Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Quoted for Sport S model, what is the $250 PREP charge? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/quoted-for-sport-s-model-what-is-the-250-prep-charge-147067.html)

tlminh 03-18-2012 02:31 AM

Quoted for Sport S model, what is the $250 PREP charge?
 
1st Post, Hopefully will be a JKU owner soon

Got a quote from ENCS (military sales). I am currently stationed in Asia but will be heading back to states soon

I am looking for a JKU Sport S model
Only option would be Auto transmission

so this is what I got from a military dealer . . .
MSRP 25,545 (base model)
DFRT 900 (destination)
PREP 250 (Delivery Point Processing Service)
DGJ 1,125 (Auto Trans)
24S 2,245 (Sport S Trim : Power windows, locks, 17 wheels, etc)

Total MSRP is 30,065
They quoted me 28,470.50 with all the rebates, no TTL

How does this compare to what you guys are getting?
Also, what in the world is the PREP charge? I've never heard of it. Are you guys paying for a PREP charge on your jeep?

swamprat70785 03-18-2012 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlminh
1st Post, Hopefully will be a JKU owner soon

Got a quote from ENCS (military sales). I am currently stationed in Asia but will be heading back to states soon

I am looking for a JKU Sport S model
Only option would be Auto transmission

so this is what I got from a military dealer . . .
MSRP 25,545 (base model)
DFRT 900 (destination)
PREP 250 (Delivery Point Processing Service)
DGJ 1,125 (Auto Trans)
24S 2,245 (Sport S Trim : Power windows, locks, 17 wheels, etc)

Total MSRP is 30,065
They quoted me 28,470.50 with all the rebates, no TTL

How does this compare to what you guys are getting?
Also, what in the world is the PREP charge? I've never heard of it. Are you guys paying for a PREP charge on your jeep?

Prep charge is BS!! Its just taking the plastic off the jeep washing it and checking fluids... I don't pay for the delivery charge either unless I special order it..

Renegade4x4 03-18-2012 07:19 AM

I paid 29200 two months ago with no rebates. I had the same options as you plus side steps and Bluetooth. You can probably do a little better. I used truecar.com. did my financing by myself withmy credit union.

dabolt55 03-18-2012 07:26 AM

I believe a lot of stuff on there is just $$$$$ for them, but it is difficult for them to come off the price that much, knowing there is probably someone right behind you waiting to buy the Jeep also. Especially a new one sitting on the lot with it's value on it... All we can do is act tougher than them and see where it takes us.. Good luck though and post pics when you decide..:thumb:

cmg427 03-18-2012 09:11 AM

I think most people are getting 10-13% off msrp so that seems a little high. Never heard of prep fee but have heard of doc fee which may be pretty much the same thing. Most dealers have that and $250 is about right. You should join tread lightly and look at USSA pricing since your in the military. I wouldnt think you would be paying more then 27k at most

termite 03-18-2012 09:19 AM

That's just a dealer fee. It could also be listed as a doc fee.

Magnum 03-18-2012 09:26 AM

I second using USAA, I paid close to that for my Sport S but have a few more features like bluetooth connectivity group, limited slip diff, towing package and evic.

The dealer prep charge is totally negotiable. It is for removing the shipping plastic and washing the vehicle for delivery.

Good luck!

pdubois64 03-18-2012 10:05 AM

I got 11% off MSRP (all fees included, dest charge was $1500) on my Sport. So in your case that would be $26758. That price quote seems a bit high.

Casotakar1229 03-18-2012 10:51 AM

try to keep getting them down. the first offer they give is NEVER the last offer. I spend almost and hour haggling with my dealer non-stop with my trade in and their new jk. and thank you for your service. good luck with the purchase.

Up Hill Bill 03-18-2012 12:12 PM

Dealer prep is already paid for in MSRP. It's listed on the Factory Wholesale Invoice as 'PDI' Ask the dealer what they are charging for doing that is not already included in PDI....

And that quoted price isn't very good. Check with USAA, you'll get a better deal.

Tannman 03-18-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlminh (Post 2152214)
1st Post, Hopefully will be a JKU owner soon

Got a quote from ENCS (military sales). I am currently stationed in Asia but will be heading back to states soon

I am looking for a JKU Sport S model
Only option would be Auto transmission

so this is what I got from a military dealer . . .
MSRP 25,545 (base model)
DFRT 900 (destination)
PREP 250 (Delivery Point Processing Service)
DGJ 1,125 (Auto Trans)
24S 2,245 (Sport S Trim : Power windows, locks, 17 wheels, etc)

Total MSRP is 30,065
They quoted me 28,470.50 with all the rebates, no TTL

How does this compare to what you guys are getting?
Also, what in the world is the PREP charge? I've never heard of it. Are you guys paying for a PREP charge on your jeep?

You can do better. I got a quote in Montana for a Sport S with your options and a couple more for $26,900.

Up Hill Bill 03-18-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannman (Post 2152971)
You can do better. I got a quote in Montana for a Sport S with your options and a couple more for $26,900.

Check truecar.com to see what you can do on your own:

100% Haggle-Free New Car Price Quotes from Local Dealers - TrueCar

71K5 03-18-2012 12:38 PM

My Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl 2012 JK Sport window stickered for $26985 on Black Friday. They gave it to me for $1k below Dealer invoice of $25800. So it was $24800. Then I got a military discount(wife Navy Res Officer) of $500. So I got the JK for $24300.

Options:

Base Price $22045
Uconnect Connectivity $460
Black Appearance Group $730
5 speed Auto $1125
Air Conditioning $895
Black 3 piece Hard Top $735
Sirius Sat 1 yr $195
3.73 Gears $0
Destination Charge $800
________
Total Price $26985
Actual Price Paid $24300
________
Approx. Discount 9.95%

Tannman 03-18-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannman (Post 2152971)
You can do better. I got a quote in Montana for a Sport S with your options and a couple more for $26,900.

Look at this one for comparison: Amarillo, TX 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport New SUV Albuquerque, NM Oklahoma City, OK Texas Dodge

Here is the Window Sticker: http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...AJWAG0CL163931

Tannman 03-18-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71K5 (Post 2153024)
My 12 JK Sport window stickered for $26985 on Black Friday. They gave it to me for $1k below Dealer invoice of $25800. So it was $24800. Then I got a military discount(wife Navy Res Officer) of $500. So I got the JK for $24300.

Options:

Base Price $22045
Uconnect Connectivity $460
Black Appearance Group $730
5 speed Auto $1125
Air Conditioning $895
Black 3 piece Hard Top $735
Sirius Sat 1 yr $195
Destination Charge $800
________
Total Price $26985
Actual Price Paid $24300
________
Approx. Discount 9.95%

Do you mind telling me which dealer? I live in nearby Montana and plan to buy soon.

dazone 03-18-2012 12:43 PM

I paid 27,000 on my sport with S package. sticker price was 29 grand.
Another dealership went as low as 26,000 sport S package.
both automatic

71K5 03-18-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannman (Post 2153036)
Do you mind telling me which dealer? I live in nearby Montana and plan to buy soon.

Midway in Post Falls, Idaho.

tlminh 03-19-2012 03:14 AM

ENCS pricing doesnt seem very competitive, USAA seems to only sell what's in stock and not special order

Hmmm, I won't be arriving to pick up the Jeep until late July/early Aug, should I just wait and order a 2013?

sneck 03-19-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlminh (Post 2155402)
ENCS pricing doesnt seem very competitive, USAA seems to only sell what's in stock and not special order

Hmmm, I won't be arriving to pick up the Jeep until late July/early Aug, should I just wait and order a 2013?

That's what I would do. Or at least wait for the 2012s to become discounted

Fishin Cricket 03-19-2012 07:09 AM

I say find a dealer/salesman that you can trust, one that knows his product, and pay what he asks. It may be a few bucks more than your best deal, but that guy (the professional that you hired to be your salesman) will make sure you are taken care of.

I am routinely beat by a hundred or two on a new car deal, especially if the customer has a trade and is shopping EVERYWHERE.. But they always come back to the professional when they need a lil help with the second largest purchase they've ever made in their life.

Good luck! :)

Autowerks racing 03-19-2012 07:27 AM

Dealers get paid by the manufacturer for each PDI....its not alot, but they do get paid. there is no reason for you to pay them again

ShaneDiddy 03-19-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill (Post 2152970)
Dealer prep is already paid for in MSRP. It's listed on the Factory Wholesale Invoice as 'PDI' Ask the dealer what they are charging for doing that is not already included in PDI....

And that quoted price isn't very good. Check with USAA, you'll get a better deal.

Exactly .....you shouldn't be paying for that

genoint 03-19-2012 11:10 AM

I got 11% off of MSRP as well, which is around 5% under invoice or around $4700 off of MSRP. Didn't pay any prep charges

afd660 03-20-2012 08:59 AM

I'm not sure what a prep fee is but when I was in Iraq, some friends ordered their vehicles to be delivered to them when we got back. There was a prep fee on their price total I think it was used to cover storage, cleaning when you got home and delivery to the airport, then once at the airport they showed you all the features and how to use them... but I'm not sure if the prep fee was for that service or if it was just a millitary thing...

pat@fieldsauto.com 03-20-2012 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check the attached sheet here. You will have msrp, invoice, hold back amount and should be able to use that for your negotiations

Tannman 03-21-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat@fieldsauto.com (Post 2160032)
Check the attached sheet here. You will have msrp, invoice, hold back amount and should be able to use that for your negotiations

What is the HB, FFP, and EP on the bottom of the attached sheet?

Fishin Cricket 03-21-2012 10:34 AM

I'm guessing:

HB- holdback

FFP- Friends and Family Price

EP- Employee Price

Up Hill Bill 03-21-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishin Cricket (Post 2164456)
I'm guessing:

HB- holdback

FFP- Friends and Family Price

EP- Employee Price

Good guess, 'cause you are exactly right.... :thumb:

Up Hill Bill 03-21-2012 12:55 PM

It just crossed my slow thinking mind that, if you use a Tread Lightly membership to qualify for Chrysler Affiliate Rewards pricing (1% under invoice,) that program also guarantees that all other discounts apply on top of that, like your $500 military cash allowance.

So, in Pat's example, your price would be $27,918 (=FFP - $500) + DOC fee + TTL, and NOTHING else, guaranteed by Chrysler....



Chrysler thanks you for your service. We all thank you for your service! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Fishin Cricket 03-21-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill (Post 2164944)
Good guess, 'cause you are exactly right.... :thumb:

Educated guess, my GM build sheets look very similar... :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.