Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   What do do with all the stock parts (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/what-do-do-with-all-the-stock-parts-148056.html)

pprice72 03-22-2012 03:27 AM

What do do with all the stock parts

Over the next couple months (as I get time to install stuff), I will end up with a pile of brand new stock JK parts.
Springs and shocks
Wheels and tires
Running boards
Front and rear bumpers

So, what do yall do with all this stuff?
I noticed in the for sale section there is not much demand for it, and shipping would be expensive and not worth it I dont think.
I dont do ebay and all that stuff...Soooo....

Would a local dealer buy them? I dont know....

ironaria 03-22-2012 03:28 AM

keep as spares

wrangler0 03-22-2012 03:51 AM

I doubt the dealer would buy them back
Post here on the forum and on Craigslist...but be prepared to wait.
I sold my front bumper on CL and side steps here on the forum.

I waited a bit, but they sold....just price them fairly, I sold for half of what they would have cost brand new.

Someone will want to buy what you have eventually!!

strider_mt2k 03-22-2012 03:56 AM

Funny this comes up when it does.
I have a box of stuff that keeps growing.

Dusthol 03-22-2012 05:15 AM

After storing them for awhile u can take them to the metal recycler. Free beer money.

pprice72 03-22-2012 05:46 AM

LoL at the beer money :)

I have so much crap stored from my other cars I am running out of room. I guess I can try CL, but if that dont work I will just....Heck, I just don't really know....Maybe give them away and just have the people pay for shipping.....

mnikc 03-22-2012 06:56 AM

if you ever intend on trading your vehicle at a dalership - id say keep it all...

1. hopefully the aftermarket parts will fit on the newer jeep
2. the dealer isnt going to care about the aftermarket parts, theyre gonna want the original - someone on here or on another forum had an issue about their aftermarket tires/rims when they went to trade up, dealer valued the vehicle less bc the jeep didnt have the stock rims. (to us, it adds value - but to the dealer, its doesnt mean anything)

kbwwolf 03-22-2012 07:01 AM

I sold my stock rims/tires to the dealership for $500. Was glad to have em take the stuff off my hands.

I sent my side steps to a WF member for shipping. Gave away some other stuff. Still have my stock bumpers and all of the suspension parts from my lift install.

GREEN-MACHINE 03-22-2012 07:06 AM

right in the trash.

Rabuck 03-22-2012 07:08 AM

Anyone have any 19/60 springs I'll gladly take them off your hands :)??

kik 03-22-2012 07:27 AM

I just don't have the heart to get rid of them.

Casotakar1229 03-22-2012 08:10 AM

I am going to post them up on CL and on here. going to put up stock fenders, front bumper, steel wheels/tires, etc. even if I only make a couple hundred, that couple hundred can go toward jk or gas. good luck!