Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2.5 in or leveling kit? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2-5-in-or-leveling-kit-148045.html)

av-to-jeep 03-22-2012 12:27 AM

2.5 in or leveling kit?
 
I'm at a crossroad on this decision! It is dd and I average 50 miles a day, not much off-roading, but when I do, I do! Leveling seems ideal, but 2.5 seems better! thoughts?

ESP 03-22-2012 12:45 AM

In short the 2.5 is gonna be better but you may have to wait until morning for the reasons and others to chime in. I lack the energy at the moment to go into detail.

steed77 03-22-2012 06:16 AM

Just here also. Same miles too. I figured I would end up pulling out the leveling kit at some point if I went with it.

Ended up going with the RK 2.5 Flex and Fox 2.0 shock. Now as soon as the JKU gets here, I can put these parts on.

kbwwolf 03-22-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by av-to-jeep (Post 2167497)
I'm at a crossroad on this decision! It is dd and I average 50 miles a day, not much off-roading, but when I do, I do! Leveling seems ideal, but 2.5 seems better! thoughts?

I'm gonna go against the grain, and recommend the leveling kit, simply because of what you stated in your post.

Your Jeep stock will handle most of what you're gonna throw at it. Since you say you don't do much off-roading, I doubt that when you let it all hang out, it's on boulders the size of houses.

The leveling kit is cheap, will maintain your factory ride, fix your Jeep's rake, allow you to run 33" tires, can be resold for about 75% of the cost if you decide to go with a different setup later, will have less of an impact on your gas mileage than a full lift, and doesn't require any sort of further costs or mods to install...all for $130.

If you start getting more into off-roading later, you can always spend the $700 or so for a 2.5" lift.

4fit 03-22-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

I'm gonna go against the grain, and recommend the leveling kit, simply because of what you stated in your post.

Your Jeep stock will handle most of what you're gonna throw at it. Since you say you don't do much off-roading, I doubt that when you let it all hang out, it's on boulders the size of houses.

The leveling kit is cheap, will maintain your factory ride, fix your Jeep's rake, allow you to run 33" tires, can be resold for about 75% of the cost if you decide to go with a different setup later, will have less of an impact on your gas mileage than a full lift, and doesn't require any sort of further costs or mods to install...all for $130.

If you start getting more into off-roading later, you can always spend the $700 or so for a 2.5" lift.

^^this. Love my leveling kit for all the reason wolf said. I knew going in that it was going to be temporary. But this allows plenty of flex room for 33s and will certainly suffice for a while.

kbwwolf 03-22-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4fit (Post 2167986)
^^this. Love my leveling kit for all the reason wolf said. I knew going in that it was going to be temporary. But this allows plenty of flex room for 33s and will certainly suffice for a while.



As Vasyl says, HI5. http://scraporchard.com/forum/images...eyhighfive.gif

ESP 03-22-2012 08:17 AM

You guys and your leveling kit just be easy kind o thinking...meh. I guess I'm thinking he could either level it now and then do the 2.5 later because we all know he's gonna go that route or just do it now and he'll be back on the board in a few days with many questions about why his jeep isn't running the same or he has weird noises or....

^ WF's longest sentence all before 9:30am :thumb:

kbwwolf 03-22-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 2168127)
^ WF's longest sentence all before 9:30am :thumb:

That's why I don't drink coffee. :)

Casotakar1229 03-22-2012 08:26 AM

honestly, the leveling kit sounds very appealing as a stepping stone to a full lift kit. bad news for me because I said I wouldn't purchase anything else.

ESP 03-22-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 (Post 2168154)
honestly, the leveling kit sounds very appealing as a stepping stone to a full lift kit. bad news for me because I said I wouldn't purchase anything else.

Lemme guess...but after a little while you started looking at the jeep again thinking "hmm".

kjeeper10 03-22-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP

Lemme guess...but after a little while you started looking at the jeep again thinking "hmm".

Lol ya..................right!!!!!

Casotakar1229 03-22-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 2168158)
Lemme guess...but after a little while you started looking at the jeep again thinking "hmm".

lol...how did you guess? it couldn't be because you do the same is it?! :whistling:

kjeeper10 03-22-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casotakar1229

lol...how did you guess? it couldn't be because you do the same is it?! :whistling:

:firedevil:

ESP 03-22-2012 09:03 AM

Me? nah...I knew I was crazy for getting a jeep to begin with. Its my wallet that's surprised.

RedBones 03-22-2012 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the TF level kit but now I want the TF 2.5.
But need more $$$$$$


Attachment 107090

4fit 03-22-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBones
I got the TF level kit but now I want the TF 2.5.
But need more $$$$$$

That's just the way it is. You'll get the 2.5 and be cool for a little while. Then you'll start thinking 3.5-4. Etc. Etc. Damn these Jeeps! Lol.

Still liking my leveling kit tho. Don't plan to upgrade to something larger until I'm ready to go larger in tire size as well.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...1/DSC03705.jpg

Casotakar1229 03-22-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 2168262)
Me? nah...I knew I was crazy for getting a jeep to begin with. Its my wallet that's surprised.

:rofl:

BlueRanger 03-23-2012 12:06 AM

Who is the source for the TF leveling kit?

mo1416 03-23-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRanger (Post 2171500)
Who is the source for the TF leveling kit?

Teraflex

kjeeper10 03-23-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo1416
Teraflex


Who would have known :D

RedBones 03-23-2012 11:27 AM

Joe from Quadratec. He is on this sight.

4fit 03-23-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRanger
Who is the source for the TF leveling kit?

Got mine from Off Road Warehouse. But it can be picked up in the $120 range from most places.

termite 03-23-2012 11:37 AM

So cost aside, what is the ride difference between the TF leveling kit ($130) and the TF Performance 1.5" leveling kit ($389.99)?
 
Adding the pucks certainly is an easy and cheap way to get the odd rake fixed on the JKU's but wouldn't correctly sized springs be a better bet in the long run?
 
I really have no use for a 2"+ lift. I really have no intentions of going bigger the maybe 33" tires. If that.

4fit 03-23-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by termite
So cost aside, what is the ride difference between the TF leveling kit ($130) and the TF Performance 1.5" leveling kit ($389.99)?
 
Adding the pucks certainly is an easy and cheap way to get the odd rake fixed on the JKU's but wouldn't correctly sized springs be a better bet in the long run?
 
I really have no use for a 2"+ lift. I really have no intentions of going bigger the maybe 33" tires. If that.

The springs in the performance kit would stand up better to added weight such as bumpers, winch, armor, etc. Since both kits use stock shocks, you shouldn't get any more flex out of the performance kit than you would the spacer. The spacer version will ride just like stock.

So it just comes down to whichever one you want to buy. I'm more than content (for now) with my spacer version.

RedBones 03-23-2012 11:44 AM

Springs would be better. I would only go with spacers if you plan on going bigger later on. Just my 02.

Kdog2 03-23-2012 12:03 PM

I'm putting the teraflex performance leveling kit on this weekend and just put 33" Duratrecs on it yesterday with spidertrax 1.5" spacers.The DTs alone make it look alot better than the stock tires.I got a good deal on the performance leveling kit off a forum member that bought it but never installed it and decided to go the 3.5" lift instead.Mine is a DD and I don't plan on going any bigger than 33's.Here's a few pics I took yesterday after the Duratrecs were installed,,,,, this is without the leveling kit installed.I'll take a few pics once the kit is installed .

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...h/5dc96d74.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...h/846d345b.jpg

termite 03-23-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kdog2 (Post 2172855)
I'm putting the teraflex performance leveling kit on this weekend and just put 33" Duratrecs on it yesterday with spidertrax 1.5" spacers.The DTs alone make it look alot better than the stock tires.I got a good deal on the performance leveling kit off a forum member that bought it but never installed it and decided to go the 3.5" lift instead.Mine is a DD and I don't plan on going any bigger than 33's.Here's a few pics I took yesterday after the Duratrecs were installed,,,,, this is without the leveling kit installed.I'll take a few pics once the kit is installed .

/snip

Nice, the rims are stock 17's?

ESP 03-23-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kdog2 (Post 2172855)
I'm putting the teraflex performance leveling kit on this weekend and just put 33" Duratrecs on it yesterday with spidertrax 1.5" spacers.The DTs alone make it look alot better than the stock tires.I got a good deal on the performance leveling kit off a forum member that bought it but never installed it and decided to go the 3.5" lift instead.Mine is a DD and I don't plan on going any bigger than 33's.Here's a few pics I took yesterday after the Duratrecs were installed,,,,, this is without the leveling kit installed.I'll take a few pics once the kit is installed.

You will go bigger and with new wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by termite (Post 2172864)
Nice, the rims are stock 17's?

Yes.

Kdog2 03-24-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 2172884)
You will go bigger and with new wheels.



Yes.

Ok installed the Performance leveling kit today and it seems like i got more than 1 1/2" inches of height out of this.Im totally satisfied of the stance i got out of this kit and the 33" DTs.I snapped a few quik pics but i will take a few more tomorrow.I will also measure bumper height to give you an idea how high it is compared to stock.

These pics arent very good it was dark outside and just snapped a few in the garage real quik.
After leveling kit
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...h/02bab1db.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...h/b23e846c.jpg

Before leveling kit
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...h/846d345b.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...h/5dc96d74.jpg

completely stock
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...h/563427c5.jpg

DrDanimalSize 03-24-2012 11:48 PM

Very nice, this is the same route I was thinking of going


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.