Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Connecticut Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/)
-   -   Warm weather (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/warm-weather-146222.html)

jeepydg14 03-13-2012 10:30 PM

Warm weather
 
How are my CT peeps enjoying this lovely weather?!

:wavey:

Peepers 03-14-2012 07:56 AM

I'm tearing my motorcycle apart and upgrading / fixing all the little things wrong with it, so I can get out and safely enjoy this lovely weather. I just hope this doesn't mean were going to be having 100+ degree summer days...

Arebee 03-14-2012 10:32 AM

Loving it! I'm swapping out the tops this weekend!

Chick86 03-14-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arebee (Post 2139238)
Loving it! I'm swapping out the tops this weekend!

Ah I'm jealous! Has anyone ever put a soft top on a TJ? I'm dying to get mine on, especially since last year I never got to. So- just wondering what's in store when I do it...

Z0827 03-14-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chick86 (Post 2139309)
Ah I'm jealous! Has anyone ever put a soft top on a TJ? I'm dying to get mine on, especially since last year I never got to. So- just wondering what's in store when I do it...

As long as you have all of the hardware, and the top is already attached to the frame, it is pretty easy to do.

Chick86 03-14-2012 11:20 AM

Yep it's attached already and I'm pretty sure all the hardware is there (fingers crossed). It just seems pretty intimidating to me lol

Z0827 03-14-2012 12:14 PM

In this thread there is a helpful video to install it.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/2000...on-113289.html

If you still need help I'm sure myself or someone else on here can give you a hand. I haven't done it in a while but would definitely give you a hand.

Chick86 03-14-2012 01:50 PM

That video is helpful! And thank you for offering to help me, it would be great to have someone there who know what to do :)

jeepydg14 03-14-2012 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 104821

Yup, it's been a beautiful day!!! :)

Z0827 03-14-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepydg14 (Post 2140014)
Attachment 104821

Yup, it's been a beautiful day!!! :)

This picture must be from TGI Friday's on the Berlin turnpike haha.

jeepydg14 03-14-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z0827

This picture must be from TGI Friday's on the Berlin turnpike haha.

Ha! Your good!!

kjeeper10 03-14-2012 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had my FP's off :)

kjeeper10 03-14-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chick86

Ah I'm jealous! Has anyone ever put a soft top on a TJ? I'm dying to get mine on, especially since last year I never got to. So- just wondering what's in store when I do it...

Need help? . Owned a Tj :)

Z0827 03-14-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepydg14 (Post 2140361)
Ha! Your good!!

I had/have friends that go there quite a bit so that Lazyboy building in the background is burned in my head.

jeepydg14 03-14-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z0827

I had/have friends that go there quite a bit so that Lazyboy building in the background is burned in my head.

Haha too funny!

Peepers 03-14-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chick86 (Post 2139309)
Ah I'm jealous! Has anyone ever put a soft top on a TJ? I'm dying to get mine on, especially since last year I never got to. So- just wondering what's in store when I do it...

I've got a TJ... Can't be that bad. Or at least it doesn't look that bad from the last time I tried to take my top off.

Sueby 03-16-2012 03:11 PM

I'm a wuss - till it hits at least a steady 75 my top stays on! I was thinking of swapping the doors & putting the softies on, we'll see I guess. I heard a couple guys talking about 80 next week. :o

I had a guy pull up next to me at a stoplight on Wednesday - topless & COMPLETELY covered in mud! Someone played hooky & had a good time!

wedu22 03-17-2012 09:15 AM

To Grey to day to swap (again:rofl:)...might swap out tomorrow for the better weather that is to come.:thumb:

Sueby 03-17-2012 04:34 PM

Well the sun finally came out - I think tomorrow might be better but I did pull my soft doors down from the loft in the garage & put up my door hangers. I'm so ready!

I also cleaned, vac'd & took the Jeep to the car wash. Man the carpets suck. I so need to bedline it. Does anyone know of anyone in or near CT that does bedlining/herculine/linex, etc?

jeepydg14 03-17-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby
Well the sun finally came out - I think tomorrow might be better but I did pull my soft doors down from the loft in the garage & put up my door hangers. I'm so ready!

I also cleaned, vac'd & took the Jeep to the car wash. Man the carpets suck. I so need to bedline it. Does anyone know of anyone in or near CT that does bedlining/herculine/linex, etc?

I'm sad, I'm going to Cali on vacation and it's suppose to be colder there than in CT :( ... Going to miss my jeep!!!!!


As for the bed lining, I'm not sure but I'm really debating doing it and doing it myself...

Sueby 03-17-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepydg14

I'm sad, I'm going to Cali on vacation and it's suppose to be colder there than in CT :( ... Going to miss my jeep!!!!!

As for the bed lining, I'm not sure but I'm really debating doing it and doing it myself...

VACATION!!! It beats work and that's really all that matters plus the weather anywhere in Cali can't be that bad! Have fun!

I can't tell you how bad I want to bed line it. But there is no way I can do the work myself, I need to find someone who will take all my money & do it all. ;)

Texas10Sahara 03-17-2012 05:00 PM

Warm Weather
 
Its been in the high 70s, low 80s all week and I would have normally taken the hard top off and put the soft top for spring, but I ordered a new jeep and this one will be traded in. I couldn't see making the swap for 6 to 8 weeks...I sure hope it gets here in that time frame....it's killing me to leave the hard top on in this kind of weather. Took the t-tops off today while running around.

Z0827 03-17-2012 08:11 PM

I just did the bedliner myself. Very easy to do if you take your time doing the prep work. I went with Monstaliner and couldn't be any happier. There is a Line-x dealer in Waterbury that could do it. I had my truck's bed done there and it came out awesome, but is not cheap to have done.

Arebee 03-17-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chick86 (Post 2139309)
Ah I'm jealous! Has anyone ever put a soft top on a TJ? I'm dying to get mine on, especially since last year I never got to. So- just wondering what's in store when I do it...

Did you get your soft top on? The hardest part is lifting the hard top off. I'm in Farmington and if we can get another local grunt, we get this done in a heartbeat.

I don't have a TJ, but it can't be much different than my JK. I have a hoist that I built to take the top off and after that, I had the top screwed on and windows zipped up in just about 30 minutes.

Did you buy an aftermarket top?

Z0827 03-17-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arebee

Did you get your soft top on? The hardest part is lifting the hard top off. I'm in Farmington and if we can get another local grunt, we get this done in a heartbeat.

I don't have a TJ, but it can't be much different than my JK. I have a hoist that I built to take the top off and after that, I had the top screwed on and windows zipped up in just about 30 minutes.

Did you buy an aftermarket top?

Yes, the hardest part is definitely removing the hard top.

What did you build the hoist out of? Im thinking about doing something like that.

Peepers 03-17-2012 09:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

1/3 of the way there! Its in pieces!

Just need to clean, replace, and/or reseal everything, then put it back together with all the new parts!

:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Sueby 03-18-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z0827
I just did the bedliner myself. Very easy to do if you take your time doing the prep work. I went with Monstaliner and couldn't be any happier. There is a Line-x dealer in Waterbury that could do it. I had my truck's bed done there and it came out awesome, but is not cheap to have done.

Oh cool - I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

edit - just sent them a request for a quote & asked if they can do all the prep. Unfortunately I can't do it - my backs all tweaked after my crash last Aug.

Another Guy In A Jeep 03-18-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z0827 (Post 2139359)
As long as you have all of the hardware, and the top is already attached to the frame, it is pretty easy to do.

Id hardly call it hardware, thats such an intimidating word. Just called it 6 bolts :rofl: I store my soft top and frame separately. Its super easy to do and pretty much common sense. :thumb:

Arebee 03-18-2012 02:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z0827 (Post 2151651)
Yes, the hardest part is definitely removing the hard top.

What did you build the hoist out of? Im thinking about doing something like that.

I bought a 400 lb. game hoist from Cabela's for $99, plus $100 in hardware from Lowe's and finished it in one day. Here's a couple of pics. The tie down straps you see are just insurance.

Z0827 03-18-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby

Oh cool - I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

edit - just sent them a request for a quote & asked if they can do all the prep. Unfortunately I can't do it - my backs all tweaked after my crash last Aug.

They should do the prep (they did for my truck), but may ask that you take the interior out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.