Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Not cool anymore??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/not-cool-anymore-148584.html)

pschubs17 03-24-2012 10:31 AM

Not cool anymore???
 
I've noticed no one has the roof mounted light bars anymore. Did there 15 minutes of fame run out or what. I remember In the 90's everyone had those.

cavediverjc 03-24-2012 10:38 AM

Not conducive to Jeeping on trails with low hanging branches. But you'll still see them from time to time. Not really my thing, but Jeepers are individuals with different wants/needs for their Jeeps, so it's as cool as you want it to be. :thumb:

pschubs17 03-24-2012 10:42 AM

I see....i guess that makes sense

kbwwolf 03-24-2012 10:47 AM

I saw a thread not too long ago from a dude who installed roof-mounted lights in his garage, then realized he wouldn't be able to back out with em on. Classic Darwinism. :)

T2000J 03-24-2012 10:52 AM

If you like them put them on it dont matter what everyone likes/thinks . It's all about what you like .:thumb:

No matter what you do you will have people that like it and people that dont

TJDave 03-24-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 2176262)
Not conducive to Jeeping on trails with low hanging branches.

X2. All depends on where you live or wheel.

Around the Pacific NW, you only see them at the mall.:) Most folks that run the trails have them on hood/windshield mounts, or on the bumper.

Rubiconlj 03-24-2012 06:17 PM

I wanted some too, but my buddy and I went wheeling one weekend, rode through some cedar trees and oak trees making our own path and he got hung up on a limb. Tried to back it off but it popped off and flew with a vengence towards my windshield...luckily it missed but I decided on bumper and windshield mounts...lol

Kevinm2467 03-24-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf
I saw a thread not too long ago from a dude who installed roof-mounted lights in his garage, then realized he wouldn't be able to back out with em on. Classic Darwinism. :)

My buddy years ago put a 6 inch lift and some 36's on his f150 in his garage and realized he couldn't get it out either... Too funny seeing him all drunk putting his stock tires on... Lol

pschubs17 03-24-2012 06:32 PM

HaHa....well these lights are way too expensive to be ripped off by tree branches. I'll just stick my lights on the front bumper

Militaryman4455 03-24-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinm2467 (Post 2177535)
My buddy years ago put a 6 inch lift and some 36's on his f150 in his garage and realized he couldn't get it out either... Too funny seeing him all drunk putting his stock tires on... Lol

:banghead: :rofl:
Probably coulda just let some air out of the tires. :facepalm:

darkproximity 03-25-2012 12:02 AM

They're an easy way to spot mall crawlers around here as it was put already


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.