Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/)
-   -   Anyone in the Vegas area looking for a wheeling partner? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/anyone-in-the-vegas-area-looking-for-a-wheeling-partner-147272.html)

mattdenney07 03-18-2012 10:52 PM

Anyone in the Vegas area looking for a wheeling partner?
 
In the USAF and travel a lot for my job, but someone to go wheeling with whenever I can would sure be nice!

JKU4Mister 03-19-2012 10:20 PM

Hello, I am hoping someday, seems like it is taking forever to be built.
After it arrives I will be up for some exploring around here.

mattdenney07 03-22-2012 01:27 AM

Pretty much the same here... Wheels, tires, 4" lift, rock guards, fenders, and front bumper going on within the next month and a half or so. PM me whenever your Jeep and some free time! I've been out to Red Rock Canyon a few times with just my stock JKU and it did great!

coreyw33 04-26-2012 06:30 PM

Hows it going? I work on Nellis as a civil service employee. Just bought my first Jeep about a month ago. So far I have been out to Burro Wash and one other trail off of 95 N. Can't think of the name off hand. Burro Wash was alot of fun, plus it ends at the Colorado River...pretty cool! I guess to answer your question, yes looking for some wheeling buddies!

Dragonfyr 04-27-2012 04:29 PM

Always looking for wheeling buddies.

HI-life 05-13-2012 01:01 AM

When's the next run?

AdrenalineJunky45 05-23-2012 09:35 PM

hey what do you all do at nellis, i work up at creech. i prettu much know my way around southern evada pretty well by now!!!

HI-life 05-29-2012 10:35 PM

There's a group heading to rocky gap on Sunday. If anyone is interested.

Aus10 lilbit 06-21-2012 04:51 PM

@mattdenney07. I'm down lets roll on Sunday I keep hearing about rocky gap.
USAR HERE LOL ;)

I have a stock tj 1997 2.5 will it make it ? I'm gonna give it. Good lift here soon thoghh

Aus10 lilbit 06-21-2012 04:52 PM

Everyone private messege me so we can get something rolling it'll be my first time if we can hook up Sunday and I'm ready!

mattdenney07 07-16-2012 11:15 AM

I totally forgot that I posted this thread haha.. Me and my girl are trying to set up a chill run this weekend for either Bitter Springs or Wheelers Pass depending on how big everyone's rig is. PM me and we'll exchange numbers! - Matt

garin 07-16-2012 10:03 PM

What day and trail are you looking to do? I will be up that way Fri/Sat as we are hiking the north and south loop of Charleston.

HI-life 07-17-2012 12:16 AM

Bitter springs sounds like a cool run. Never done it before. It's too bad that I have prior commitments. How often do you guys go on runs? What difficulty level?

garin 07-17-2012 09:17 PM

Never did Bitter Springs although it seems like a basic 23 mile dirt trail. I'm looking to do potato ridge 25 August if anyones interested.

HI-life 07-17-2012 10:09 PM

Damn I would totally go if I wasn't camping with some friends that weekend. I've only did potato ridge once and I really enjoyed it. Me and a bunch of buddies are doing Copper Cache saturday morning if any of you folks want to join, you're more than welcome. Pm me if you want to go.

98JeepNvada 07-18-2012 10:43 PM

New to Vegas, also AF. May be down for a ride this weekend if I can fix a issue with my fuel tank.

Stormeister 07-19-2012 10:04 AM

I'm ready to try the back way into Red Rocks from Lowell, maybe not by myself...

NOW let me research the previous posts and maybe zero in on one...

HI-life 07-19-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormeister (Post 2601308)
I'm ready to try the back way into Red Rocks from Lowell, maybe not by myself...

NOW let me research the previous posts and maybe zero in on one...


There is a run tonight doing Potato Ridge (back side of Red Rock) if you are interested :thumb:. Check out the link on the bottom of this post, then go to future runs :punk:.

Stormeister 07-19-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HI-life (Post 2601327)
There is a run tonight doing Potato Ridge (back side of Red Rock) if you are interested :thumb:. Check out the link on the bottom of this post, then go to future runs :punk:.

"Potato Ridge" Sounds GREAT, but I'm in SoCal this weekend. Doggone.

Kinda hot still, isn't it? Talking early morning run sometime?

Do you guys air down as soon as you get off the asphalt or wait until the end of 2wd trail?

It's only a long half day or so, isn't it?

-terry

HI-life 07-19-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HI-life (Post 2601327)
There is a run tonight doing Potato Ridge (back side of Red Rock) if you are interested :thumb:. Check out the link on the bottom of this post, then go to future runs :punk:.

Sorry :facepalm:, go to general discussion then to future runs. Scroll through the last few pages to find the meet up info.:dance:

HI-life 07-19-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormeister (Post 2601761)
"Potato Ridge" Sounds GREAT, but I'm in SoCal this weekend. Doggone.

Kinda hot still, isn't it? Talking early morning run sometime?

Do you guys air down as soon as you get off the asphalt or wait until the end of 2wd trail?

It's only a long half day or so, isn't it?

-terry

No problem, there's always someone wanting to go wheelin. We have people who have weekdays off and also people who have weekends off, so theres always someone down to meet up.

As for airing down, we'll drive to the trail head and air down there or, depending on the terrain, somewhere that if flat and big enough for the rigs a little before the trail head.

The amount of time it will take depends on the size of the group, washes taken and problems entered on the trail, if any, but for the most part a half day is about right.

HI-life 07-19-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98JeepNvada (Post 2600080)
New to Vegas, also AF. May be down for a ride this weekend if I can fix a issue with my fuel tank.

Cool! Hopefully you can fix the problem and maybe make it out either tonight (if you want to do a night run) or saturday around 10am. The run tonight can be as difficult as you want it or as easy as you want it (taking the bypasses). The Saturday run (Copper Cache) can be a little more challenging with some waterfalls to climb. Depending on how comfortable you are and how far you're willing to push your rig, we can get you through it. We've taken a stock sahara through, with some winch assistance, safely. Again, all depends on what you're comfortable with.

mattdenney07 07-19-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HI-life

Cool! Hopefully you can fix the problem and maybe make it out either tonight (if you want to do a night run) or saturday around 10am. The run tonight can be as difficult as you want it or as easy as you want it (taking the bypasses). The Saturday run (Copper Cache) can be a little more challenging with some waterfalls to climb. Depending on how comfortable you are and how far you're willing to push your rig, we can get you through it. We've taken a stock sahara through, with some winch assistance, safely. Again, all depends on what you're comfortable with.

Hey HI-life, shoot me a text when you get a chance. I'd love to run copper cache Saturday! 702-630-5673

HI-life 07-20-2012 11:53 PM

Anyone else that would like to join on the copper cache run tomorrow please feel free to do so. Meet at the chevron on Maryland pkwy and Windmill at 10am.

mattdenney07 07-20-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HI-life
Anyone else that would like to join on the copper cache run tomorrow please feel free to do so. Meet at the chevron on Maryland pkwy and Windmill at 10am.

How many do we have going tomorrow now?

HI-life 07-21-2012 12:47 AM

4 maybe 5 rigs so far, just posting a last minute reminder for anyone else that might be interested. Last nights run had 18 rigs.

HI-life 07-22-2012 03:12 PM

Matt, great run yesterday! Glad you and your girl made it out. We should try to get more jeeps from Nellis on some runs with us.

If you ever want to find out when the next run will be, check out the link below, go to general discussion, then future runs. Also if you would like, you can register then you would be able to post some of the pics you have on the picture thread.

Well it was definitely great meeting you and your girl and also wheelin with you. Looking forward to wheelin with you again.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.