Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Why my wife rules (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/why-my-wife-rules-147309.html)

R4D4R 03-19-2012 09:41 AM

Why my wife rules

This weekend was the first time we had the front roof panels and front doors off the JKU and it was super awesome. My wife and I were riding around town and she loved it other than the whole "OMG THE ROAD IS RIGHT THERE" feeling. So we have this exchange as she is holding "Oh Sh!+" handle on the dash the whole time.

Her: Im scared of falling out, cant you get some sort of short doors or something.

Me: yes. Half doors. They rule

Her: and I cant climb into this thing, its too high. What about a step of some sort

Me: Umm. Ok, we can get something (ACE rails :D ). Steps are like $300

Her: What are you waiting for? This top off business is pretty fun, but what are you going to do if it rains (I only have hard top). You really need a top

Me: OMG woman! Im not made of money!

:cool:

wildrumpus jk 03-19-2012 09:44 AM

Had the same convo the other day. Do it before she changes her mind

the Kolector 03-19-2012 10:09 AM

Very nice!! Better get it all while you can! While you are at it, better add some additional Oh Shit handles to the roll bar..Just in case!

VASYLfromUKRAINE 03-19-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R4D4R (Post 2155777)
This weekend was the first time we had the front roof panels and front doors off the JKU and it was super awesome. My wife and I were riding around town and she loved it other than the whole "OMG THE ROAD IS RIGHT THERE" feeling. So we have this exchange as she is holding "Oh Sh!+" handle on the dash the whole time.

Her: Im scared of falling out, cant you get some sort of short doors or something.

Me: yes. Half doors. They rule

Her: and I cant climb into this thing, its too high. What about a step of some sort

Me: Umm. Ok, we can get something (ACE rails :D ). Steps are like $300

Her: What are you waiting for? This top off business is pretty fun, but what are you going to do if it rains (I only have hard top). You really need a top

Me: OMG woman! Im not made of money!

:cool:

the more she complain the more mods you have
:punk::punk::punk:

N39-W120 03-19-2012 11:48 AM

I use to think that a wet cat was angry... but a wet wife... HOLY CRAP.... ya better go and at least buy a bikini top to keep her dry.

Cigar196 03-19-2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing better than a wife who loves The Jeep-well maybe a wife who has her own and demands mods too lol
The mango is my wife's Jk... I have my own JKU

Matador 03-19-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigar196 (Post 2156147)
Nothing better than a wife who loves The Jeep-well maybe a wife who has her own and demands mods too lol

That's where I'm at. Everything i buy for my jeep I have to make sure to X2 in the shopping cart. Its get really expensive buying 2 of everything you get but I wouldn't have it any other way.

real4x4 03-19-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildrumpus jk (Post 2155788)

x2 :D

kbwwolf 03-19-2012 12:01 PM

Man, she's got you right where she wants you. :D

GonzoBobH 03-19-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

My wife had recently purchased a Ford Escape -- really nice vehicle, actually -- but I am planting the seed that perhaps she should get a JK to go with my JKU... can't hurt to try, haha. :angel:

klkb 03-19-2012 12:44 PM

Great marital politics! :)

BigCat76 03-19-2012 12:50 PM

My wife hated the idea of me getting a Jeep but yesterday we took the front tops off together (to show her how easy it was) and drove around with the kids in the back for an hour or so and now she is in love with it, also a lot more open minded about mods lol

mckron 03-19-2012 01:41 PM

Mine loves to climb and our first drive out in the new rubicon she looks and me all shyly and asks if we can get bigger tires so that she can climb even higher, and when I told that not only can we get bigger tires but we can lift the Jeep she started clapping. I love her.

CiDZillA 03-19-2012 01:48 PM

I had my lady out in my 2dr JK last Wednesday with the doors and top off. At first she was scared of falling out but a few mins later and she had a big grin on her face. I told her I could get half doors or bar doors and she thought that would be a great idea. :thumb:

MickeYJ 03-19-2012 02:05 PM

Lol omg that's hilarious!!!!! Loved it!!!! Nervy time go thru a big deep puddle if water so she can tell u to make it higher so she won't get wet haha

BigCat58 03-19-2012 02:08 PM

Take her off roading and she will realize the greatness of the Jeep. Helps in getting more accessories also. :)

Thorshammer7 03-19-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildrumpus jk (Post 2155788)

+1 :cool:

the Kolector 03-19-2012 06:20 PM

I was getting ready to buy a Bikini Safari top for my 2dr. Need shade for the kiddos (ages 3 and 9mo) for the back. We started talking about it and she decided she wants me to get a full soft top instead, works for me! Oh, the the ESP issue with having 35's, she wants me to get the ProCal, and windshield lights so we have more lighting "if needed" for camping. Gotta get a Harken Hoist so she doesn't have to help me take the hard top off and we can both get in the garage too! I love "necessities"

strider_mt2k 03-19-2012 06:30 PM

Nice huh?
Saturday my wife says, "didn't you want to go check out that tool place? Let's go!"

She was referring to Harbor Freight, and yes...yes we did go!

I love my girl too.

:D

chris.george 03-19-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2156184)
Man, she's got you right where she wants you. :D

By the.... er wait can I say that here? :whistling:

BlueRanger 03-19-2012 10:50 PM

Great story.... Wow you all make marriage sound like you either have a green or red pass LOL!

MrAugie 03-19-2012 10:55 PM

I showed my wife some pictures of your rigs with the doors off and she is already insisting on tube doors with covers. So I get ya, gotta love it. My JKUR isn't even built yet.

MrAugie 03-19-2012 10:55 PM

And yes, your wife rocks.

Phobos 03-19-2012 10:59 PM

Your wife sounds as cool as mine.. After cleaning up both my JK and her WJ she stated that next year she wants a JKU...

desertgoose 03-20-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckron
Mine loves to climb and our first drive out in the new rubicon she looks and me all shyly and asks if we can get bigger tires so that she can climb even higher, and when I told that not only can we get bigger tires but we can lift the Jeep she started clapping. I love her.

Wife of the year! Lol

NMRubicon 03-20-2012 07:47 AM

I'm going to try running with the 2 front Freedom Tops on and the rear portion off, a cheap man's bikini top.

jk13 03-21-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

I really like that bumper! brand? price? where you got it? any info at allll would be helpful : ]

Rooster454 03-21-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Your wife has good taste in bumpers :D
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/...41/photo25.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk13 (Post 2165418)
I really like that bumper! brand? price? where you got it? any info at allll would be helpful : ]

It's a Smittybilt SRC bumper. I got mine from Quadratec. Google it and wherever you buy it from tell them to make sure they pad the hell out of it. The corners have a tendency to push through the box and get scraped. Quadratec sent me 4 before I got one that wasn't damaged

jk13 03-21-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster454 (Post 2165480)
It's a Smittybilt SRC bumper. I got mine from Quadratec. Google it and wherever you buy it from tell them to make sure they pad the hell out of it. The corners have a tendency to push through the box and get scraped. Quadratec sent me 4 before I got one that wasn't damaged

Cool, thanks!
I was looking at the Body Armor bumper: Body Armor JK-1951 - Body Armor 4x4 Front Tubular Bumper with Grill Guard for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Is the Smittybilt better than the Body Armor?

Rooster454 03-21-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk13 (Post 2165494)
Cool, thanks!
I was looking at the Body Armor bumper: Body Armor JK-1951 - Body Armor 4x4 Front Tubular Bumper with Grill Guard for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Is the Smittybilt better than the Body Armor?

You got it. :thumb:

I don't personally know much about the body armor bumpers, but the two are pretty much the same price. I can tell you that the Smittybilt is VERY easy to put on and I have a friend who has had this bumper for a couple years now and it has held up pretty well