Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   No Horn (

bgfalcon77 03-19-2012 08:36 PM

No Horn
Okay, I recently purchased a 98 Sahara. The PO removed the factory steering wheel and replaced it with a nice Grant GT series. The horn was not working (never did) so I removed the steering wheel, hoping to find that a wire fell off the tab on the horn button. No luck. No wires! I have a pair of horns under the hood, but no wire (that I can find) in the steering column. Any ideas? THX

Wheel2Work 03-19-2012 10:42 PM

Install a momentary horn button like "hot rodders" used to use...
You have a vehicle that is no longer street legal though, since it doesn't have a driver's' side air bag. You may want to look at getting a factory replacement steering wheel, unless it is an off road only ride.

bgfalcon77 03-20-2012 08:13 AM

I don't want a seperate horn button. The button on my steering wheel is fine. There just isn't horn wires that I can find in the steering column.

Wheel2Work 03-20-2012 08:28 AM

This is the clockspring that was removed when the PO installed the Grant wheel. It needs to be replaced in order for the horn to work.