Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Need Some Decision Support

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nicolas-eric 
#1 ·
i have 2 options for my new tires. please help my with my decision.

- cooper STTs for a good price, i´ll get them in about 3 weeks
(most of the people and dealers said the STTs are perfect for me)

- used (only 600 mls) goodyear MT/Rs for 150$ less, i could get them tomorrow.

i want the tires for my DD and it rains very often where i live. the tire also should be good in mud.

what shall i do? which tire is the best for me?
is it better to wait some weeks or to save 150$...?
i´m really a bit confused... :confused::confused::confused::doh:

btw. i have enough money for the STTs. if they´re better for me i´ll buy them.

thanks for your help :wavey:

btw. it´s 4. a.m. over here, i have to go to bed now...

See less See more
#2 ·
Stt's wil be way better in the mud thatn Mt/r's the Mt'r's are not good in mud or snow, they are meant purely for rocks, they are sticky and will wear kinda quickly although i dont know about the STT's they also have thin sidewalls, and also personally i think cooper is a better brand tire than goodyear, but they are both good brands

#3 ·
I don't have any experience with STTs other than hersay. I can tell you that for solely mud and rain on pavement, MT/Rs are NOT for you. there are much better tires out there.. ie. something sipped with mud pattern lugs. These MT/Rs are good on dirt roads, rocks, dirt hill climbs etc. but they dont clean well at all in mud, and they are not sipped. the best way to describe them is like driving a Z28 Camaro with GForce t/As in the rain. They arent sipped, so they just kinda act like a bald tire, or a wet drag slick in the rain. They aren't too too bad if your careful, but not something I would consider given what you would use them for. I know the price is tempting, but I use mine on my DD, and mainly just mud wheeling, and I can't wait to get rid of them (my only other rig had street tires and all terrains. Id rather have the ATs in the mud than these!).

#4 ·
I have Cooper STT's and I love them. I decided along time ago that I would always buy cooper tires for my 4x4's and they have yet to dissapoint me. The STT's have a grip that won't let go. They are quiet on the hwy and hold up to wear really well. Get the STT's you won't be dissapointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.