Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   people whove had to say goodbye to their jeeps :( (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/people-whove-had-to-say-goodbye-to-their-jeeps-147618.html)

xcreekarchery1 03-20-2012 12:08 PM

people whove had to say goodbye to their jeeps :(

so i know im not the only one thats had to say goodbye to my jeep because of gas prices.. what did you guys end up getting? I couldnt stand driving a little econobox with now power so i had to find something fun with good mileage.. Traded my beloved jeep for a nissan 240sx with an sr20det motor swap. Got a good trade but stil, its no jeep :eek:

crafty 03-20-2012 01:08 PM

I would only say goodbye if I rolled and totaled it----then it would become a buggy. I have lived on instant noodles, chef boyardee and hot dogs in order to have gas money for wheeling.

Sorry for your loss.:flowers:

cavediverjc 03-20-2012 01:19 PM

I had to say goodbye to my TJ. I bought a full sized truck. Missed my Jeep so bad I bought another one (this one a YJ). Truck will be used for towing duties now. :thumb:

My girlfriend drives a Mini Cooper S, so when we need to go somewhere that requires more than a few highway miles, the Hemi truck and the Jeep get to stay at home. :D

xcreekarchery1 03-20-2012 02:18 PM

im just glad i found a car that i liked, that good good gas mileage :whistling: the guy who i traded with has some good plans for the jeep, lots of things i always wanted to do but dont have the funds to do haha. Im sure weil be seeing him soon, heil tell yall about it :punk:

RatherBNarizona 03-20-2012 06:21 PM

I had to sell my baby when I went into college. I do a lot of highway driving, so I needed a car will good gas mileage, and could maintain 75 on the highway. I got a Toyota Corolla, it does a lot of good things, but I still long for my Jeep. A few more months until I graduate, then I'm off to the Jeep dealership :thumb:

the Kolector 03-20-2012 06:57 PM

I had to sell my TJ when we found out we were having a baby. Even though we have 2 now, I now have a JK, we have a van for family duty and road trips to family.

G54 03-20-2012 06:59 PM

Traded in my '06 LJ for an '11 Subaru Legacy because the Jeep was my DD and seeing more and more difficult trails on weekends. If it broke I was screwed on getting to work. Plus 12 MPG didn't help with a 20 mile round trip everyday. I lasted a little over 9 months and then bought the '99 TJ I'm working on now. Since the Subie is now my DD this time the Jeep is a fun summer driver and trail jeep so no worries about the things I sold the other one for.

RedBones 03-20-2012 07:34 PM

Well I recked my YJ into a hill side. My first jeep.
Went and got a 97 TJ. I still miss my YJ. :(

xcreekarchery1 03-20-2012 09:35 PM

yjs are where its at :cool: nothing like having to put your fillings back in your teeth because you drove down a less than glass smooth road for alittlebit :eek:

RedBones 03-21-2012 06:30 AM

Nothing like crossing a train tracks.
It was like driving a 2x4 on wheels.

xcreekarchery1 03-21-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBones (Post 2163711)
Nothing like crossing a train tracks.
It was like driving a 2x4 on wheels.

Train tracks suck in this car too because of the low pros.. cant wait till i have the $ for some better tires haha

N39-W120 03-21-2012 12:36 PM

Didn't completly sat goodbye, just requlated to weekend fun. Ford Fusion with 6sp manual now the DD

jerladd 03-21-2012 02:35 PM

I said goodbye to my 98 TJ and got a Chevy Silverado but missed my TJ so much I got an 03 Rubicon once I paid the truck off.

OklaTJ 03-21-2012 04:39 PM

Have no need to say good bye I have a Chevy car and a 85 SWB pickup and the jeep so its just driven around the trails and in to town when I'm home.All but the car is payed for and the car only has a little over a year and it will be payed for. My DD is a red Kenworth lol

Abner Ravenwood 03-27-2012 03:33 PM

I said goodbye/good riddance to my 2006 TJ it was a peice, could never keep it in once peice. Also said goodbye with tears when my 1999 XJ got totaled. Loved that Jeep. I would be beside myself if i lost my YJ. My one truelove. hahaha