Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   TX: [2012 JK Sport-S] Stock 17" alloy wheels/tires (5) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/2012-jk-sport-s-stock-17-alloy-wheels-tires-5-a-148147.html)

hbgirl 03-22-2012 01:26 PM

[2012 JK Sport-S] Stock 17" alloy wheels/tires (5)

Hi all ) This is probably a longshot, since most people here (me included) upgrade to better wheels/tires, not stock, but here goes ...

Getting my new wheel/tire set installed next weekend and will have my stock set available for purchase beginning 01 April. Selling as a set (5) only:

17" Aluminum Wheels
P255/75R17 GY Wrangler tires
All with TPMS
Mileage: 1300'ish
Price: $500 cash and they are yours to pick up! :) (Can do Paypal also, but pretty sure it will charge a fee)

Please PM if interested; serious inquiries only. Thanks )

:wavey:

hbgirl 03-22-2012 11:44 PM

Bumpity bump :)

07XMan2Door 03-23-2012 12:24 AM

here's a bump for ya. Did you put em on Craigslist? I once sold a set of tires in 22 minutes that way.
I'd come look at em if I were closer. I'll never go hunting with fat tires on again. The mud was EVERYWHERE, lol.

hbgirl 03-23-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door (Post 2171549)
here's a bump for ya. Did you put em on Craigslist? I once sold a set of tires in 22 minutes that way.
I'd come look at em if I were closer. I'll never go hunting with fat tires on again. The mud was EVERYWHERE, lol.

I haven't put them on CL yet, but will probably do so this coming week. Good to know you had luck selling yours that way; I've never used CL before, and have only heard the horror stories of scams, etc., haha.

Thanks for the bump! :)

07XMan2Door 03-23-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbgirl (Post 2172495)
I haven't put them on CL yet, but will probably do so this coming week. Good to know you had luck selling yours that way; I've never used CL before, and have only heard the horror stories of scams, etc., haha.

Thanks for the bump! :)

Yes, I've probably sold over 100 different items on CL. I also have heard of the nutjobs out there.
Here are a few tips, fwiw.

1) Put a mans name on the add. Have a man handle the transaction. There are predators out there. Not saying Gals are weak, just saying, if the add reads, "Jeep Parts for sale, call Candy anytime!!" You're going to get a lot more calls & they're going to be wanting more than just Jeep parts.

2) I always put my phone # on there. Others think this is risky. You don't have to put it on there to be successful. I just dont call on ads w/o a phone #. When you type it in, spell part of it.

5 five 5- 9 two 7 two. This way it can't be duplicated, sold or snatched up electronically.

3) Post good pictures. I hate ads w/o them. They weed out morons and educate the buyer & make them feel better about your product. Take a close up of the tread with a penney standing up in the groove.

4) Cash only, tell them on the phone, cash only. If your not negotiable, tell them on the phone, "This is a good product, I will not accept less"

4) Be very specific in your product description. So many ads are worthless. They list car parts but don't say which cars they will fit. Yours should read something like this:

5- JK Jeep wheels & Tires, tire size, load rating

These are off an 09 JK Jeep Wrangler. The bolt pattern is 5x5. They have xxx miles on them. Tell them if they have ever had a flat & been repaired.
If something is wrong with your product, put it in the ad. Put a price. Get on there & see what like products are gooing for. You ask too much, your phone won't ring. You want to sell them, so sell them. You have a life, if you wanted to work on the Price is Right you would have, lol.

5) Meet somewhere other than your home. I've met at McDonalds parking lot B4. I don't always do this, but I have never had my home "open" when they come. Garage doors closed. I don't want them to see my junk. The deal is done in the driveway or street.

6) Do the deal when it's light out. I sold some truck tires to two drunk guys in my front yard at night. Wouldn't want my Daughter in that situation. I wont put myself there again.

7) Be brutily honest about your products condition. Tell them about every scratch, blemish, exact tread depths. You want to weed out the whiney, non buying public over the phone, not in person.

8) Refresh, if it aint selling refresh. It brings the ad to the top. Most guys won't even look on page two cause they know it is already sold. Keep it on the first page, drop price if nessesarry. Once I couldn't sell my junk. I looked it was on the last page. I raised the price a hundred bucks, which brought it up to page one & sold it that day, lol.

All this being said, I have had excellent luck selling on CL. I am thankful for it. Advertising is expensive, not to take advantage of CL would be foolish. just be smart about it!!!

Sorry about the book. Good luck with the sale.

hbgirl 03-23-2012 01:35 PM

Awesome advice! Thank you so much for taking the time. I'll be putting the ad up this weekend. :)

07XMan2Door 03-23-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbgirl (Post 2173184)
Awesome advice! Thank you so much for taking the time. I'll be putting the ad up this weekend. :)

No problem. Just learned from experience. I'm old.

hbgirl 03-28-2012 10:24 AM

one last, shameless bump ... and so I can easily find the CL advice when I post this weekend :)

hbgirl 03-31-2012 08:11 AM

Feel free to archive this post; these have been sold. :)

kjeeper10 03-31-2012 07:39 PM

07 is the man :D

:thumb: on the sale