Just curious, why do you hate soccer? Have you seen hockey fans riot? O___o

BlueRidgeYJ 07-16-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bta2011 (Post 3968204)

Or basketball fans win? :rofl:

krisbman 07-16-2013 07:52 PM

Love soccer( futbol) my fav team is Liverpool but my favorite player is Fernando Torres... EL NINO!!! I love watching any team play to tell you the truth. Love watching Ronaldo play aside from all his flopping, love watching Balotelli and his modestness, hah ha. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is another great player to watch. Soo many great players on just about every team. Have to be honest i suppose, my absolute favorite is watching my sons team play and I cant wait for this upcoming school year as he will be a senior and he is their top striker. Took state two years back!!!

krisbman 07-16-2013 07:58 PM

Most people who dont like soccer dont have the attention span for a play lasting more than 12 seconds.

BT 07-16-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeYJ (Post 3969669)

Or basketball fans win? :rofl:

I think sports fans in general can be crazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbman (Post 3969820)
Love soccer( futbol) my fav team is Liverpool but my favorite player is Fernando Torres... EL NINO!!! I love watching any team play to tell you the truth. Love watching Ronaldo play aside from all his flopping, love watching Balotelli and his modestness, hah ha. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is another great player to watch. Soo many great players on just about every team. Have to be honest i suppose, my absolute favorite is watching my sons team play and I cant wait for this upcoming school year as he will be a senior and he is their top striker. Took state two years back!!!

That's good to hear. Wayne Rooney and Tim Howard are my favorite players. Actually...and Hope Solo she is crazy good...and crazy good lookin lol

krisbman 07-16-2013 09:15 PM

Garreth Bale is probabyl my 2nd favorite

sonofabeach 07-17-2013 06:18 AM

Just curious, why do you hate soccer? Have you seen hockey fans riot? O___o[/QUOTE]
I just find it boring to watch, that's all. I don't like hockey or Nascar either for the same reason. Just my opinion.

BT 07-17-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabeach (Post 3971357)

I just find it boring to watch, that's all. I don't like hockey or Nascar either for the same reason. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

At least you don't hate it for some bull shit reason. Most people say that hate soccer because it's not as physical as American football.

whetstone 07-17-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbman (Post 3969843)
Most people who dont like soccer dont have the attention span for a play lasting more than 12 seconds.

Condescending much?

BT 07-18-2013 09:17 PM

Had our second voluntary practice today. It looks like some of these kids haven't stopped practicing all off season.

krisbman 07-18-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bta2011 (Post 3978361)
Had our second voluntary practice today. It looks like some of these kids haven't stopped practicing all off season.

You a coach, and if so for what bracket?

SmugglersBlues 07-18-2013 09:45 PM

I dont really watch it but my father in law lives for it. He also does something for the New England Revolution. Not sure what though. My two favorite sports to watch are drag racing and bull riding. Guess my A D D wins lol.

_3m 07-20-2013 08:25 AM

Huge football fan, i support Manchester Untied, Real Madrid , Juventus, PSG, Dortmund , and Shamrock Rovers. Each in their respective league. Don't really get into the MLS all that much, I guess subconsciously I still view it as a start up league. I still play twice a week when I'm home too

BT 07-29-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbman (Post 3978374)

You a coach, and if so for what bracket?

I coach the middle school team where I grew up. Kinda full circle thing since that's where I realty took off as a player and really started to love the game.