Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Used soft top parts help? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/used-soft-top-parts-help-147846.html)

j0nx 03-21-2012 10:49 AM

Used soft top parts help?
 
Hey guys, I am considering a used soft top off CL from a 2010 for my 2012 but don't know squat about how to install one or which parts should come with a used top. What parts should I be looking for to make sure come with the soft top so that it will fit on my 2012? Is there a list somewhere of every part that comes with the OEM top for me to see and check off when I go to check out the used top? TIA!

kjeeper10 03-21-2012 10:54 AM

Tops changed up some but I think the parts are the same.

Top/windows
Bow assm
Header
Door surounds x2
Pivoting brackets x2
Rear tail gate bar
tail gate bar clips x2

Think that's it?

otnewt 03-24-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Tops changed up some but I think the parts are the same.

Top/windows
Bow assm
Header
Door surounds x2
Pivoting brackets x2
Rear tail gate bar
tail gate bar clips x2

Think that's it?

You might also look for straps to hold the back window rolled up and a Velcro strap for when the sun rider is open. Not sure if 2010 had the back window straps or not.

killerbee812 03-24-2012 11:13 AM

Also look for all the screws and bolts. When I bought my used top I never thought of this until I went to install it. You will need 4 shoulder bolts for the brackets and 4 machine screws to bolt the brackets onto the roll bar. If they arenít there itís not a big deal these can be found at any hardware store, but itís just an extra pain.

Oh and nice clear windows would be nice. I have hours so far into getting the scratches out of my used windows. :banghead:

the Kolector 03-24-2012 11:19 AM

Or tinted windows, I just bought a used top and it has clear, would rather have tinted instead.

kbwwolf 03-24-2012 11:31 AM

If there's anything missing, you can probably find it here (including the velcro straps and rear window straps).

Mopar Soft Top Hardware for Jeep Wrangler Jk Unlimited 4 Door from Morris 4x4

bamajeeper 03-24-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otnewt (Post 2175506)
You might also look for straps to hold the back window rolled up and a Velcro strap for when the sun rider is open. Not sure if 2010 had the back window straps or not.

yes ,the 2010 have the straps .

killerbee812 03-24-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2176236)
If there's anything missing, you can probably find it here (including the velcro straps and rear window straps).

Mopar Soft Top Hardware for Jeep Wrangler Jk Unlimited 4 Door from Morris 4x4

:thumb:X2 on this link!!

went to put soft top on last week , and couldnt find one of the tailgate bar retainers. Morris has really nice diagrams of the tops parts and prices are low. Got one cheap and with a discount from being a member on here. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.