Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Washing My Jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/washing-my-jeep-147.html)

WillysJeepOwner 05-19-2005 03:11 PM

Washing My Jeep

Hi,

I wanted to get some opinions on washing jeeps. I'm thinking of getting my Soft Top Jeep washed at a hand car wash place. I take my other car there and those guys are good. What do you guys think? I'm concerned about the soft top being damaged by the soap they use.

Thanks,
Danny

khenderson 05-19-2005 04:04 PM

i found that a pressure washer works great on soft tops. but just soapy water and a good fairly stiff bristled brush will do just fine...no sense in paying someone else to do it if you can....that's my thinking anyway.

JeepCrawler98 05-19-2005 08:07 PM

The soft top will be fine. If you want to do it yourself - what I do to make it really as black as the day I got it is use oxy clean and a dishwashing brush and a few wet rags. Time consuming, but the results are amazing!

amerijeep 05-19-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCrawler98
what I do to make it really as black as the day

How black is day? I bet your top isn't spice. :p

I guess I could wash my soft top. I'd hate to go digging around in the storage shed for it though. Probably behind those pesky doors.

daddyjeep 05-20-2005 10:56 PM

I still don't understand....your are supposed to wash these things?

Rubojeep 05-21-2005 04:50 AM

Just take the top off and dont worry

amerijeep 05-21-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubojeep
Just take the top off and dont worry

Oh yeah! You said it!! When I think it's time to wash my top, I'll have to knock the dust off it.

highryder08 06-15-2005 10:55 PM

for my top i use purple power....i think thats what its called...just wet your top....spray it on, scrub, then rinse REAL WELL.....its also real cheap too!

jeeptales 06-16-2005 12:41 PM

Soaps for top

I have used Simpel Green.

It works well for my tan top.

My top has not been up since I got back from the Palo Duro Jeep Jamboree.

I'll bet it still has all the Fine Red Dust on it.

I think I'll clean it tonight before the Spurs Game.

Blwndr83 06-17-2005 08:00 PM

I have used pledge on my windows after I have washed them with soap and water.

The pledge puts a nice waxy protectin on it....shines them up real nice also!!

1BLKJP 06-17-2005 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCrawler98
The soft top will be fine. If you want to do it yourself - what I do to make it really as black as the day I got it is use oxy clean and a dishwashing brush and a few wet rags. Time consuming, but the results are amazing!

Dude, i've wheeled with you and have seen your jeep. Why on earth would you spend all of that time on the softop? :D

AZdezert 07-12-2005 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blwndr83
I have used pledge on my windows after I have washed them with soap and water.

The pledge puts a nice waxy protectin on it....shines them up real nice also!!

Wow...I would think Pledge would smear em? Thats really interesting! :)

whiteyj 07-13-2005 02:53 PM

Ya mean you actually put the top on it? I thought the top was for taking up space in the garage with the half doors, etc.

amerijeep 07-13-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj
Ya mean you actually put the top on it? I thought the top was for taking up space in the garage with the half doors, etc.

That's what I'm talking about! I'll probably have to hire a detective to find mine when winter sets in.