Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Come on Discount tire! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/come-on-discount-tire-148180.html)

Jeeperforever 03-22-2012 03:49 PM

I was surprised to see that discount tire direct doesn't carry Toyo tires or moto metal rims! What the heck?

kbwwolf 03-22-2012 05:30 PM

Gotta leave something for the lesser tire companies to sell. :D

Jeeperforever 03-22-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf
Gotta leave something for the lesser tire companies to sell. :D

Leave the lesser companies the more expensive tire eh? The 38" toyos im getting are $501 a tire! Multiply that by 5 and $200 per rim! It's crazy D:

kbwwolf 03-22-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperforever (Post 2170463)
Leave the lesser companies the more expensive tire eh? The 38" toyos im getting are $501 a tire! Multiply that by 5 and $200 per rim! It's crazy D:

:eek:

$501 per tire!

Hell, I retract my statement. I'd be selling those bad boys.

Jeeperforever 03-23-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

:eek:

$501 per tire!

Hell, I retract my statement. I'd be selling those bad boys.

Exactly! Discount tire would be making a lot of money if they sold toyos! But nooo

SouthernBred 03-25-2012 10:27 AM

Check here. I done a lot of business with these guys. They have the Toyo's and the Moto's.

Desert Rat :: Tires, Performance On & Off Road

trail-n YJ 03-25-2012 01:22 PM

I work at discount and we do not carry them in stock but we can special order them in from tire rack, or sometimes you might get lucky to find them in our warehouse ask them he store again and ask about specail ordering them cause I've personally mounted toys on the moto metals at my store

Discount Tire 03-26-2012 09:43 AM

We don't stock Toyo's but our local stores can special order them in for you. If you like the Toyo brand you might also want to check out Nitto tires. Nitto is Toyo's sister brand and we stock quite a few of them.

Your local Discount Tire location can also special order in the Moto Metal brand.

Jeeperforever 04-01-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discount Tire
We don't stock Toyo's but our local stores can special order them in for you. If you like the Toyo brand you might also want to check out Nitto tires. Nitto is Toyo's sister brand and we stock quite a few of them.

Your local Discount Tire location can also special order in the Moto Metal brand.

I had nitto's on my last build and just did not like them at all! I definitely want toyo's and the moto metals. If I special ordered the moto metals and toyo's over the phone would you all still balance, mount, ship all that good stuff for free? Do you know if there's a shop in Missouri?

Discount Tire 04-02-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperforever (Post 2206315)
I had nitto's on my last build and just did not like them at all! I definitely want toyo's and the moto metals. If I special ordered the moto metals and toyo's over the phone would you all still balance, mount, ship all that good stuff for free? Do you know if there's a shop in Missouri?

We are unable to mail order Toyo tires but we can special order the wheels. There is no additional charge for special order items and lead time is typically 2-3 weeks to your door. If we can put you into another tire model we will mount, balance, and ship the assemblies for FREE :thumb: Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our sales agents would be happy to assist you.

We do not have any locations in Missouri at this time.

Jeeperforever 04-03-2012 05:30 PM

So basically you will mount and balance for free even with the special order and the toyo's are similar to another tire? Or what? Sorry

Thanks!
Khalil

Discount Tire 04-03-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperforever (Post 2215658)
So basically you will mount and balance for free even with the special order and the toyo's are similar to another tire? Or what? Sorry

Thanks!
Khalil

We mount and balance all wheel and tire combinations for FREE.

We can't get Toyo tire here at Discount Tire Direct (mail order) so in-order to get a complete package from us you'll have to get into another tire model. The most comparable model we have to the Open Country M/T is the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T. They get excellent reviews.

Details: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...yp=Truck%2FSUV

Jeeperforever 04-03-2012 10:00 PM

I'm trying to stay away from nitto's I didn't like the ones I've had in the past. What if I special ordered the toyo's and moto metals in through you guys then payed for the balancing and mounting and all that? How much would that run?

JPi1 04-03-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discount Tire

We mount and balance all wheel and tire combinations for FREE.

We can't get Toyo tire here at Discount Tire Direct (mail order) so in-order to get a complete package from us you'll have to get into another tire model. The most comparable model we have to the Open Country M/T is the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T. They get excellent reviews.

Details: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...yp=Truck%2FSUV

How about 35x12.50x15 goodyear MTR or BFG KM2s?

Discount Tire 04-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperforever (Post 2216988)
I'm trying to stay away from nitto's I didn't like the ones I've had in the past. What if I special ordered the toyo's and moto metals in through you guys then payed for the balancing and mounting and all that? How much would that run?

Unfortunately we are not able to special order the Toyo tires.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPi1 (Post 2217033)
How about 35x12.50x15 goodyear MTR or BFG KM2s?

Both the Goodyear MTR and the BFG KM2's in 35x12.50R-15 show they are on National back order by the manufacturer with no ETA at this time. The Goodyear cost $227.00 each and the BFG's cost $240.00 each.

JPi1 04-04-2012 11:38 AM

Thank you Discount