Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Condensation question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/condensation-question-14687.html)

hedonist 01-10-2008 09:53 PM

Condensation question

I couldn't wait.

I took the hard top off today and just went topless with the doors off. I was freezing my cheeks off but boy, was it the ride of my life.

Question: I don't think I want to put the hard top back on for awhile cuz this jeepin' naked is just too much fun. The car is outside but covered all the time.

Will the moisture in the air ruin any electrical stuff or gauge thingys?

I cover the car and I put a towel over the stereo. My cover is waterproof. O yea, I put on a bikini top but I think I want to take that off too.

sgnellett 01-10-2008 09:56 PM

Nah, it should be fine, mine sits out for days on end w/ just the trail cover on in the summer, and the humidity here can be worse than the rain!

Smeghead 01-10-2008 10:19 PM

I need a cover thats TOTALLY waterproof, preferably one that only covers the roll cage. Any recommendations?
I too want to leave my top off (and half door uppers) during the summer and overnight and I need it to totally repell water, not just be 'somewhat resistant' Ive got one of those and it sucks.

Triple88a 01-10-2008 10:39 PM

how about using a very big nylon sheet from a very big garbage bag or something?

also smeghead look into a bikini top.

compshooter 01-11-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeghead (Post 180867)
I need a cover thats TOTALLY waterproof, preferably one that only covers the roll cage. Any recommendations?
I too want to leave my top off (and half door uppers) during the summer and overnight and I need it to totally repell water, not just be 'somewhat resistant' Ive got one of those and it sucks.

100% waterproof cover: It's called a garage.

Triple88a 01-11-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compshooter (Post 180908)
It's called a garage.

You still get condensation.. Gotta go with a brick garage... :punk:

jjseel 01-11-2008 02:05 AM

I run the bikini during the summer because it is hotter than hell at stop lights and in traffic, sometimes, I get rained on, but it only is aggravating having a wet butt. Fall, Winter, and Spring (rainy Seasons) I go with the top off, but attached, ready to put up, in case of rain (with the windows wrapped, and rolled, in a flannel sheet). I have not experienced any problems due to moisture, except for a little mildew (really wet Spring last year)

Smeghead 01-11-2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compshooter (Post 180908)
100% waterproof cover: It's called a garage.

I aint got one smartypants!
I guess ill just keep the softtop attached, I dont think the bikini top will keep it dry overnight in a big thunderstorm.

jjseel 01-11-2008 02:53 AM

No, it won't. But, for about a c-note, you can get a cover that will take care of your storage problem. I want one, but am spending the cash in other directions at this time...

foxinthemudd 01-11-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedonist (Post 180849)
I couldn't wait.

I took the hard top off today and just went topless with the doors off. I was freezing my cheeks off but boy, was it the ride of my life.

Question: I don't think I want to put the hard top back on for awhile cuz this jeepin' naked is just too much fun. The car is outside but covered all the time.

Will the moisture in the air ruin any electrical stuff or gauge thingys?

I cover the car and I put a towel over the stereo. My cover is waterproof. O yea, I put on a bikini top but I think I want to take that off too.

DAMN, he said CAR twice in this paragraph and I believe that this is his second or third offence... I really vote to ban him now :D

look into a trail cover they are usually the way to go if your lookin to keep the Jeep uncovered :flipoff:

Dare2BSquare 01-11-2008 12:52 PM

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11186_217_07.htm

Smeghead 01-11-2008 03:16 PM

Thanks THAT ^^ is what im gonna get for my 4 wheeled internal combustion powered conveyance.

machine 01-20-2008 09:31 PM

i know neoprene is "water resistant", but how much so? also, are there any water proof seat covers out there? just take a towel with you when you go somewhere and wipe off the water from the water proofed the seat to prevent soaked butt.

binaryking 01-20-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeghead (Post 180867)

www.jeepcovers.com

I run this cover from March 1st to the beginning of November in PA. Works great. Mine is now almost 4 years old. Never had a problem. Very durable. Covers the doors too.