Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Why the HATRED towards unlimited????? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/why-the-hatred-towards-unlimited-148328.html)

Wrangler_Man11 03-23-2012 08:16 AM

Why the HATRED towards unlimited?????

Why do Jeepers hate so much on the unlimited Jeeps??? I have a 2011 Sahara unlimited that is my DD and I "do the wave" all the damn time and only about half of the Jeepers wave back BUT when I'm cruising in my 86 Laredo.....NO PROBLEMS!!!! and nearly a 90% return rate. Now, IF I were driving a Liberty or a new Patriot I could understand the disgust.... Just because it has 4 doors - IT'S STILL A JEEP!!!!!!

R4D4R 03-23-2012 08:22 AM

Jealously?
Sounds like there are a bunch of dicks in your area. Besides, driving head on, its hard to tell if its 2 or 4 doors anyway. Ill go with the dicks hypothesis

ESP 03-23-2012 08:23 AM

JKU owners don't have any arms. You might be the first that does.

New2012JEEP 03-23-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 2172197)

X2.

I have noticed moreso here, the 4 door owners don't even acknowledge there is another Jeep on the road. They turn away or act busy.

kjeeper10 03-23-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP

:wavey:

sunnykk 03-23-2012 08:26 AM

I don't get it either.

"Why Can't we all just get along" - Jack in Mars Attack

snikt 03-23-2012 08:27 AM

I just got a 12 JKU and someone waved at me yesterday but it kinda caught me off guard, now i'll know though.

Is it similar to the motorcycle thing?

ESP 03-23-2012 08:30 AM

Nagainb4lock

kjeeper10 03-23-2012 08:31 AM

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/off...-19088-46.html

:whistling:

DesertJK 03-23-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

:D haha, this is true, I'd say only like 1 in 10 JKUs wave back to me (I have a 2 door), but JK owners seem to wave the least of all generations which I find odd.

Side note, regardless of generation, I've noticed that women drivers rarely wave. The ones that do however usually drive insane wranglers.

ESP 03-23-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2172206)
:wavey:

kjeeper can wave but he only has one arm. Sometimes it takes him too long to let go of the steering wheel and shifting to wave at others before they pass by.

kbwwolf 03-23-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler_Man11 (Post 2172181)
Why do Jeepers hate so much on the unlimited Jeeps??? I have a 2011 Sahara unlimited that is my DD and I "do the wave" all the damn time and only about half of the Jeepers wave back BUT when I'm cruising in my 86 Laredo.....NO PROBLEMS!!!! and nearly a 90% return rate. Now, IF I were driving a Liberty or a new Patriot I could understand the disgust.... Just because it has 4 doors - IT'S STILL A JEEP!!!!!!

I used to have a Liberty...seems like the last 4 words of your post would still apply. :)

This thread is toast!

4fit 03-23-2012 08:34 AM

http://hotbedinfo.com/wp-content/upl...aveflorida.jpg

KevinWarren 03-23-2012 08:35 AM

I drive a JK and get about a 10% return rate on waves regardless of model and with or without mods.

ESP 03-23-2012 08:35 AM

Here's a recent photo of kjeeper so you guys can all look out for him. Of course this was before that horrible accident with the poodle that took his arm.

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/d...P1_304055f.jpg

kbwwolf 03-23-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 2172231)
Here's a recent photo of kjeeper so you guys can all look out for him. Of course this was before that horrible accident with the poodle that took his arm.

He got his wheels/tires on! Saaaaweeeet! :D

ORNGCR8 03-23-2012 08:40 AM

Snikt, It's A Jeep Thing! I wave to all Jeeps (Wranglers). Most wave back, some don't. Mind you, this is in NJ which to the uninitiated can seem like a very unfriendly place (which it's not). I drive a DD JKU too, and I get waves back from 2 dr, 4 dr, JK, TJ, YJ, CJ... It's all good.

Here's the thing that gets me...Usually the ones that don't wave back are the Jeep Snobs (you know who you are) that are so arrogant and narcissistic to think that the only "real" Jeep is theirs, lifted like a monster truck with all the aftermarket bells and whistles. I bet most of em don't even wheel! Hahaha! Who's the real loser? The guy who uses it daily for work and weekends for camping trips with the 2 kids (hence the 4 dr)/beach driving or the poseur wannabe? You decide! LMAO!

4fit 03-23-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinWarren (Post 2172230)
I drive a JK and get about a 10% return rate on waves regardless of model and with or without mods.

Around here, I would say I get about a 90% ROW (return on wave).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP (Post 2172231)

Just what I always imagined him to look like. :hide:

snikt 03-23-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORNGCR8 (Post 2172239)
Snikt, It's A Jeep Thing! I wave to all Jeeps (Wranglers). Most wave back, some don't. Mind you, this is in NJ which to the uninitiated can seem like a very unfriendly place (which it's not). I drive a DD JKU too, and I get waves back from 2 dr, 4 dr, JK, TJ, YJ, CJ... It's all good.

Here's the thing that gets me...Usually the ones that don't wave back are the Jeep Snobs (you know who you are) that are so arrogant and narcissistic to think that the only "real" Jeep is theirs, lifted like a monster truck with all the aftermarket bells and whistles. I bet most of em don't even wheel! Hahaha! Who's the real loser? The guy who uses it daily for work and weekends for camping trips with the 2 kids (hence the 4 dr)/beach driving or the poseur wannabe? You decide! LMAO!

Well Jeeps are the opposite of an unfriendly thing where I live. I actually notice them a lot more now of course. Last night in one major intersection there was a total of 5 Jeeps

ORNGCR8 03-23-2012 08:43 AM

The forum needs a "Like" button like Facebook!! That pic is awesome!

tropical36 03-23-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Do Corvette owners still have arms? :wavey: I haven't owned one for a while and probably never will again. :nonono:

JK_Hoot 03-23-2012 08:44 AM

I was having trouble in my area with people waving as well. Hang in there though. It took about 3 months of seeing the same jeeps on the road with me waving at them before they started waving back. I think people just don't get it in general anymore. They are too occupied with "busy"ness to really enjoy their super cool ride or even life in general. So when someone waves, it takes em by surprise or don't even notice. Hang loose and keep the smile on your face from driving such a cool machine while waving. Hopefully, it'll catch on in your area too! You'd be surprised how something simple like that can make someone's day...

kbwwolf 03-23-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4fit (Post 2172240)
Around here, I would say I get about a 90% ROW (return on wave).

When I'm on one of my motorcycles, I get about 98% ROW. Just sayin...

ORNGCR8 03-23-2012 08:49 AM

Exactly my point Snickt! Those of us who drive Jeeps are a generally friendly bunch! There's always one bad apple though... But who cares! Or, assuming positive intent, maybe they didn't see you, or maybe their just having a bad day. I'd hate to think that people don't wave back simply on the notion that its a 4 door.

I continue to wave in my JKU and get waves back, most of the time, even in NJ! Even more so now that the tops are beginning to peel off!

NJeepChic 03-23-2012 08:54 AM

A :wavey: from The Jersey Shore!!
and a shout out to the JKU guy that waved thru his Sunrider yesterday!! :punk:

Wrangler_Man11 03-23-2012 08:58 AM

I'm gunna stick with the "they are dicks" theory, sounds good to me! I'm gunna keep waving anyway cause that's just the way I am and the way my dad raised me up in the Jeep world.

What is your opinion on waving at ALL Jeeps (Liberty, Cherokee, Patriot, etc.)??? I only wave to those drives whom have mods and might actually wheel their rides.....which is why Jeeps were invented to begin with!!

JIMBOX 03-23-2012 08:58 AM

:crazy:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Predator2.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...torcockpit.jpg

If I see another wave thread--I'm going hunting for ????

--JIMBO

snikt 03-23-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler_Man11 (Post 2172296)
I'm gunna stick with the "they are dicks" theory, sounds good to me! I'm gunna keep waving anyway cause that's just the way I am and the way my dad raised me up in the Jeep world.

What is your opinion on waving at ALL Jeeps (Liberty, Cherokee, Patriot, etc.)??? I only wave to those drives whom have mods and might actually wheel their rides.....which is why Jeeps were invented to begin with!!

Eh I dunno, my 2nd car is a Mustang Cobra and I wave to other Cobras and some GTs, but like people buying a V6 Mustang for example are a whole different type of person, purpose, etc..

I think it's probably similar with a Compass, Patriot, etc.. vs a Wrangler

Wrangler_Man11 03-23-2012 09:01 AM

BUT there is one lady here that drives a stock Liberty and she always waves first when she sees me on the road.

kjeeper10 03-23-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP

How did that pic get out? :hide: